Canada’s health care system

Many go to fee-for-service clinics, too....Not everyone who is uninsured is a potential deadbeat.

Besides that, insurance shouldn't be for basic care in the first place. How many auto insurance policies cover oil changes and new tires?

That's not even a remotely apt comparison.

Again, the both of you are presuming everyone who goes to the ER for care are deadbeats-in-waiting.

Good thing leftists aren't cynical or suspicious of their fellow man.
No, I didn't say all are unable to pay, but it gives me a lot of pleasure to know that you pay for those who are unable to pay for themselves.

Again, the both of you are presuming everyone who goes to the ER for care are deadbeats-in-waiting.

Good thing leftists aren't cynical or suspicious of their fellow man.
No, I didn't say all are unable to pay, but it gives me a lot of pleasure to know that you pay for those who are unable to pay for themselves.
It gives me pleasure to finally see a lib admit that it's about them and their petty quest for vengance, rather than for the supposed needy.

Good show.

Last edited:
under medicare if you have plan A and B and a supplement you don't pay a red cent for anything. NO COPAYS. A and B cover 80%. but that 20% can still be a killer. plan A is free. but only covers 20%. after being on disability for 2 years you go on medicare A automatically. no choice.
used to be you could go to an office and say you have a bad back. bingo. your disabled. not anymore. now you may have to hire a lawyer to prove your disabled because there's a better than good chance your claim will be rejected. there's the safe guard. prove it.

Last edited:
Actually, medicare clients do have copays for medication.

Social security is responsible for determining disability.

The problem is the point of Medicaid is that the people in question can't afford insurance to start with, so adding a deductible is basically the same as getting rid of it for a sizable portion. Also, it wouldn't really discourage this behavior, as hospitals are required by law to treat people even if they can't pay.

They would still owe the money. If we had a single payer system, this problem would worsen exponentially.

They still owe the money under the current system (since most of them have no coverage at all). Guess how much of that gets paid? And no, a single payer system would help that situation, since these people could get regular checkups instead of having to go to the ER for basic care.

Tell ya what. My wife works in the ER. I'll ask her about it tomorrow.

The problem is the point of Medicaid is that the people in question can't afford insurance to start with, so adding a deductible is basically the same as getting rid of it for a sizable portion. Also, it wouldn't really discourage this behavior, as hospitals are required by law to treat people even if they can't pay.

They would still owe the money. If we had a single payer system, this problem would worsen exponentially.

They still owe the money under the current system (since most of them have no coverage at all). Guess how much of that gets paid? And no, a single payer system would help that situation, since these people could get regular checkups instead of having to go to the ER for basic care.

that wouldn't address the going to the ER at 3 am when nothing is open. like I said, I'll get back to you. fair enough?

It's a totally apt and relevant comparison.

Insurance should be for the exceptions, not the mundane.

Except that with the exception of rare cases, not changing your oil or replacing the tires on your car isn't going to be what triggers the situations which your automotive insurance does cover. That's not even remotely true with the body. Leave even something relatively minor untreated and it can balloon into a huge problem.

under medicare if you have plan A and B and a supplement you don't pay a red cent for anything. NO COPAYS. A and B cover 80%. but that 20% can still be a killer. plan A is free. but only covers 20%. after being on disability for 2 years you go on medicare A automatically. no choice.
used to be you could go to an office and say you have a bad back. bingo. your disabled. not anymore. now you may have to hire a lawyer to prove your disabled because there's a better than good chance your claim will be rejected. there's the safe guard. prove it.

And that 20% becomes a lot more manageable if you have a supplement policy.

that wouldn't address the going to the ER at 3 am when nothing is open. like I said, I'll get back to you. fair enough?

That's more than fair.

It's a totally apt and relevant comparison.

Insurance should be for the exceptions, not the mundane.

Except that with the exception of rare cases, not changing your oil or replacing the tires on your car isn't going to be what triggers the situations which your automotive insurance does cover. That's not even remotely true with the body. Leave even something relatively minor untreated and it can balloon into a huge problem.
If that's the best example of an exception you can come up with, you have nothing.

Uning that rationale, the commited fascist do-gooder could find half a reason for federal mitigation of the purchase and cosumption of Oreos.

And don't even say that can't happen....It already has in the cases of tobacco and margerine, with no universally socialized medicine.

Remind me again, which country did ailing multimillionaire Ted Kennedy go to for treatment? Was it Canada?

He supposedly dedicated his live to health care so his choice when it came to his own treatment speaks volumes, no?

Kennedy paid for the best and he got the best but what about those who do not have the money he did?

Forum List

Back