Can Palestinian's and Israeli's ever be friends?

Can Palestinian's and Israeli's ever be friends?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
P F Tinmore, et al,

Well, your interpretation is completely wrong.

The land was transferred to Palestine.

The Treaty of Lausanne required the newly created states that acquired the territory to pay annuities on the Ottoman public debt, and to assume responsibility for the administration of concessions that had been granted by the Ottomans. A dispute regarding the status of the territories was settled by an Arbitrator appointed by the Council of the League of Nations. It was decided that Palestine and Transjordan were newly created states according to the terms of the applicable post-war treaties.

State of Palestine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(COMMENT)

The Lausanne Treaty does not mention Palestine or Trans-Jordan by name. It is assumed that it is included in the Article 3 description:
From the Mediterranean to the frontier of Persia, the frontier of Turkey is laid down as follows: With Syria: The frontier described in Article 8 of the Franco-Turkish Agreement of the 20th October, 1921.

Which Treaty are you talking about that decides by name that "Palestine and Trans-Jordan" were newly created states. While it is true that the Treaty of Sevres does make reference to "Palestine" --- it does not mention Trans-Jordan. The Treaty of Sevres was superseded by the Treaty of Lausanne.

To my knowledge, there is no Treaty between Turkey and the Palestinians transferring and territory to them or creating a new State.

I would be ever so grateful if your were to identify that treaty.

Most Respectfully,
R
The Lausanne Treaty does not mention Palestine or Trans-Jordan by name.​

Indeed, it does mention successor states without mentioning any of them by name. If it mentioned all of them except for Palestine you may have a point.

You are grasping at straws and going deep into Israeli propaganda territory.

And in every account the successor states where France, Britain and Russia for the most part. With Saudi, Egypt and Lebanon bringing up the rear.

It is you clutching at straws because the evidence is destroying you POV and undermining your stance

P F Tinmore, et al,

Again, I think you misunderstand.

P_F Tinmore, et al,

Well, not exactly correct.

(COMMENT)

The Occupied Enemy Territory Administration or OETA was a joint British and French military administration over Levantine and Mesopotamian provinces of the former Ottoman Empire between 1918–20, set up following the Sinai and Palestine Campaign of World War I. The administration ended following the assignment of the French Mandate of Syria and Lebanon and British Mandate for Palestine at the 19–26 April 1920 San Remo conference.
SOURCE: Open Source Encyclopedia

You will no doubt note, that the INTERIM REPORT ON THE CIVIL ADMINISTRATION OF PALESTINE, --- makes clear that the Civil Administration began 1 JULY 1920; almost immediately following the San Remo Convention (25 April 1920) by the Allied Powers.

It is more accurate for you to say that the UK terminated responsibilities as the Mandatory in May 1948.

Most Respectfully,
R
Indeed, Britain occupied Palestine. In 1920 Britain changed the name to civil administration. However, Palestine remained under military occupation. Britain even increased its troop strength in the late '30s.

Why did Britain need 30 years of military control? If they had followed the LoN Covenant, a handful of civilians could have been in and out of there in 10-15 years.
Because of arab muslim violence and terrorism.

The covenant did not say what you have stated
Britain created all of the violence by not following the Covenant.
(COMMENT)

The Covenant makes no specific reference, promise or obligation to the regional inhabitance that would come to be known later as Arab Palestinians. The Covenant refers to "Certain communities formerly belonging to the Turkish Empire." What constituted the territory of Palestine in 1919, had not been decided yet. The "certain communities" may or may not have included Palestine, within such boundaries as may have been determined later by the Principal Allied Powers.

The obligations of the Mandatory, written by the same authors as wrote the Covenant, were articulated in the Mandate issued by the Allied Powers.

The principal obligations of the mandatory Power are defined in Article 2 of the Mandate. This Article appears to give equal weight to three obligations:

(i) the creation of conditions which would secure the establishment of the Jewish national home;

(ii) the creation of conditions which would secure the development of self-governing institutions; and

(iii) the safeguarding of the civil and religious rights of all the inhabitants.​

Most Respectfully,
R
What does that have to do with Britain maintaining a military presence for basically a civilian mandate?

