Cakes, Fakes & Counter-Quakes; Do The Kleins Have A Countersuit Against The Lesbians?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Silhouette, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Checkerboard Strangler

Checkerboard Strangler Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Helen Keller actually fell in love with reporter Peter Fagan, who became her companion-helper after Anne Sullivan was unable to continue on as her guide due to her own health issues. She wanted to marry him.
    Her father explored all avenues in his attempts to break the marriage plans, including a plan to leverage Alabama law, which at the time included a prohibition against "marriage to imbeciles".
    Turns out all he needed to do was something along the lines of showing Mr. Fagan his shotgun, according to historical accounts, but nevertheless, Captain Keller was prepared to use a corner of some little known discrimination statutes to insert his moral views on a female adult who was perfectly capable of deciding if she was in love and wanted to marry. As it stood in those day, just being FEMALE, and his daughter, no matter what age, was all he needed anyway.

Extrapolate that to a ruling where disabled people are not allowed to marry due to falling under a wide interpretation of a "deeply held religious belief" that disabled people meet the criteria for classification as "imbeciles", which is how most disabled people were treated for centuries, in this and many other countries.

Congratulations, you've just outlawed my own marriage to my 100% service connected disabled Navy veteran wife.

<Karen>

Yeah, I think this whole "deeply held religious belief" platform for discrimination has already been played a bridge too far, just as its not so distant cousin, the "miscegenation clause" was also played a bridge too far for well over a century.

The problem with so called "deeply held religious beliefs" is that they can be Humpty Dumpty'ed into including pretty any goddam thing some preacher wants it to include.
    It's a one-size-fits-all cure-all for wiping out democracy and public accommodation, and anyone who pretends that the potential for abuse isn't on an epidemic level is not only a liar, they're also a theocratic liar, the polite term for which is "apologist".
    Theocracy is 100% incompatible with democracy.
    So just own up to it and admit you hate democracy altogether.
    You're still despicable and unfit to hold citizenship in a democracy, but at least people will respect the fact that you have the balls to clearly state your agenda...which to learned people is already ridiculously obvious.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Pop23

Pop23 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,036
    Deflection

The church gives forgiveness to those who ask for it.

So, if Donald walked into this Bakers business and said “ I want a wedding cake so that I can cheat on my new wife”, I would think the baker should be well within his right to deny the product.

3. Pop23

Pop23 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,036
    Are you GOD?

No

You sure think you are

4. Silhouette

Silhouette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,039
    Marrying imbeciles is not a tangent that the court will allow in this case. Probably best to defend or attack points that will be allowed.

5. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,511
    Really? frankly, I've know gay folks who didn't come out as gay until they hit their 30's... and they tried really hard to play at being straight until then.

Christians can have all the right in the world to believe whatever Bronze Age Superstitious horseshit they want... but they still have to obey the law.

Are you still trying to pass this fraud off as the "Mayo Clinic" when you got debunked on that numerous times, or did you think we'd all forget the last time you tried to pull this bullshit?

6. Silhouette

Silhouette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,039
    And Anne Heche? I'll bet you'll defend that "she was always bisexual". And necrophiliacs? I suppose they're "born that way!" too? (Not that they imprinted arousal fucking the corpses in their daddy's funeral parlor or anything...)

Look, it's behavioral and this "no it's not!" position is slipping through your fingers. You'd best try another angle because those chickens will be coming home to roost very soon.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,217
    LOL- do you think that Klein is GOD?

Since Klein sure thinks he is- when it comes to gay couples.

8. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,217
    It is behavioral like being attracted to blondes is a behavior.

9. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,217
    Well its a good thing that no one is trying to marry imbeciles then......

10. Pop23

Pop23 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,036
    No, Klein is simply going by what his church teaches.

You have yet to show that he ever supplied a cake to someone who was throwing a celebration of committing a Sin.

And you do not get to forgive sins, but the Church sure can.

Are you that stupid? ( of course you are)