Business groups dare Obama to limit pay for union bosses

I didn't know union bosses lead companies that failed, which were then bailed out with the boss receiving tens of millions of dollars.

Oh wait. They didn't. Hence the discrepancy.

?

Boob was going on about how the hateful rhetoric of the right was what leads to assassination....
But I know this much: you don't want to piss off the unions. And unions are Democratic animals.

I didn't know union bosses lead companies that failed, which were then bailed out with the boss receiving tens of millions of dollars.

unions did not get bailouts...you're making a strawman with meadowmuffin "straw"....

you're obviously clueless about what has been happening. you're also clueless as to WHY obama and bush wanted the bailouts....to protect the WORKERS...their pension, pay etc....and the WORKERS as you know give money to and support the unions. without the bailouts, the unions would be squat. the unions failed to help the company be more profitable, so yes, they did facilitate the downfall of the companies....

unions did not get bailouts...you're making a strawman with meadowmuffin "straw"....

you're obviously clueless about what has been happening. you're also clueless as to WHY obama and bush wanted the bailouts....to protect the WORKERS...their pension, pay etc....and the WORKERS as you know give money to and support the unions. without the bailouts, the unions would be squat. the unions failed to help the company be more profitable, so yes, they did facilitate the downfall of the companies....

Unions aren't supposed to make the company more profitable, they are supposed to give the workers some voice in the company.

Besides that, this is just a whole bunch of bullshit babble. The original point was daring Obama to limit union bosses compensation. I was explaining the difference between them and CEO's. Do you get the difference, or do I need to explain basic facts of life to you as well?

Unions aren't supposed to make the company more profitable, they are supposed to give the workers some voice in the company.

Besides that, this is just a whole bunch of bullshit babble. The original point was daring Obama to limit union bosses compensation. I was explaining the difference between them and CEO's. Do you get the difference, or do I need to explain basic facts of life to you as well?

why should they NOT have limits? they RECIEVED help from the bailouts as well...do you need me to draw you a picture.

But now the UAW owns a huge stake in Government Motors, but you say unions aren't for making companies profitable

Now doesn't that put the UAW in a pickle. they own a company and by your definition don't care if the company turns a profit as long as its members keep getting higher and higher salaries.

And if you don't call the US government giving nearly 20 percent ownership of GM to the union a bail out, what exactly do you call it?

Last edited:

why should they NOT have limits? they RECIEVED help from the bailouts as well...do you need me to draw you a picture.

Compare Union boss salaries with CEO salaries for me, bucko.

IOW....you're now backing out of why the union bosses should not also be held accountable....that was easy

But now the UAW owns a huge stake in Government Motors, but you say unions aren't for making companies profitable

Now doesn't that put the UAW in a pickle. they own a company and by your definition don't care if the company turns a prifit as long as its members keep getting higher and higher salaries.

And if you don't call the US government giving nearly 20 percent ownership of GM to the union a bail out, what exactly do you call it?

nice

IOW....you're now backing out of why the union bosses should not also be held accountable....that was easy

Theres a difference between accountability and a salary cap, genius.

Now doesn't that put the UAW in a pickle. they own a company and by your definition don't care if the company turns a profit as long as its members keep getting higher and higher salaries.

That's an intriguing question, given the thread context. I'll be interested to read Nik's response.

Driver on the Phone? »
Wednesday
01Apr
GM CEO: Accountable to the President. UAW President: Accountable to NOBODY
Apr 1, 2009 at 10:40AM
After reading this report, ask yourself just one question: If the President found it necessary to fire Rick Wagoner as CEO of General Motors, why is there no similar accountability on the part of UAW President Ron Gettlefinger?

LaborPains.org » Blog Archive » UAW Financial Reports Shows Lavish Resorts and Big Salaries During 2008 Turmoil

UAW Financial Reports Shows Lavish Resorts and Big Salaries During 2008 Turmoil

Today, amidst further negotiations between General Motors (GM), the United Auto Workers (UAW), and the federal government, the UAW filed its yearly financial report which shows hard times for auto workers did not translate to the UAW’s lavish expense accounts and salaries.

GM CEO: Accountable to the President. UAW President: Accountable to NOBODY - Blog - Jack for Michigan

The point of unions are not to make the company profitable.

No, thats not what I said. I never said they don't care if the company turns a profit. But thats not their purpose.

What? I never referenced what was, or what wasn't, a bail out.

Driver on the Phone? »
Wednesday
01Apr
GM CEO: Accountable to the President. UAW President: Accountable to NOBODY
Apr 1, 2009 at 10:40AM
After reading this report, ask yourself just one question: If the President found it necessary to fire Rick Wagoner as CEO of General Motors, why is there no similar accountability on the part of UAW President Ron Gettlefinger?

LaborPains.org » Blog Archive » UAW Financial Reports Shows Lavish Resorts and Big Salaries During 2008 Turmoil

UAW Financial Reports Shows Lavish Resorts and Big Salaries During 2008 Turmoil

Today, amidst further negotiations between General Motors (GM), the United Auto Workers (UAW), and the federal government, the UAW filed its yearly financial report which shows hard times for auto workers did not translate to the UAW’s lavish expense accounts and salaries.

GM CEO: Accountable to the President. UAW President: Accountable to*NOBODY - Blog - Jack for Michigan

From your first link....some of them made more than $141,000!!!!!!! Wow, what a lavish and huge salary! I'm sure CEO's couldn't make much more than that!

Lets see how much Joe Cassano made. At his time at AIG, he made more than $300 million dollars. So you want to compare $141,000 to $300,000,000 and think they should be treated the same?

You are a joke. An absolute, complete joke.

hey! buddy,, we the taxpayer are now paying the union bossess wages,, we bought the car company, we employ the union bossess and we deserve to know what they make.. quit being a hypocrite!

hey! buddy,, we the taxpayer are now paying the union bossess wages,, we bought the car company, we employ the union bossess and we deserve to know what they make.. quit being a hypocrite!

Wait...do you want the government to run companies or not?

Wait...do you want the government to run companies or not?

don't matter what I want,, fact of the matter is we do.. so I want to know what the salaries are of my employees the union bossess.

Forum List

Back