CDZ Can You Picture Yourself Taking Another Person's Life?

Can You Picture Yourself Taking Another Person's Life?

• Yes

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
You know, I don't like when the author of an OP doesn't return to his or her thread to defend or discuss the topic they started...

Tends to make me want to ignore their future posts. At the very least I no longer give them any serious consideration...

Yes.

I train with weapons, mostly my gun though, regularly. By necessity, I have to envision taking a life in self defense.

That said, the first step in self protection is Situational Awareness. Hopefully I will avoid dangerous situations entirely.

You know, I don't like when the author of an OP doesn't return to his or her thread to defend or discuss the topic they started...

Tends to make me want to ignore their future posts. At the very least I no longer give them any serious consideration...

And I never understand why that's expected.

I have posted threads that I thought might be of interest but which I really had no strong opinion about. I have seldom felt a strong need to "defend" a thread either. I might answer some posts but once a thread gets to a number of replies, its just name calling anyway. Or at least, that's the way it is on this board. Not much discussion or debate here. That's one reason I bail on threads. Or, just as often, I just forget.

This could be an interesting thread but only if its here in the CDZ. In any other forum, it would just be the usual flaming, trolling, ugly, toxic, name calling crap that rules this board.

:smile:

Until and unless you experience it firsthand, you cannot know -

- what you would do or what your reaction afterward would be.

I would like to see news follow up the many stories we read about people killing each other. I can guarantee you that most would wish they had never done it, never had to do it and have suffered mightily for the experience.

Those rub their hands together at the thought of bashing someone's head over the theft of a "THING" have no idea just how valuable human life really is.

Be careful what you wish for because believe me when I say, its not the way you thought it would be.
You would be surprised....making the decision to pull the trigger in the moment can be easy....it's living with that decision for the rest of your life, even if you were right to do it, that's hard.

And I never understand why that's expected.

I have posted threads that I thought might be of interest but which I really had no strong opinion about. I have seldom felt a strong need to "defend" a thread either. I might answer some posts but once a thread gets to a number of replies, its just name calling anyway. Or at least, that's the way it is on this board. Not much discussion or debate here. That's one reason I bail on threads. Or, just as often, I just forget.

This could be an interesting thread but only if its here in the CDZ. In any other forum, it would just be the usual flaming, trolling, ugly, toxic, name calling crap that rules this board.

:smile:

I suppose. I just figure that, if someone considers it important enough to start a thread about it, especially in the CDZ, it would be important enough to drop back by and respond to a post or two...

I would like to see news follow up the many stories we read about people killing each other. I can guarantee you that most would wish they had never done it, never had to do it and have suffered mightily for the experience.

Those rub their hands together at the thought of bashing someone's head over the theft of a "THING" have no idea just how valuable human life really is.

Be careful what you wish for because believe me when I say, its not the way you thought it would be.
That which I worked for and earned belongs to no one but me.
I don't rub my hands together at the thought of bashing someones head in for stealing from me.
But, if I catch someone stealing what I have worked for I don't consider it murder if I remove them from the gene pool.
A thief's life holds no value in my opinion.
If you think otherwise, may all the thieves choose your property to steal.
Now, now....let's not kill all the thieves. I wouldn't kill over "stuff". There are people that kill for "stuff", such as fifty cents, a pair of Nike Air Jordans, a cool car, inheritance, insurance money....I've given away more stuff than most people will ever own, I've had stuff stolen from me by burglars, some of the stuff I gave away was stolen from the people I gave it to.

I wouldn't kill over "stuff".

My third ex-wife tried to kill me...for a lousy half million dollars! Since then I've made four times that.

However, I would kill to protect myself, my family, my friends, my neighbors, my co-workers or anybody else that happened to be an innocent part of my surroundings at a time that I found myself adequately armed while in a threatening situation. Since I carry virtually 24/7 various and often multiple .380cal, .40cal, .45cal and .410gauge handguns, the next time I find myself in a threatening situation...I'll be ready and willing to kill!

As for me, I would not be able to hurt someone. Seriously. I could not possibly murder someone , because it would go completely against my moral standing. If you think the same, then why in 2013 - the latest year for which detailed statistics are available - there were 12,664 murders in the US. Of those, 8,583 were caused by firearms.
In a heartbeat. I have no morals when it comes to defending the ones I love.

