Can any real change come about?

shepherdboy

Jan 26, 2006
The occupied zone(CA.)
I often wonder if anyone or any political party can bring change to the average American. I am paying $3.50 a gallon at the pump. I have seen so many U.S. jobs go over sea's. The housing market is way over priced. Nobody seriously wants to stop the flow of illegal immigration. My taxes are eating my pay check alive. My medical coverage for my family just went to $948.10 monthly.(Thats not counting dental and vision-add another $200 for that) Our local streets and freeways are in desperate repair. The public educational system is a joke. (No voucher option and cant afford to go private or home school) Lobbyist and special interest groups seem to control most politicians. Where are term limits? Does the average American even care enough to force change? Or is he or she so busy just trying to make ends meet and is so distracted by this eye candy world?

THERE IS ONE HOPE

Ron Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaMain article: Political positions of Ron Paul. Paul's nickname "Dr. No" [35] reflects both his medical degree and his consistent insistence [113] that he ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul - 270k -

Paul's nickname "Dr. No"[35] reflects both his medical degree and his consistent insistence[113] that he will "never vote for legislation unless the proposed measure is expressly authorized by the Constitution."[34][114] Paul adheres deeply to Austrian school economics and libertarian criticism of fractional-reserve banking, opposing fiat increases to money in circulation;[38] he has authored six books on the subjects, and has pictures of classical liberal economists Friedrich Hayek, Murray Rothbard, and Ludwig von Mises hanging on his office wall.[22][115]

Paul at the 2007 National Right to Life Convention in Kansas City, Missouri, June 15, 2007The only candidate to earn an A+ rating from Gun Owners of America, Paul has been a lead sponsor of legislation in congress attempting to restore individual Second Amendment rights.

Ron Paul does not accept Corporate Donations!

If You are sending a Corporate Donation it will be declined and Ron Paul does not get Government matching political funds a man of Honor does not need them. Ron Paul can not be bought!

Ron Paul is a very humble man and will not brag about how he raised the $6 million this quarter. he does not accept donations from corporations. Did you get that?

I often wonder if anyone or any political party can bring change to the average American. I am paying $3.50 a gallon at the pump. I have seen so many U.S. jobs go over sea's. The housing market is way over priced. Nobody seriously wants to stop the flow of illegal immigration. My taxes are eating my pay check alive. My medical coverage for my family just went to $948.10 monthly.(Thats not counting dental and vision-add another $200 for that) Our local streets and freeways are in desperate repair. The public educational system is a joke. (No voucher option and cant afford to go private or home school) Lobbyist and special interest groups seem to control most politicians. Where are term limits? Does the average American even care enough to force change? Or is he or she so busy just trying to make ends meet and is so distracted by this eye candy world?

No change. One all the never-to-be-fulfilled promises smokescreens are done and the dust settles from the election, it will be back to business as usual. Whoever is President will make some half-hearted attempt to fulfill one or two promises and then blame Congress when they fail.

The two parties really are not all that different and both have one common goal ... perpuation of the bureaucracy. The effort that would be required to overthrow the status quo appears to above and beyond the willingness and efforts of the American people as a whole.

I do not agree. If the people ever wake up things can happen. But it will take the will of the people to throw out everyone that won't do what they are sent to DC to do.

If your religious you may want to just wait, some believe that all of man's Governments are controlled in one way or another by Satan, he is after all the ruler of this planet. In that case nothing will help. Personally I do not buy that man can not fix it if man decides to.

THERE IS ONE HOPE

While many of you think it's all about who's in the White House they forget that there are 3 branches in charge of all the choices. It takes more than just the WH. It takes having the House too. It may even take having the Supreme Court to make real change that can't be undone if they can even get passed.

BTW I will not back Ron Paul. I do not support pulling of our troops.

satan.jpg

No Child Left Behind
Airport Security
Afghanistan
Iraq
2 Conservative Appointees to the Supreme Court
Tax cuts
etc....

All in seven years. I can't see how anyone can say that a Party or a Presidency can't change things.

WOW! Your country sounds stuffed mate! Time to immigrate??

Interesting post. Two comments, is that so bad? and if it is so bad how do we change it. I am thinking empathy here, how many would love to be us. I was riding up the block earlier today and bunch of Mexicans where resting after doing lawn work. Imagine their life. Or the life of most in Africa. But hey that is only Sunday sermon talk...

I think we Americans tend to complain when we actually have things quite good and it wouldn't take a heck of a lot to improve them more. Universal health care is essential as it frees us and business to be more flexible. And why not start to boycott companies that send jobs overseas? Lost of things can be done if we have the will but many work long hours and complain while those on the top get richer...

Forum List

Back