Canadians Can’t Drink Their Water After 1.3 Billion Gallons Of Mining Waste Flows Int

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Canadians Can’t Drink Their Water After 1.3 Billion Gallons Of Mining Waste Flows Into Rivers
Canadians Can't Drink Their Water After 1.3 Billion Gallons Of Mining Waste Flows Into Rivers | ThinkProgress
Hundreds of people in British Columbia can’t use their water after more than a billion gallons of mining waste spilled into rivers and creeks in the province’s Cariboo region.

A breach in a tailings pond from the open-pit Mount Polley copper and gold mine sent five million cubic meters (1.3 billion gallons) of slurry gushing into Hazeltine Creek in B.C. That’s the equivalent of 2,000 Olympic swimming pools of waste, the CBC reports. Tailings ponds from mineral mines store a mix of water, chemicals and ground-up minerals left over from mining operations.

The flow of the mining waste, which can contain things like arsenic, mercury, and sulfur, uprooted trees on its way to the creek and forced a water ban for about 300 people who live in the region. That number could grow, as authorities determine just how far the waste has traveled. The cause of the breach is still unknown.

Shit like this is one of the reasons for regulations!

They don't have regulations in Canada. Who knew?

They should learn from us. We have laws against murder here and so, because of these laws, we have no murders in the US.

• Banned

They should learn from us. We have laws against murder here and so, because of these laws, we have no murders in the US.

So if there wasn't any laws against murder. Do you really think the problem would be better? Are you nuts?

So if there wasn't any laws against murder. Do you really think the problem would be better? Are you nuts?

I guess what this means is that we need to lock up the offending parties.

Sulfur creeping into the river from terrestrial manmade pollution and sulfuric acid falling into the river from the sky (acid rain) from gaseous manmade pollution is basically affecting the pH levels for animals living in the water and humans drinking the water.

Water pollution is a nasty problem, and psychologically feeling comfortable as a society simply by recycling plastic water bottles is unfortunately not enough eco-active work to address this water pH problem!

So why should I feel nice and cool about renting a water-life themed Hollywood (USA) movie such as "FernGully: The Last Rainforest" (1992) on Netflix when Canada is creating dirty water?

For that matter, will I feel nice and cool about kids carrying water-guns this summer or for some random Halloween party activity?

Since I can not offhand imagine a USA-Canada acid rain youth consortium, especially since I spend a solid amount of time in Amsterdam (Holland), I'd like to disseminate this story I heard by word-of-mouth:

"An Internet eco-consciousness youth network has been tabletopping an acid rain consumer information podium and connecting it to advertisements about the eco-radical fictional comic book anti-heroine Poison Ivy, nemesis of the Gotham City caped crusader Batman (DC Comics)."

I'd like to see a comic book story about Poison Ivy threatening to steal limestone supplies. Limestone is a simple buffer ingredient used by people to balance pH levels affected by unnatural sulfur content!

So go ahead and recycle those plastic water bottles, because it's certainly a good start even if you're not Batman visiting Canadian aquariums.

:eusa_boohoo:

Poison_Ivy_(Movie_Poster).jpg

It is canada...who cares. This is God's way of telling them to get off of the land that is rightfully that of the United States.

Forum List

Back