Can anyone find my posts on fine tuning of planet earth?

Newtonian

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2020
I was up to example #3 but cannot find the posts. I need help with that.

One of the examples involves the geologic carbon cycle including a Britannica article on the evolution of earth's atmosphere which quantified the amount of CO2 now trapped in earth's carbonates. Reposting the article link:

The chart:

"Carbon in Earth's crust
form
total amount (Pg* C)
*One Pg (abbreviation for petagram) equals one quadrillion (1015) grams. Entries refer to amounts of carbon.

atmospheric CO (as of 1978)
oceanic carbon dioxide, bicarbonate ion, and carbonate ion
limestones, other carbonate sediments
carbonate in metamorphic rocks
total biomass
organic carbon in ocean water
organic carbon in soils
organic carbon in sedimentary rocks
organic carbon in metamorphic rocks
The table also emphasizes the dissolution of atmospheric gases by the ocean. The carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is in equilibrium with, and far less abundant than, the oceanic inventory of carbon dioxide, bicarbonate ions (HCO3−),"

Notice that most carbon in earth's crust is in the form of carbonates like limestone.

So - why didn't earth end up like Venus?

I would imagine it was sucked into a black hole.

But I can surmise why the earth hasn't ended up like Venus: The planet's orbitations are slowly being drawn closer to the sun, because of the sun's gravitational pull. At some point eons ago, Venus would have been in the same proximity to the sun as the Earth is now, and Earth would have been located where Mars is.

Which brings up another question: If Venus was is the "perfect" position in relation to the sun as we are here, would there have been life? And will there be life on Mars at some point eons from now, when the Earth's orbit has been pulled closer to the sun, and Mars has moved to our proximity to the sun?

Another thing to think about: When we sent the Mars Rover to the planet, did some single-cell forms of life manage to hitchhike a ride from here to Mars, embedded in some tiny crack in the Mars Rover? And if so, have those life forms thrived?

And if one believes in Darwinism and if it did thrive, will it evolve to become sentinent beings by the time the Earth is pulled closer to the sun, and Mars is where our orbit is?

Which brings another question: If there was the possibility of life on Venus at one time, did they accidentally transfer one-celled life forms to Earth with their space probes, as we could have done to Mars?

Of course being more of believer in creationism, I believe that God created the universe. But it's something to think about.

Last edited:

We'd have to know why Venus is the way it is today first ... there's very little evidence of any kind about Venus ... one apparent fact we do have is that it appears there's not a single crater on Venus older than a half billion years ... as though the entire surface was melted and re-solidified ... we may never understand Venus' history before then ...

Doesnt have a large moon ,magnetic field ,and turns slower than its orbit around the sun ....they think due to a large body smoking into it at one point in time

We're tweaking nothing on earth ...take a breath most of the world is shut down and the skys are clear in asia and europe

Well I made a list of examples for earth - I intended to start a separate thread on the fine tuning of the universe. This time I will back up my list - I will have to post a separate list, which I will number differently. Depending on responses, I will detail the different examples in the list.

1. The fact that earth's vast primordial CO2 (carbon dioxide) atmosphere was mostly removed by the geologic carbon cycle. The above chart shows over 60 million petagrams. I think this is similar to the CO2 atmosphere (in petagrams) over the planet Venus at this time. The comparison of the carbonates on Venus that were vaporized to become atmospheric CO2 compared with the carbonates on earth that were removed from the atmosphere is an example of complex fine tuning so that we have the atmosphere life as we know on earth's surface needs to not only survive, but enjoy breathing (but beware of the Corona/Covid-19 virus).

1A - Most chemical evolutionists ignore the evidence of earth's crustal carbonates and the geologic carbon cycle. One example is that earth's primordial oceans needed to have more than carbonate (CO3) and bicarbonate (HCO3) ions. These primordial waters had to have 'metal' ions of Potassium (K), Sodium (Na) and Calcium (Ca). The simple fact is that these ions would chemically react with organic molecules early in the chemical pathways to life and make such pathways to life impossible without a powerful and intelligent chemist. [Note - high speed fine tuning would be required because some of the molecules needed for life have a short life span. Somehow all the required molecules would have to be in the same place at the same time - this is even more amazing when we realize certain amino acids prefer wet, others dry, some acid, others alkaline, some hot, others cold for synthesis of significant chemical reaction product proportions.]]

