Business Leaders and Chamber of Commerce push immigration reform

R

rdean

GOP Honchos Want Immigration Reform

But indeed, in the talk radio and blogging communities that hold so much sway in the contemporary GOP, the immigration reform bill before Congress is mostly unpopular. Party elders' arguments in favor of immigration reform have done little to silence conservative critics of immigration reform.

The American Opportunity

SACRAMENTO, CA — Immigration reform is especially important to California, says Allan Zaremberg, President and CEO of the California Chamber of Commerce, in a letter sent today to members of Congress urging action on national immigration reform. More than 20 local chamber of commerce executives from throughout California also joined a growing coalition who signed the letter.

State civic, business leaders push immigration reform | Nashville City Paper

State business and civic leaders spoke out Thursday at the Tennessee Chamber of Commerce to express statewide support for immigration reform.

Their message? The state both wants and needs reform.

-------------------------------------------------------

Remember during the election, the Chamber of Commerce gave to the GOP 10 to 1 over Democrats? Remember how much money business poured into the election? They figured they had the white vote sewn up and could easily replace uneducated Republicans with immigrants. Oops! Suddenly Republicans are seeing what I've been telling them since before the election. Their leadership is using them. Hurts huh?

Do Republicans remember voting for a man who ran on bringing immigrants with degrees here and cutting education in this country?

Do Republicans remember voting for a man who ran on bringing immigrants with degrees here and cutting education in this country?

you mean like Gov. Brown did out here?.....

I'm sorry, I didn't realize Governor Brown was running for president. How many votes did he get.

Funny, there are parallels. A Republican governor handed a devastated state economy over to a Democratic governor. A Republican president handed a devastated national economy over to a Democratic President. And Republicans blame both economies on Democrats. Hilarious isn't it?

I'm sorry, I didn't realize Governor Brown was running for president. How many votes did he get.

Funny, there are parallels. A Republican governor handed a devastated state economy over to a Democratic governor. A Republican president handed a devastated national economy over to a Democratic President. And Republicans blame both economies on Democrats. Hilarious isn't it?
Dean you say you do research.....you do realize that when that nasty Rep. Gov Pete Wilson left after his 8 years this State had a 13 Billion Dollar Surplus.....enter the Democrat Grey Davis.....State goes down hill and the guy is so fucked he gets recalled....enter Arnold, the Liberal Republican (something you say does not exist) who inherits Davis's mess.....hilarious isnt it?.....

Dean you say you do research.....you do realize that when that nasty Rep. Gov Pete Wilson left after his 8 years this State had a 13 Billion Dollar Surplus.....enter the Democrat Grey Davis.....State goes down hill and the guy is so fucked he gets recalled....enter Arnold, the Liberal Republican (something you say does not exist) who inherits Davis's mess.....hilarious isnt it?.....

Like what Bush inherited from Clinton?

Now this is hilarious. I lived in California when Reagan was governor. Just before left, he ushered in the biggest tax increase in the history of the state so he could say he balanced the budget when he ran for president. In fact, the state had so much money from Reagan's taxes, they passed Proposition 8, which at the time, returned the money back to the taxpayers. Republicans don't care about what they do to the country. It's all about winning elections and being in power. The party is 90% white and votes white. Democrats actually have to do things for their constituents. Mostly non racist whites and all the minorities.

Now this is hilarious. I lived in California when Reagan was governor. Just before left, he ushered in the biggest tax increase in the history of the state so he could say he balanced the budget when he ran for president. In fact, the state had so much money from Reagan's taxes, they passed Proposition 8, which at the time, returned the money back to the taxpayers. Republicans don't care about what they do to the country. It's all about winning elections and being in power. The party is 90% white and votes white. Democrats actually have to do things for their constituents. Mostly non racist whites and all the minorities.

yea.....so i guess it works both ways....

In fact, the state had so much money from Reagan's taxes, they passed Proposition 8, which at the time, returned the money back to the taxpayers

and he gave money back 4 times not once....

Democrats actually have to do things for their constituents

4 TIMES....is that doing something for his Constituents or what?.......

Floods of Illegal Alien workers do exactly what they're designed to do: Drive down wages and bankrupt society.

All good Fascists are for Immigration Reform.

Floods of Illegal Alien workers do exactly what they're designed to do: Drive down wages and bankrupt society.

All good Fascists are for Immigration Reform.

What jobs? All the unskilled labor jobs were moved to China from 2001 to 2008. Why do you think Romney wanted to bring in immigrants with degrees? Republicans aren't qualified for those jobs. They don't believe in education. Those immigrants competition will be Democrats.

But indeed, in the talk radio and blogging communities that hold so much sway in the contemporary GOP, the immigration reform bill before Congress is mostly unpopular. Party elders' arguments in favor of immigration reform have done little to silence conservative critics of immigration reform.

The American Opportunity

SACRAMENTO, CA — Immigration reform is especially important to California, says Allan Zaremberg, President and CEO of the California Chamber of Commerce, in a letter sent today to members of Congress urging action on national immigration reform. More than 20 local chamber of commerce executives from throughout California also joined a growing coalition who signed the letter.

State business and civic leaders spoke out Thursday at the Tennessee Chamber of Commerce to express statewide support for immigration reform.

Remember during the election, the Chamber of Commerce gave to the GOP 10 to 1 over Democrats? Remember how much money business poured into the election? They figured they had the white vote sewn up and could easily replace uneducated Republicans with immigrants. Oops! Suddenly Republicans are seeing what I've been telling them since before the election. Their leadership is using them. Hurts huh?

Everybody pretty much agrees that reform is needed.

We just need to find common ground on what constitutes "reform"

The American Opportunity

Everybody pretty much agrees that reform is needed.

We just need to find common ground on what constitutes "reform"

The real fight is between the GOP base and their leadership. The leadership wants to bring in immigrants with degrees because they know the base isn't qualified. The base doesn't believe you need education to hold down a job.

Both are right. The GOP base isn't qualified for skilled labor. The base is right, you don't need an education to hold down a job. The question is "what kind of a job?"

Forum List

Back