Can We Agree?

Hats off to ever this young lady was. Bravo :clap:

-Geaux
------------------

This was written by an unnamed 21 yr. old female who gets it. It's her future she's worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare big government state that she's being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . ..

Put me in charge of food stamps no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. If you want to use drugs, alcohol, or smoke, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22-inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good."

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self-esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self-esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov't subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes, that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov't welfare check . If you want to vote, then get a job .

This sounds just like all the politicians. It doesn't sound like a sensible plan, it sounds like she's been told what to think, and then she's regurgitating what she's been told by political adverts over the last 10 years or so.

"You're free!"

"Yes, I am free"

Why do some think the people on welfare are entitled to luxuries afforded by the employed, and not just basic substance?

-Geaux

My point didn't really have anything to do with your reply.

To answer your question, I don't think those who don't work should be entitled to luxuries at all.

However to return to my point, the person is regurgitating what has been force fed her. Solutions for the problem of welfare are not as simple as what she's making out. There's not much thinking going on at all. That's why I have a problem with what has been said.

I say we should implement the changes while we figure a better approach for all. Its kind of like stop the bleeding, then treat the symptom

-Geaux

The problem is, they can't come up with a good solution and stop gap solutions won't work either. It needs a decent policy, one that works, one that is based around the real world, one that takes into account all factors. Politicians only have one job, and that's to be politicians, but they spend their whole time trying to keep their jobs that they don't bother doing their jobs.

-Geaux
------------------

This was written by an unnamed 21 yr. old female who gets it. It's her future she's worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare big government state that she's being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . ..

Put me in charge of food stamps no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. If you want to use drugs, alcohol, or smoke, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22-inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good."

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self-esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self-esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov't subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes, that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov't welfare check . If you want to vote, then get a job .

This sounds just like all the politicians. It doesn't sound like a sensible plan, it sounds like she's been told what to think, and then she's regurgitating what she's been told by political adverts over the last 10 years or so.

"You're free!"

"Yes, I am free"

Why do some think the people on welfare are entitled to luxuries afforded by the employed, and not just basic substance?

-Geaux

To answer your question, I don't think those who don't work should be entitled to luxuries at all.

However to return to my point, the person is regurgitating what has been force fed her. Solutions for the problem of welfare are not as simple as what she's making out. There's not much thinking going on at all. That's why I have a problem with what has been said.

Force fed? I'd say it's common sense.
There was a time when being on welfare was embarrassing...those days need to return.

I remember when I used to work in a supermarket way back when and they had a program called WIC that gave out what were basically food stamps but all that could be purchased were milk, formula, eggs, and cereals

I see no reason why there can't be similar restrictions on food stamps

I remember when I used to work in a supermarket way back when and they had a program called WIC that gave out what were basically food stamps but all that could be purchased were milk, formula, eggs, and cereals

That might hurt the poor dears feelings.
Tough titty

I think there should be some shame involved in being on the dole

remember when I used to work in a supermarket way back when and they had a program called WIC that gave out what were basically food stamps but all that could be purchased were milk, formula, eggs, and cereals

And seeing as how the republicans control the Congress, why haven't they fixed all that for you? You know, why haven't the republicans returned us to the good ole days?

Why did the republicans want control of congress if they won't do anything?

remember when I used to work in a supermarket way back when and they had a program called WIC that gave out what were basically food stamps but all that could be purchased were milk, formula, eggs, and cereals

And seeing as how the republicans control the Congress, why haven't they fixed all that for you? You know, why haven't the republicans returned us to the good ole days?

How the fuck would I know I'm not a republican

You havent been paying attention.
The so called republicans you mentioned are RINOs and real Conservatives cant stand them.

Then who are you looking to to fix all these horrible problems with SNAP?
Democrats? LMAO.

You don't really have a problem with SNAP. You just like to bitch. Right?

You don't support a political party, so you just bitch.

Who's gonna give you that flat tax if you don't support a political party?

-Geaux
------------------

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . ..

This seems like such common sense. I don't agree with the voting requirement though. If you're a citizen then you vote. Everything else makes sense - to much sense.

Then who are you looking to to fix all these horrible problems with SNAP?
Democrats? LMAO.

You don't really have a problem with SNAP. You just like to bitch. Right?

You don't support a political party, so you just bitch.

Who's gonna give you that flat tax if you don't support a political party?

Just because I don't support a party does not mean I cannot support indivduals does it?

You see unlike you I don't need some political party hacks to tell me how to vote

-Geaux
------------------

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . ..

"You're free!"

"Yes, I am free"

-Geaux

There was a time when being on welfare was embarrassing...those days need to return.

You'd say it's common sense huh? I wouldn't, I don't have time right now to go into it, I gotta run, but I'll try and remember when I get back in a looooong while.