Where does it say that it was "basically a civilian mandate" then. Time to produce the evidence from the LoN mandate or UN to show this. The mandate explicitly states that Britain would be a MILITARY PRESENSE in Palestine and not a civilian one. As this from the mandate shows

ARTICLE 1.
The Mandatory shall have full powers of legislation and of administration, save as they may be limited by the terms of this mandate.

ART. 2.
The Mandatory shall be responsible for placing the country under such political, administrative and economic conditions as will secure the establishment of the Jewish national home, as laid down in the preamble, and the development of self-governing institutions, and also for safeguarding the civil and religious rights of all the inhabitants of Palestine, irrespective of race and religion.

ART. 15.
The Mandatory shall see that complete freedom of conscience and the free exercise of all forms of worship, subject only to the maintenance of public order and morals, are ensured to all. No discrimination of any kind shall be made between the inhabitants of Palestine on the ground of race, religion or language. No person shall be excluded from Palestine on the sole ground of his religious belief.

The right of each community to maintain its own schools for the education of its own members in its own language, while conforming to such educational requirements of a general nature as the Administration may impose, shall not be denied or impaired.

ART. 17.
The Administration of Palestine may organist on a voluntary basis the forces necessary for the preservation of peace and order, and also for the defence of the country, subject, however, to the supervision of the Mandatory, but shall not use them for purposes other than those above specified save with the consent of the Mandatory. Except for such purposes, no military, naval or air forces shall be raised or maintained by the Administration of Palestine.

Nothing in this article shall preclude the Administration of Palestine from contributing to the cost of the maintenance of the forces of the Mandatory in Palestine.

The Mandatory shall be entitled at all times to use the roads, railways and ports of Palestine for the movement of armed forces and the carriage of fuel and supplies

P F Tinmore, et al,

Occupation is defined by the Hague Convention.

P F Tinmore, et al,

Again, I think you misunderstand.

Because of arab muslim violence and terrorism.

The covenant did not say what you have stated
Britain created all of the violence by not following the Covenant.
(COMMENT)

The Covenant makes no specific reference, promise or obligation to the regional inhabitance that would come to be known later as Arab Palestinians. The Covenant refers to "Certain communities formerly belonging to the Turkish Empire." What constituted the territory of Palestine in 1919, had not been decided yet. The "certain communities" may or may not have included Palestine, within such boundaries as may have been determined later by the Principal Allied Powers.

The obligations of the Mandatory, written by the same authors as wrote the Covenant, were articulated in the Mandate issued by the Allied Powers.

The principal obligations of the mandatory Power are defined in Article 2 of the Mandate. This Article appears to give equal weight to three obligations:

(i) the creation of conditions which would secure the establishment of the Jewish national home;

(ii) the creation of conditions which would secure the development of self-governing institutions; and

(iii) the safeguarding of the civil and religious rights of all the inhabitants.​

Most Respectfully,
R
What does that have to do with Britain maintaining a military presence for basically a civilian mandate?
(COMMENT)

The Allied Powers THEN (just the same as now) have a military presence in many theaters and countries around the world. It doesn't mean that the presences constitutes an "Occupation Force."

The military presence is to lend what support is necessary for the maintenance of law and order for the Civil Administration, and a defensive deterrent.

Most Respectfully,
R
Are you saying that the Palestinians did not already have local governments with police departments that were, more or less, sufficient for their needs?

Palestine was an A mandate it was already a functioning country. They needed some assistance, that the mandate was to provide, to set up a national government.

After 30 years Britain had still not established a functioning government.

How about a official declaration then from the LoN saying that Palestine was an A mandate.

It was not the mandatories job to set up a government but the inhabitants, and it was the Jewish inhabitants that took the first step in may 1948.

Why do you try and alter what the mandate says when it is in the Jews favour

As You are defending trouble maker israel, ignoring all that killing by jews.

I do not defend the government of Israel nor their policies...

I do not defend the zionists who, in my opinion, are no better than Hamas extremists...

I do defend the right of Jews to have a homeland...

You understand the differences between Israel, zionism and Jews?
I do understand that you are hypocrite and you are supporting force invasion and keep killing innocent people by Israel.

