Cannes: Sci-Fi Film Poster Features Decapitated Donald Trump Head in MAGA Hat

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
How far is too far? A new movie project being presented during the Cannes Film Festival's Market has added itself the conversation.

It's called When Women Rule the World and the poster image — circulating at the Cannes Market and in trade publications including The Hollywood Reporter — features a bikini-clad woman (a Melania Trump-type character called Maria Putin, played by actress Anna Hera) holding two decapitated heads. One is bloodied up to look like Trump in a Make America Great Again hat and a shaggy blond wig. The other, a gray-skinned, bug-eyed zombie. "Meet the First Lady of the Future with her Heads of State," reads the tagline for the film from writer-director-producer Sheldon Silverstein.

On the film's official website, Silverstein describes himself as "an internationally accomplished" auteur who lived in Rome for 20 years and "worked with such notable directors as Sergio Leone and Federico Fellini, and was greatly influenced by these icons." When Women Rule the World marks his directorial debut following producing credits include such projects as The Erotic Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, The Pumpkin Karver and Hazard Jack.

(Excerpt) Read more at hollywoodreporter.com .

wwr_poster_fp-h_2019_0.jpg

if the head in the left hand was obama there would be outrage..... but it does resemble him!

How far is too far? A new movie project being presented during the Cannes Film Festival's Market has added itself the conversation.

It's called When Women Rule the World and the poster image — circulating at the Cannes Market and in trade publications including The Hollywood Reporter — features a bikini-clad woman (a Melania Trump-type character called Maria Putin, played by actress Anna Hera) holding two decapitated heads. One is bloodied up to look like Trump in a Make America Great Again hat and a shaggy blond wig. The other, a gray-skinned, bug-eyed zombie. "Meet the First Lady of the Future with her Heads of State," reads the tagline for the film from writer-director-producer Sheldon Silverstein.

On the film's official website, Silverstein describes himself as "an internationally accomplished" auteur who lived in Rome for 20 years and "worked with such notable directors as Sergio Leone and Federico Fellini, and was greatly influenced by these icons." When Women Rule the World marks his directorial debut following producing credits include such projects as The Erotic Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, The Pumpkin Karver and Hazard Jack.

if the head in the left hand was obama there would be outrage..... but it does resemble him!
:aug08_031:

You missed the byline..

"Originally from Russia, Anna models in Istanbul and all over Europe"

(IMDB page)

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but how has our leader responded to this kind attention?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. I ask because in my opinion, it should be appreciated. It took one of my most favorite singers 20 years to score his second top ten song, I love my late beautiful precious Billy Joe Royal SO much!!! I love watching him sing "Down In The Boondocks" here as well as "Hush" which of course was later on done by an act named Deep Purple. I love his smile SO much!!! :) :) :)

It will be a big hit on PLUTO TV.

Forum List

Back