As for me, I would not be able to hurt someone. Seriously. I could not possibly murder someone , because it would go completely against my moral standing. If you think the same, then why in 2013 - the latest year for which detailed statistics are available - there were 12,664 murders in the US. Of those, 8,583 were caused by firearms.

Tell the truth. You just don't have any morals period.

Yes. If my life was in danger, or one of my loved ones...no doubt about it.

Tell the truth. You just don't have any morals period.
I have very few morals. The ones I do have are quite enough to do what I need to do in life.

That which I worked for and earned belongs to no one but me.
I don't rub my hands together at the thought of bashing someones head in for stealing from me.
But, if I catch someone stealing what I have worked for I don't consider it murder if I remove them from the gene pool.
A thief's life holds no value in my opinion.
If you think otherwise, may all the thieves choose your property to steal.

I'll say it again - Until and unless it happens to you, you cannot know the reality of it.
Until what happens?
A thief stealing from me? It has happenned, a few times.
Me catching the thief in the act? It has happenned to me (once). I didn't kill the person at the time because I was shocked that it was not only one of my neighbors, but a man I had hired in the past to do work for me. If he ever does it again and I catch him in the act things won't turn out well for him. I don't like theives.

Now, now....let's not kill all the thieves. I wouldn't kill over "stuff". There are people that kill for "stuff", such as fifty cents, a pair of Nike Air Jordans, a cool car, inheritance, insurance money....I've given away more stuff than most people will ever own, I've had stuff stolen from me by burglars, some of the stuff I gave away was stolen from the people I gave it to.

I wouldn't kill over "stuff".

My third ex-wife tried to kill me...for a lousy half million dollars! Since then I've made four times that.

However, I would kill to protect myself, my family, my friends, my neighbors, my co-workers or anybody else that happened to be an innocent part of my surroundings at a time that I found myself adequately armed while in a threatening situation. Since I carry virtually 24/7 various and often multiple .380cal, .40cal, .45cal and .410gauge handguns, the next time I find myself in a threatening situation...I'll be ready and willing to kill!
You can call it "stuff" all you want to. Some of my "stuff" is rare tribal artifacts from as far back as circa 100 CE. Some of my "stuff" is rare fossils over 30 million years old. I have worked hard for 40 years to earn the money to buy this "stuff", some with individual values of as much as $10K.
To me, a thief's life is worth about 5 cents, which is much less value than my "stuff". I worked for it and I earned it, the thief didn't. If a thief attempts to steal my "stuff", he risks death.
It's against the law to booby trap my house, otherwise I would.

"It's against the law to booby trap my house, otherwise I would."

Why is it against the law to set booby traps? Seems to me very fair. If someone gets caught in one, it's because they kept coming around trying to victimize the person living there. So fair game. I'd like to see the law a lot looser on property defense.

Im not sure what Id do. Once I was in a very dangerous situation with a psycho and a weapon. I ended up talking my way through that. Its something I did automatically and it kept him from going off totally.
Survival instincts are hard to predict and each situation might be different.
Protecting yourself/ loved ones in any way possible is a normal instinct.

Sorry to harp on the booby traps thing, but given that people are openly carrying long guns around to terrorize people in restaurants in Texas, and known crazies the whole community is worrying about are carrying hand guns while they harass young people for parking an extra car at a town house complex, like that North Carolina killer did --- thus making good his threat ---

Seems to me a little booby-trapping would be less bad than all that open threatening the public with guns, darn.

If thieves and prowlers don't want to get booby-trapped, they can just stay out of property that isn't theirs, after all.

Last edited:
Sorry to harp on the booby traps thing, but given that people are openly carrying long guns around to terrorize people in restaurants in Texas, and known crazies the whole community is worrying about are carrying hand guns while they harass young people for parking an extra car at a town house complex, like that North Carolina killer did --- thus making good his threat ---

Seems to me a little booby-trapping would be less bad than all that open threatening the public with guns, darn.

If thieves and prowlers don't want to get booby-trapped, they can just stay out of property that isn't theirs, after all.
I don't get what's supposed to be scary about a slung rifle. Why does it occure to you that that's something to be worried about?

Forum List

Back