California grandmother made dummy bomb

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
California grandmother made dummy bomb that led to international terror alert

Calif. granny made dummy bomb in terror scare - World news - Africa - msnbc.com
NBC News and news services

A dummy bomb that sparked an international terror alert was made by an 80-year-old grandmother in California and ended up discarded in an Namibia airport because of "a boo boo," NBC News reported Friday.

The device — part of a "modular bomb set" or MBS, which is used for x-ray and physical/bag search training — was manufactured by a "mom and pop" machine shop in Sonora called Larry Copello Inc. four to five years ago.

The owner, Larry Copello, told NBC News that his then-80-year-old grandmother had completed it, doing the wiring and fitting Velcro attachments.

The device was found at Windhoek airport by Namibian police in routine security checks during loading ahead of an Air Berlin tourist flight to Munich, Namibian and German authorities said Thursday.

Germany has been in a heightened state of alert this week with warning of a possible terrorist attack.

Story: Suspicious bag delays Germany-bound flight
Coppello told NBC News that he had no doubt that "someone made a boo boo."

The device was not functional, completely inert and unable even make a spark, he added.

Copello confirmed he was visited by U.S. law enforcement Wednesday, quite soon after the device was discovered.

Granny says; Don't touch my junk bro or;

:blowup:

Forum List

Back