Buying Health Care Votes?

hjmick

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2007
Charleston, SC
Obama Now Selling Judgeships for Health Care Votes?
Obama names brother of undecided House Dem to Appeals Court.
BY John McCormack
March 3, 2010 6:15 PM

Tonight, Barack Obama will host ten House Democrats who voted against the health care bill in November at the White House; he's obviously trying to persuade them to switch their votes to yes. One of the ten is Jim Matheson of Utah. The White House just sent out a press release announcing that today President Obama nominated Matheson's brother Scott M. Matheson, Jr. to the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.

“Scott Matheson is a distinguished candidate for the Tenth Circuit court,” President Obama said. “Both his legal and academic credentials are impressive and his commitment to judicial integrity is unwavering. I am honored to nominate this lifelong Utahn to the federal bench.”

Scott M. Matheson, Jr.: Nominee for the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit

Scott M. Matheson currently holds the Hugh B. Brown Presidential Endowed Chair at the S.J. Quinney College of Law, University of Utah, where he has been a member of the faculty since 1985. He served as Dean of the Law School from 1998 to 2006. He also taught First Amendment Law at Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government from 1989 to 1990.

While on public service leave from the University of Utah from 1993 to 1997, Matheson served as United States Attorney for the District of Utah. In 2007, he was appointed by Governor Jon Huntsman to chair the Utah Mine Safety Commission. He also worked as a Deputy County Attorney for Salt Lake County from 1988 to 1989. Prior to joining the University faculty, Matheson was an associate attorney from 1981 to 1985 at Williams & Connolly LLP in Washington, D.C...

Consider Congressman Matheson's record on the health care bill. He voted against the bill in the Energy and Commerce Committee back in July and again when it passed the House in November. But now he's "undecided" on ramming the bill through Congress. "The Congressman is looking for development of bipartisan consensus," Matheson's press secretary Alyson Heyrend wrote to THE WEEKLY STANDARD on February 22...

The timing of this nomination looks suspicious, especially in light Democratic Congressman Joe Sestak's claim that he was offered a federal job not to run against Arlen Specter in the Pennsylvania primary. Many speculated that Sestak, a former admiral, was offered the Secretary of the Navy job.

Obama Now Selling Judgeships for Health Care Votes? | The Weekly Standard

I do not question Scott Matheson's bonafides, he's more than qualified for the job. But, as the article states, the timing is at best suspect, especially when you consider his brother's votes on HC. Appearances being what they are, this could prove to be a bit of a sticky wicket for brother Jim.

I want Obama impeached, thrown out of Office and placed into a jail cell at Leavenworth Federal Penitentiary.

You have to be a Criminal to be impeached. Your politically mislead disagreement with Obama's existence and personal conflicts with him mean nothing.

I want Obama impeached, thrown out of Office and placed into a jail cell at Leavenworth Federal Penitentiary.

Alright alright... I hate Obamas policies as well... but lets stay reasonable.
People...Obama is fundamentally transforming America as we sit here. Look at the extent he will go with health care. It doesn't matter to him and his evil partners that this legislation is tearing the country apart. If we don't break out into Civil War by the end of his term, I will be surprised.

Alright alright... I hate Obamas policies as well... but lets stay reasonable.
People...Obama is fundamentally transforming America as we sit here. Look at the extent he will go with health care. It doesn't matter to him and his evil partners that this legislation is tearing the country apart. If we don't break out into Civil War by the end of his term, I will be surprised.

In my memory, modern America has never seen a leader such as this, with no concern for the results and dire effects of his policies.

His motto must be "Après moi le Déluge."

the sad but solid truth is that politics is a dirty, dirty game and this is a dirty situation. What's so disappointing to me is that it is so blatantly out in the open. The transparency that we were promised is coming from the wrong side. The slight of hand and under the table dealings are basically being done right before our very eyes...under our noses. It's as if it's a game to him and he's loving every bit of it. Laughing himself to sleep at night. Unfortunately, we can't impeach him for working the system to his advantage.