Concerning Venus and Earth carbonates and CO2 (carbon dioxide):

Excerpt:

"In fact, the modern state of Venus (a hot planet with about 90 Earth atmospheres of CO2) can be described as a “post-runaway phase” arising because Venus lost nearly all of its water. On Earth, most of the oxidized carbon is in carbonate rocks, which form in the presence of surface liquid water. Indeed, this is the long term sink of carbon in Earth’s atmosphere, and the eventual (hundreds of thousands of years from now) removal mechanism for the excess anthropogenic CO2. However, these carbonates cannot be deposited on Venus. Instead, with no carbon sink,Venus contains a comparable amount of carbon as Earth does, except it is in the atmosphere rather than locked up in carbonate rocks."

So, as I posted, Venus and Earth had a similar amount of Carbon but on Venus carbonates were vaporized to become atmospheric CO2 (which resulting greenhouse effect made Venus even hotter - a vicious feedback process.) Yet earth was fine tuned to have exactly the opposite effect! Earth's CO2 was removed by the geologic carbon cycle, which the above link confirms required surface liquid water (and a very long time).

What a gift of love Earth is for us! Sadly, man is destroying it - but our Creator will soon destroy those destroying the earth. (Revelation 11:18) We are very near, or even passed, the tipping point.

On the lighter side, the remake of the movie "The day the earth stood still" refers to this tipping point as reason for saving earth from mankind. (not for mankind as 'Helen' [Jennifer Connely] assumed].

NOTE - I may be wrong on one point. The CO2 on Venus may already have been there - Venus may have had very little carbonates in its crust to start with.

Doesnt have a large moon ,magnetic field ,and turns slower than its orbit around the sun ....they think due to a large body smoking into it at one point in time

We're tweaking nothing on earth ...take a breath most of the world is shut down and the skys are clear in asia and europe

Indeed, earth's moon, magnetic field, rotation speed and orbit are also fine tuned - that is for future posts.

But I can surmise why the earth hasn't ended up like Venus: The planet's orbitations are slowly being drawn closer to the sun, because of the sun's gravitational pull. At some point eons ago, Venus would have been in the same proximity to the sun as the Earth is now, and Earth would have been located where Mars is.

Which brings up another question: If Venus was is the "perfect" position in relation to the sun as we are here, would there have been life? And will there be life on Mars at some point eons from now, when the Earth's orbit has been pulled closer to the sun, and Mars has moved to our proximity to the sun?

Another thing to think about: When we sent the Mars Rover to the planet, did some single-cell forms of life manage to hitchhike a ride from here to Mars, embedded in some tiny crack in the Mars Rover? And if so, have those life forms thrived?

And if one believes in Darwinism and if it did thrive, will it evolve to become sentinent beings by the time the Earth is pulled closer to the sun, and Mars is where our orbit is?

Which brings another question: If there was the possibility of life on Venus at one time, did they accidentally transfer one-celled life forms to Earth with their space probes, as we could have done to Mars?

Of course being more of believer in creationism, I believe that God created the universe. But it's something to think about.

The fact remains that Venus' CO2 stayed in (or returned to) the atmosphere while on earth it was deposited in earth's crustal carbonates.

Can you link to the theory that Venus was once in earth's orbital position - c. 93 million miles from the sun?

2. The most abundant element in earth's crust is Oxygen. This is in conflict with chemical evolutionists model of early earth's atmosphere having zero Oxygen. How were earth's crustal minerals oxidized if there was no Oxygen in the atmosphere?

