Canada Goes Conservative

Minority government with a seperatist party heh. Still...an improvement over before, that's for certain. At least the new PM isn't a dick.

"Just as campaigning hit full swing over the Christmas holidays, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police announced they were investigating a possible leak by Liberal government officials that appeared to have influenced the stock market."

http://www.rr.com/flash/index.cfm

Liberalism in action; it seems to transcend borders and nations, doesn't it? Screw the truth - screw the public good - it's all about the power.

Again I defer my opinion to the wise Mark Steyn (who is a Canadian):

http://www.steynonline.com/index2.cfm?edit_id=23

In other words, I overestimated the appeal of the right, the left and the separatists and underestimated the appeal of a party of floundering discredited kleptocrat incompetents who fought one of the most staggeringly awful campaigns in modern political history. Truly, the resilience of the Liberal Party of Canada is amazing.

Nonetheless, we have a Conservative Prime Minister. Let's make the most of it.

I can't believe the conservatives broke through the Qubec strong hold. They have a liberal provincial government right now BUT are not happy with them on a provincial level - too conservative. Anything they can "provincialize" (centeralize), they do it ie: daycare, pensions, the cost of going to the dentist is practically free and so on. I'm truely shocked. As for the ROC the results were on target for the most part, despite a few surprises.

NDP won in my riding, no real surprise, even with Broadbent out of the running. I voted for him last time.

The Liberals didn't do that bad overall and are the official opposition. I have no problem with the Conservatives per se, I just dislike Harper, a lot.

musicman said:
"Just as campaigning hit full swing over the Christmas holidays, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police announced they were investigating a possible leak by Liberal government officials that appeared to have influenced the stock market."

http://www.rr.com/flash/index.cfm

Liberalism in action; it seems to transcend borders and nations, doesn't it? Screw the truth - screw the public good - it's all about the power.

They still took 103 seats, making them the official opposition. With a minority government, Harper faces the same threats to his leadership as Martin had previously. I doubt he will run the government on a true conservative platform as has promised, since he runs the risks of the three (Liberl, very Liber and Ultra-Liberal) opposition parties forming a coaliton like the one he led to win a non-confidence vote against Martin. Minority governments are dangerous to any exective, the last time we saw that was in the 70's and the same thing happened (non-confidence vote followed by election), with Trudeau winning re-election. Either way ANYTHING is better than the NDP. The Bloc Quebecois isn't a national party, so they don't really count - they're only in it for Quebec.

Weren't these the people making fun of us for electing Bush? Calling us "Jesus-Land". Where are the Media headlines,"HOW CAN 22MILLION PEOPLE BE SO STUPID!"

:laugh:

theHawk said:
Weren't these the people making fun of us for electing Bush? Calling us "Jesus-Land". Where are the Media headlines,"HOW CAN 22MILLION PEOPLE BE SO STUPID!"

:laugh:

Maybe they are looking for some hanging chads. Or maybe it's a hanging le Tchad in Canada.

Forum List

Back