I'd say things need to change, but not necessarily with simplistic nonsense.

-Geaux
------------------

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . ..

"You're free!"

"Yes, I am free"

-Geaux

You'd say it's common sense huh? I wouldn't, I don't have time right now to go into it, I gotta run, but I'll try and remember when I get back in a looooong while.

I'd say things need to change, but not necessarily with simplistic nonsense.

When there's no shame being on the dole and they come to feel it's their right to receive it we have a problem.
And it should be abundantly clear to those who are on welfare that they are a burden on society and the benefits they receive should reflect that.

Because some of these folks are homeless and they don't have access to any cook areas. Some of these people have disabilities and they can't cook but they can order prepared meals. That's why.

Because as we all know, the people on food stamps are negroes with 22-inch rims.

Oops. Her mask slipped a little!

Put me in charge of your education, and you will use proper grammar and punctuation.

Poor, ignorant rubes. They have been conditioned into bleeving their problems are somehow the fault of negroes with 22-inch rims, and Mexicans.

:lol:

-Geaux
------------------

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . ..

What is this, another "FREE SHIT" topic.

This is Bernie Sanders stuff.

I knew right winders were feeling the bern from all along; free powder milk, free cheese, free rice, free medicine, free housing.....

RW turning this country into COMMUNIST RUSSIA...

Because some of these folks are homeless and they don't have access to any cook areas. Some of these people have disabilities and they can't cook but they can order prepared meals. That's why.

So there can be limits placed on prepared meals as well.

So where exactly is this homeless guy going to cook his frozen pizza?
It'd be a hell of a lot easier to make a pot of beans over a fire than to cook a pizza.
And thats what soup kitchens are for anyway. There's the Star of Hope here in Houston and many others.

Besides.....
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture website, SNAP benefits (which are transferred to the EBT card) can only be used to buy healthy foods such as bread, cereal, fruits, vegetables, meat and dairy products. The USDA also says that items such as hot food, pet food, soap, household supplies, beer, cigarettes and wine are strictly forbidden. But the SNAP program doesn’t have any way to actually enforce the rules. Because of this, the “rules” are more like soft guidelines, and that might explain the massive increase in welfare recipients in the past few years.

So where exactly is this homeless guy going to cook his frozen pizza?
It'd be a hell of a lot easier to make a pot of beans over a fire than to cook a pizza.
And thats what soup kitchens are for anyway. There's the Star of Hope here in Houston and many others.

Besides.....
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture website, SNAP benefits (which are transferred to the EBT card) can only be used to buy healthy foods such as bread, cereal, fruits, vegetables, meat and dairy products. The USDA also says that items such as hot food, pet food, soap, household supplies, beer, cigarettes and wine are strictly forbidden. But the SNAP program doesn’t have any way to actually enforce the rules. Because of this, the “rules” are more like soft guidelines, and that might explain the massive increase in welfare recipients in the past few years.
Can SNAP benefits be used in restaurants?
In some instances, yes. Since 1977, the Restaurant Meals Program has been a voluntary component of the Federal Food Stamps Act. It enables qualified elderly, disabled and homeless SNAP recipients to buy food at authorized restaurants. Any state or county can enroll in the Restaurant Meals Program. More information is available at: www.fns.usda.gov/snap/applicant_recipients/eligibility.htm#special.

What are the benefits of the Restaurant Meals Program?
The Restaurant Meals Program helps expand food access to those who do not have a place to store and cook food, who may not be able to prepare food or who don’t have access to a grocery store. The Restaurant Meals Program currently operates in Arizona and Michigan and in a handful of California counties. Other states are also interested in participation.

What does a state need to do to participate in the Restaurant Meals Program?
No new legislation is required at either the federal or state level to participate. States must simply work with USDA to apply. Typically, the state authorities that administer SNAP notify the USDA regional Food and Nutrition Service EBT coordinator in writing of intent to participate. The state also provides a detailed plan to identify participants for the program and to demonstrate how it will monitor the program. Restaurants in that state may then apply to be authorized to participate.

How does a restaurant gain approval to participate in the Restaurant Meals Program?
Applications vary from state to state. The restaurant owner signs an agreement with the state stipulating that the restaurant meets basic government requirements to participate, including the ability to process EBT card payments at the point of sale. There is also a USDA application to become a licensed SNAP provider. Both the USDA application and the signed state agreement are sent to the USDA field office for approval. An application must be completed for each restaurant location that wishes to accept SNAP benefits.

Restaurants cannot charge a sales or meal tax on prepared foods purchased with SNAP benefits. Restaurants must also offer low cost options and must agree not to accept SNAP benefits for gratuities.
SNAP and the Restaurant Meals Program - Food assistance for elderly, disabled and homeless people.

Forum List

Back