2. A. The photolysis/photodissociation of water by UV (solar) radiation would have caused a small percentage of early earth's atmosphere to contain Oxygen which would tend to be retained while the Hydrogen produced in this way would tend to escape into space because the atomic weight of Oxygen is much greater than Hydrogen. Chemical evolutionists usually assume UV radiation and the presence of water (H2O) and zero Oxygen. This is impossible. However, Genesis 1:2 indicates earth's earliest primordial waters were in darkness - hence no UV radiation on the surface but only in high elevations where UV radiation penetrated.

[Note: the very fact that carbon, likely in earths accretion envelope (in harmony with Genesis 1), is oxidized as CO2 - 2 atoms of Oxygen per one atom of Carbon - also indicates early presence of Oxygen]

A tangent would be whether some coal was not chiral/polarized (left handed = L) and therefore not deposited by life.

You all - I will be mostly offline until Monday as my wife will be off from her work in bakery which is considered essential during the current pandemic.

On the lighter side:

I making bread she is making bread!

Last edited:

One of the examples involves the geologic carbon cycle including a Britannica article on the evolution of earth's atmosphere which quantified the amount of CO2 now trapped in earth's carbonates. Reposting the article link:

The chart:

"Carbon in Earth's crust
form
total amount (Pg* C)
*One Pg (abbreviation for petagram) equals one quadrillion (1015) grams. Entries refer to amounts of carbon.

total biomass
organic carbon in soils
The table also emphasizes the dissolution of atmospheric gases by the ocean. The carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is in equilibrium with, and far less abundant than, the oceanic inventory of carbon dioxide, bicarbonate ions (HCO3−),"

Notice that most carbon in earth's crust is in the form of carbonates like limestone.

So - why didn't earth end up like Venus?”

You do know that Venus is unlike the earth with respect to size, distance from the sun, rotational speed, right?

The chart:

"Carbon in Earth's crust
form
total amount (Pg* C)

total biomass
organic carbon in soils

So - why didn't earth end up like Venus?”

You do know that Venus is unlike the earth with respect to size, distance from the sun, rotational speed, right?
And therefore what? Why is earth's primordial CO2 atmosphere locked up in crustal carbonates while Venus has about the same carbon content but in its CO2 atmosphere?

And why do you continue to ignore the evidence I posted in point 1? Do you think Britannica is mistaken?

While earth's distance from the sun is another point (not actually fine tuned since we could have been thousands of miles closer or further and be in the 'habitable zone)- this is hot the crucial reason
why earth's primordial CO2 atmosphere ended up in earth's crust in contrast to what happened on Venus.

But good points to think about - thank you for your input.

Yes, air pollution has decreased but at a high cost!

But why does earth have a protective magnetic field while Venus does not? That would be another point on my list - but since you brought it up:

Northern lights
Aurora Borealis Northern Lights. (Photo Credit : Pixabay)
The splendid display is actually a result of extremely harmful cosmic rays blurted out by the Sun interacting with the Earth’s magnetic field. If this field did not exist, the ozone layer would have been burnt to shreds and we would have been mercilessly fried. This is what happened with Mars when its magnetic field gradually dwindled and expired. So, what causes this magnetic field?"

And this example of fine tuning adds that beautiful result. Have you ever seen the Northern LIghts?

While earth's distance from the sun is another point (not actually fine tuned since we could have been thousands of miles closer or further and be in the 'habitable zone)- this is hot the crucial reason
why earth's primordial CO2 atmosphere ended up in earth's crust in contrast to what happened on Venus.

The planets distance from the sun (within a habitable zone) is an example of the really silly fudge factors used by creationists in an attempt to support the falsely labeled “fine tuning” slogan.

Without exception, fine tuning means “kinda’, sorta’, pretty close but could be bigger, smaller, left or right from where it is.”

The planets distance from the sun (within a habitable zone) is an example of the really silly fudge factors used by creationists in an attempt to support the falsely labeled “fine tuning” slogan.

Without exception, fine tuning means “kinda’, sorta’, pretty close but could be bigger, smaller, left or right from where it is.”

Point #1 is not earth's distance from the sun. Try again.

Forum List

Back