Odd response to my comment... Did you actually READ my comment?
As Jew already living happily around the world, 13 million visible and 100 million not visible regardless muslim countries and non muslim countries. Means they don't need homeland and they have no right to displace whole Palestinian nation to pursue their desire to have home.

What Palestinian nation was that, when did it come into existence and who was its leader ?
Definitely it is your job not to accept the facts.

As You are defending trouble maker israel, ignoring all that killing by jews.

I do not defend the zionists who, in my opinion, are no better than Hamas extremists...

I do understand that you are hypocrite and you are supporting force invasion and keep killing innocent people by Israel.

As Jew already living happily around the world, 13 million visible and 100 million not visible regardless muslim countries and non muslim countries. Means they don't need homeland and they have no right to displace whole Palestinian nation to pursue their desire to have home.

Sorry, you are wrong....

Everyone has a 'right' to a homeland...

The issue arises when they want to steal someone else homeland.

Whatever the sky wizard allegedly told some bloke about going and killing everyone in a specified region and taking the land for eternity.... Utter shite!

And, to be honest, I really don't care if SOME of them lived there previously... Like 3,000 years ago... I think the world has moved on since then!

Trying to 'claim' a region that has been conquered, inhabited, reconquered, re-inhabited throughout the millennia by several different dynasties/civilisations is utterly ridiculous....

However, there is NOTHING wrong in people wanting a 'homeland'... Just not at the expense of others!
Israel is created at the expense of others and they used others shoulders too.

P F Tinmore, et al,

What was to be defined as Palestine, was not self-governing --- able to stand alone. It was not necessarily an Article 22 "Certain Communities."

Are you saying that the Palestinians did not already have local governments with police departments that were, more or less, sufficient for their needs?

Palestine was an A mandate it was already a functioning country. They needed some assistance, that the mandate was to provide, to set up a national government.
(COMMENT)

To some extent, this was true. The Arabs did participate in some government functions. But the management of government and the infrastructure development were not driven or maintained by the Arabs. It was the Ottoman Empire that formed the backbone of the government --- developed and maintained the the essential government policies and procedures, and extended the rule of law scheme that connected national laws with local authority requirements. Jerusalem, somewhat special, received its financial and administrative support and guidance from the capital in Constantinople.

We normally say that the territory of Palestine, to which the mandate applied, was govern under the Administrative Division of the Ottoman Vilayet of Syria from Damascus. That is because the what we call Trans-Jordan comprised three-quarters of the Mandate territory. Saying the Vilayet of Syria was close enough given the order in which the surrender of Ottoman garrisons (Hejaz, Assir, Yemen, Syria, and Mesopotamia) occurred in October 1918 (Mudros Armistice); indeed the Treaty of Lausanne referred to it all as Syria. But to be more accurate, in 1918, the territories of Israel, the West Bank and Gaza Strip (everything from the Jordan River, west to the Mediterranean Sea) was actually govern either under the Vilayet of Beirut (including the Sanjuk of Acre and Sanjuk Balqa) --- or --- by the Independent Sanjuk of Jerusalem (which would have encompassed the West Bank and Gaza Strip).

While Arabs worked inside the government as civil servants, the principle executive decisions were beyond local government and the hand of local Arabs.

After 30 years Britain had still not established a functioning government.
(COMMENT)

And even today, the pro-Palestinians and the Islamic Resistance still blame the Mandatory (UK) for the lack in establishing self-government. But that is just the childish notion that "everything wrong is someone else's fault (the perpetual victim). However, the Arab Palestinians and the Arab League were just as much at fault for any failures (if not more) than were any missteps by the Mandatory were to account.

The Political History of Palestine under British Administration
A/AC.14/8 2 October 1947

Later in 1923, a third attempt was made to establish an institution through which the Arab population of Palestine could be brought into cooperation with the government. The mandatory Power now proposed “the establishment of an Arab Agency in Palestine which will occupy a position exactly analogous to that accorded to the Jewish Agency”. The Arab Agency would have the right to be consulted on all matters relating to immigration, on which it was recognised that “the views of the Arab community were entitled to special consideration”. The Arab leaders declined that this offer on the ground that it would not satisfy the aspirations of the Arab people. They added that, never having recognised the status of the Jewish Agency, they had no desire for the establishment of an Arab Agency on the same basis.

