California makes first year of community college free

Finally, America will fill the huge shortage in the job market for English Lit majors.

When I was in high school, senior year, in New Jersey, a friend chose to go to college in California because it was free or near free for residents....his first semester he paid out of state tuition prices but the next 3 years as a resident it was free or nearly free tuition....then he went to graduate school, became an architect, and never moved back to NJ.

So for a while, a few decades ago, all 4 years was nearly free, of college tuition for residents in California....So I am not certain why this 1 year of Community college is something special for Calif?

When I was in high school, senior year, in New Jersey, a friend chose to go to college in California because it was free or near free for residents....his first semester he paid out of state tuition prices but the next 3 years as a resident it was free or nearly free tuition....then he went to graduate school, became an architect, and never moved back to NJ.

So for a while, a few decades ago, all 4 years was nearly free, of college tuition for residents in California....So I am not certain why this 1 year of Community college is something special for Calif?
Funny innit? My niece just got her MSN and she owes them 100 grand.

That's just outrageous!!!! Highway robbery!!!!

`
`

While I am impressed with the public UW (University of Wisconsin) system, I got my degree at a private university. It all depends on what you are after.

It will give Antifa and BLM members something to do when not rioting and looting. ..... :cool:

excellent idea-----SOMETHING TO DO-------the romans had the right idea------BIG TIME CELEBRATIONS IN THE COLESSEUM. If we start LEGAL murder games----
then massacres in nite-clubs will no longer be needed

That's just outrageous!!!! Highway robbery!!!!
Yes and it's in California. Too bad she isn't an illegal.

The poor already get free college through pell grants, if not other means.
I had a scholarship for tuition ----way back. You still have to buy books---and pay for a place to live and--EAT------lots of
people have tuition scholarships

Back in the 1960's the UC system was very cheap. My brother in law came to California to study and got degrees in math and sciences. He stayed in California and made much dinero, paid mucho taxes. That was one of the selling points of low tuition plus it's nice to have an educated populace.

Everyone deserves a free house too. Anyone who disagrees is a BIGOT!

Forum List

Back