$C29.99 for a 24-pack of Bottled Water!

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
lunch.jpg

And we think things are bad in our American Indian reservations!

Compare them to the indigenous people living in Canada’s Nnavut Provence.

In Nunavut, the number of children living with food insecurity — a lack of access to healthy, affordable food — went from 50 per cent in 2011, to over 70 per cent in 2015/16, according to the most recent figures available.

"It hurts to know that a child my daughter's age, who's only five, is actually hungry," Pameolik said. "It doesn't feel like we're a part of Canada."

Jones also acknowledges Nutrition North still needs work when it comes to determining which products to subsidize.

"People who live in the North [aren't] going to eat the exotic kiwi fruit, but they're going to need to have access to personal hygiene products," she said.

"It is still a problem, but it's one that's getting addressed, and I think that's the key piece right now."

For parents like Jo Ellen Pameolik, change can't come soon enough.

"These parents do absolutely anything they can so they can provide for their kids, and it hurts."

Much more @ Why millions of dollars in federal grocery subsidies haven't lessened food insecurity in the North | CBC News

lunch.jpg

And we think things are bad in our American Indian reservations!

Compare them to the indigenous people living in Canada’s Nnavut Provence.

In Nunavut, the number of children living with food insecurity — a lack of access to healthy, affordable food — went from 50 per cent in 2011, to over 70 per cent in 2015/16, according to the most recent figures available.

"It hurts to know that a child my daughter's age, who's only five, is actually hungry," Pameolik said. "It doesn't feel like we're a part of Canada."

Jones also acknowledges Nutrition North still needs work when it comes to determining which products to subsidize.

"People who live in the North [aren't] going to eat the exotic kiwi fruit, but they're going to need to have access to personal hygiene products," she said.

"It is still a problem, but it's one that's getting addressed, and I think that's the key piece right now."

For parents like Jo Ellen Pameolik, change can't come soon enough.

"These parents do absolutely anything they can so they can provide for their kids, and it hurts."

Much more @ Why millions of dollars in federal grocery subsidies haven't lessened food insecurity in the North | CBC News

Yes, our historic treatment of Natives is known around the world as vile. These types of realities aren't well known among most people, but, it resonates in regards to the character of our system of government.

Some of the problems are due to their own leadership, as they are self governed. However, the Canadian government hasn't done it's part to assist as they should. You go back a few decade and children were taken from families and raised to be "Canadian".

When guys like me tell you what I and others have experienced, you need not look far to understand the reality of excessive civil liberty abuses in this country.

Forum List

Back