“The British Government desired to establish a self-government in Palestine, but to proceed in this direction by stages…. It had been announced that the nominated Advisory Council was to be the first stage. The second stage would have been a Legislative Council without an Arab majority. If this worked satisfactorily, the third stage, after a lapse of perhaps same years, would have been a constitution on more democratic lines.”
In practice it proved impossible even to initiate this policy of gradual constitutional development. From 1922 until the present day, the High Commissioner has governed Palestine with the aid of Councils consisting exclusively of British officials.

Even in the very early years of the Mandate Period, there were emerging powerful Arab interests, internal and external to Palestine, defying any attempt for the Mandate to be successful in accomplishing the San Remo intent or honor the Faisal-Weizmann Agreement pertaining to "the consummation of their national aspirations."

Most Respectfully,
R

What Palestinian nation was that, when did it come into existence and who was its leader ?
Definitely it is your job not to accept the facts.

What facts as Palestine did not become a nation until 1988 and then in name only. Now that is a fact

The Jewish national home became a nation in 1948 based on international law of 1923. that is another fact

The arab muslims were given the chance of colonising Palestine in the early 1800's not once but 3 times. And each time they left and went back to their own countries. yet another fact

The European Jews were offered the same deal in around 1850 and took it making the desert bloom And yet another fact.

See I accept facts that are provable beyond reasonable doubt, I don't accept islamonazi lies that have no covenance

Sorry, you are wrong....

Whatever the sky wizard allegedly told some bloke about going and killing everyone in a specified region and taking the land for eternity.... Utter shite!

And, to be honest, I really don't care if SOME of them lived there previously... Like 3,000 years ago... I think the world has moved on since then!

Trying to 'claim' a region that has been conquered, inhabited, reconquered, re-inhabited throughout the millennia by several different dynasties/civilisations is utterly ridiculous....

However, there is NOTHING wrong in people wanting a 'homeland'... Just not at the expense of others!

Israel was created at the expense of many.... And continues, at the expense of many....

But that is a very different issue to whether Jews should have a 'homeland' or not....

Hence, I do not support Israel or the Israeli government!

Sorry, you are wrong....

Who's expense as no one paid any price to Israel for the declaration of independence. The arab muslims paid a heavy price to the arab league that illegally invaded and tried to wipe out the Jews and destroy Israel

Sorry, you are wrong....

Israel was created at the expense of many.... And continues, at the expense of many....

But that is a very different issue to whether Jews should have a 'homeland' or not....

Only if you subscribe to islamonazi propaganda and lies. The expense was created by the arab league when they illegally invaded Palestine with the intentions of wiping out the Jews and destroying Israel.
If you do not support Israel or its government then you cant support the Jews having a homeland as that mean an Israeli bation with an Israeli government.

It was only a matter of time before you made the disclosure once and for all that you are just an islamonazi Jew hater

Sorry, you are wrong....

Only if you subscribe to islamonazi propaganda and lies. The expense was created by the arab league when they illegally invaded Palestine with the intentions of wiping out the Jews and destroying Israel.
If you do not support Israel or its government then you cant support the Jews having a homeland as that mean an Israeli bation with an Israeli government.

It was only a matter of time before you made the disclosure once and for all that you are just an islamonazi Jew hater

Yes, well your brainwashed zionut mentality is clear for all to see Phoney...

You simply cannot differentiate between, people and politics can you!

What a moronic schmuck!

What a moronic schmuck!
He's just a 15 year old kid.

Like that bumper sticker...

"I wish I had all of life's problems when I
was a teenager and knew everything!"

Sorry, you are wrong....

What a moronic schmuck!

It is yiou that cant differentiate as Israel is the people not the government, unless you want to run with your claim that the government are the people and so all Israelis are responsible for the deaths in gaza and so they are all war criminals.

What a moronic schmuck!
He's just a 15 year old kid.

Like that bumper sticker...

"I wish I had all of life's problems when I
was a teenager and knew everything!"

Puts me 5 years ahead of you then doesn't it........................................................