This healthcare situation has been spun so badly that I can guarantee you somewhere some poor soul thinks a communist revolution is occurring.

Obama Now Selling Judgeships for Health Care Votes?
Obama names brother of undecided House Dem to Appeals Court.
BY John McCormack
March 3, 2010 6:15 PM

Tonight, Barack Obama will host ten House Democrats who voted against the health care bill in November at the White House; he's obviously trying to persuade them to switch their votes to yes. One of the ten is Jim Matheson of Utah. The White House just sent out a press release announcing that today President Obama nominated Matheson's brother Scott M. Matheson, Jr. to the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.

“Scott Matheson is a distinguished candidate for the Tenth Circuit court,” President Obama said. “Both his legal and academic credentials are impressive and his commitment to judicial integrity is unwavering. I am honored to nominate this lifelong Utahn to the federal bench.”

Scott M. Matheson, Jr.: Nominee for the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit

Scott M. Matheson currently holds the Hugh B. Brown Presidential Endowed Chair at the S.J. Quinney College of Law, University of Utah, where he has been a member of the faculty since 1985. He served as Dean of the Law School from 1998 to 2006. He also taught First Amendment Law at Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government from 1989 to 1990.

While on public service leave from the University of Utah from 1993 to 1997, Matheson served as United States Attorney for the District of Utah. In 2007, he was appointed by Governor Jon Huntsman to chair the Utah Mine Safety Commission. He also worked as a Deputy County Attorney for Salt Lake County from 1988 to 1989. Prior to joining the University faculty, Matheson was an associate attorney from 1981 to 1985 at Williams & Connolly LLP in Washington, D.C...

Consider Congressman Matheson's record on the health care bill. He voted against the bill in the Energy and Commerce Committee back in July and again when it passed the House in November. But now he's "undecided" on ramming the bill through Congress. "The Congressman is looking for development of bipartisan consensus," Matheson's press secretary Alyson Heyrend wrote to THE WEEKLY STANDARD on February 22...

The timing of this nomination looks suspicious, especially in light Democratic Congressman Joe Sestak's claim that he was offered a federal job not to run against Arlen Specter in the Pennsylvania primary. Many speculated that Sestak, a former admiral, was offered the Secretary of the Navy job.

I do not question Scott Matheson's bonafides, he's more than qualified for the job. But, as the article states, the timing is at best suspect, especially when you consider his brother's votes on HC. Appearances being what they are, this could prove to be a bit of a sticky wicket for brother Jim.

Of course it has to be Weekly Standard that does the Job of "the People", and not say... The Associated Press.

Classic.

If they could Obama's Cock out of their Mouths long enough, they would see that he's Raping the VERY thing that Affords them their 1st Amendment Rights...

:)

peace...

I'm not sure this is really true. Scott Matheson is a white male. Owe Bama would never nonimate a white male for such a lofty position (unless, of course, he was a secret member of ACORN).:lol:

Last edited:
This is clearly against the law and is corruption at its finest. Legal proceedings should begin. The MSM again is not reporting this when they should be investigating this communist activities in the White House. Again this is Chicago Thug political tactics.

Quote:
[Tonight, Barack Obama will host ten House Democrats who voted against the health care bill in November at the White House; he's obviously trying to persuade them to switch their votes to yes. One of the ten is Jim Matheson of Utah. The White House just sent out a press release that President Obama nominated Matheson's brother, Scott M. Matheson, Jr. to the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.]

merged

You have to be a Criminal to be impeached. Your politically mislead disagreement with Obama's existence and personal conflicts with him mean nothing.

Obama has committed a Felony! He is a Criminal. Where is the FBI or the US Attorney not going to go get and bring home the Criminal! Obama broke the Logan Act found in 1 Stat. 613, January 30, 1799, codified at 18 U.S.C. § 953 (2004).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back