1. A simple question, yet so much air and no answer.
Oh, I answered. You just didn't like it.

Non Jews in Israel have full citizenship, what stops those 'indigenous'
to determine themselves? Who are they? How did they end up in Palestine and dd thy have any distinct palestinian culture and religion?
Non-Jewish Israeli's are treated like 2nd class citizens.

I was referring to the indigenous people living in the West Bank.

2.This elections between the two gangs started with violence, continues with it and is the reason why they didn't have elections since.
Except for the fact that they stopped their violence long enough to create a unity government, but Israel attacked Gaza in order to break up that government. Israel doesn't want Fatah and Hamas to settle their differences and become a political movement.

3.This is the the exact argument used by terrorists to justify murders of civilians in clubs,hospitals, buses and so on... You're a sheeple thinking You have rights and control over Your govt.
I didn't say "rights and control", I said you are "responsible".

Do you call yourself a democracy? Do you vote for your elected leaders? Do those leaders do things in your name? Then you are responsible.

Stop electing fascists and megalomaniacs like Netanfuckyou.

4. the naked king here is You, after stating that You care not for Israel or the balestinians You still spit all the hatred and blood libels based on Your hurt ego some thousand miles away having no clue about the ME.
Cursing all the time is a sign of weakness and stress, Do You have any reason to take this conflict pesonally?
No. Not at all. And since I could care less, why would it hurt my ego?

BTW, in regards to the profanity, that's just the way I talk.

Sorry, you are wrong....

What a moronic schmuck!

It is yiou that cant differentiate as Israel is the people not the government, unless you want to run with your claim that the government are the people and so all Israelis are responsible for the deaths in gaza and so they are all war criminals.

No Phoney...

Israel is a country!

Jeez and they still pay you for posts like that?

They will be after their money back!

Such an idiot Phoney!

1. A simple question, yet so much air and no answer.
Oh, I answered. You just didn't like it.

Non Jews in Israel have full citizenship, what stops those 'indigenous'
to determine themselves? Who are they? How did they end up in Palestine and dd thy have any distinct palestinian culture and religion?
Non-Jewish Israeli's are treated like 2nd class citizens.

I was referring to the indigenous people living in the West Bank.

2.This elections between the two gangs started with violence, continues with it and is the reason why they didn't have elections since.
Except for the fact that they stopped their violence long enough to create a unity government, but Israel attacked Gaza in order to break up that government. Israel doesn't want Fatah and Hamas to settle their differences and become a political movement.

3.This is the the exact argument used by terrorists to justify murders of civilians in clubs,hospitals, buses and so on... You're a sheeple thinking You have rights and control over Your govt.
I didn't say "rights and control", I said you are "responsible".

Do you call yourself a democracy? Do you vote for your elected leaders? Do those leaders do things in your name? Then you are responsible.

Stop electing fascists and megalomaniacs like Netanfuckyou.

4. the naked king here is You, after stating that You care not for Israel or the balestinians You still spit all the hatred and blood libels based on Your hurt ego some thousand miles away having no clue about the ME.
Cursing all the time is a sign of weakness and stress, Do You have any reason to take this conflict pesonally?
No. Not at all. And since I could care less, why would it hurt my ego?

BTW, in regards to the profanity, that's just the way I talk.

No you did not answer it, you just wrote garbage

Would that be the indigenous Jews as well that were forcibly evicted and all their property stolen by the Palestinians in 1949 ?

When was this as since 2007 there has been no unity government as one side or the other finds a way to stop the talks.

So all palestinians are responsible for the terrorist attacks on Israel, meaning that they are all valid military targets. So we wont hear your whinging about farmers and fishermen getting fired on anymore will we. Guess you just shot yourself in the foot again ! ! ! !

Like the trailer park trash you are

What a moronic schmuck!

No Phoney...

Israel is a country!

Jeez and they still pay you for posts like that?

They will be after their money back!

Such an idiot Phoney!

Not as much an idiot as you who has just admitted that you are a Jew hater.
Yes Israel is a country and you admit to hating it as a country, which means that you also hate all the people who live there.
Now I don't hate any muslim country, just the extremists that live there and cause untold suffering for every one else. So what does this make me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back