Business groups dare Obama to limit pay for union bosses

hey! buddy,, we the taxpayer are now paying the union bossess wages,, we bought the car company, we employ the union bossess and we deserve to know what they make.. quit being a hypocrite!

Wait...do you want the government to run companies or not?

don't matter what I want,, fact of the matter is we do.. so I want to know what the salaries are of my employees the union bossess.

Of course you do. You don't want the government to try to run them on a hands off approach without digging into day to day details. Well, unless it will benefit you :lol:

Wait...do you want the government to run companies or not?

don't matter what I want,, fact of the matter is we do.. so I want to know what the salaries are of my employees the union bossess.

Of course you do. You don't want the government to try to run them on a hands off approach without digging into day to day details. Well, unless it will benefit you :lol:

I sure do want to know. I have a right to know..I think we pay them wayyyy to much for running a failed operation..

I sure do want to know. I have a right to know..I think we pay them wayyyy to much for running a failed operation..

The Unions don't run anything, moron.

The Unions don't run anything, moron.

They run Washington moron! :lol:

Unions aren't supposed to make the company more profitable, they are supposed to give the workers some voice in the company.

Besides that, this is just a whole bunch of bullshit babble. The original point was daring Obama to limit union bosses compensation. I was explaining the difference between them and CEO's. Do you get the difference, or do I need to explain basic facts of life to you as well?

But now the UAW owns a huge stake in Government Motors, but you say unions aren't for making companies profitable

The point of unions are not to make the company profitable.

Now doesn't that put the UAW in a pickle. they own a company and by your definition don't care if the company turns a profit as long as its members keep getting higher and higher salaries.

No, thats not what I said. I never said they don't care if the company turns a profit. But thats not their purpose.

And if you don't call the US government giving nearly 20 percent ownership of GM to the union a bail out, what exactly do you call it?

What? I never referenced what was, or what wasn't, a bail out.

But you said unions don't get bail outs, so what do you call the government giving the UAW a 20 percent ownership of a stake in a company, especially if it is not the union's purpose to make a company profitable?

Isn't it the owners of a company purpose to turn a profit???

But now the UAW owns a huge stake in Government Motors, but you say unions aren't for making companies profitable

The point of unions are not to make the company profitable.

No, thats not what I said. I never said they don't care if the company turns a profit. But thats not their purpose.

And if you don't call the US government giving nearly 20 percent ownership of GM to the union a bail out, what exactly do you call it?

What? I never referenced what was, or what wasn't, a bail out.

But you said unions don't get bail outs, so what do you call the government giving the UAW a 20 percent ownership of a stake in a company, especially if it is not the union's purpose to make a company profitable?

Isn't it the owners of a company purpose to turn a profit???

No, I did not say that Unions don't get bail outs.

Driver on the Phone? »
Wednesday
01Apr
GM CEO: Accountable to the President. UAW President: Accountable to NOBODY
Apr 1, 2009 at 10:40AM
After reading this report, ask yourself just one question: If the President found it necessary to fire Rick Wagoner as CEO of General Motors, why is there no similar accountability on the part of UAW President Ron Gettlefinger?

LaborPains.org » Blog Archive » UAW Financial Reports Shows Lavish Resorts and Big Salaries During 2008 Turmoil

UAW Financial Reports Shows Lavish Resorts and Big Salaries During 2008 Turmoil

Today, amidst further negotiations between General Motors (GM), the United Auto Workers (UAW), and the federal government, the UAW filed its yearly financial report which shows hard times for auto workers did not translate to the UAW’s lavish expense accounts and salaries.

GM CEO: Accountable to the President. UAW President: Accountable to*NOBODY - Blog - Jack for Michigan

From your first link....some of them made more than $141,000!!!!!!! Wow, what a lavish and huge salary! I'm sure CEO's couldn't make much more than that!

Lets see how much Joe Cassano made. At his time at AIG, he made more than $300 million dollars. So you want to compare $141,000 to $300,000,000 and think they should be treated the same?

You are a joke. An absolute, complete joke.

of course, you being stupid, totally missed the point.....e.g., lavish pay when unions are failing....you know, your whole point about CEO's and failing companies...and buddy boy, that was not his salary, don't intentionally mistate the facts....be honest, this is about capping salary....

Driver on the Phone? »
Wednesday
01Apr
GM CEO: Accountable to the President. UAW President: Accountable to NOBODY
Apr 1, 2009 at 10:40AM
After reading this report, ask yourself just one question: If the President found it necessary to fire Rick Wagoner as CEO of General Motors, why is there no similar accountability on the part of UAW President Ron Gettlefinger?

LaborPains.org » Blog Archive » UAW Financial Reports Shows Lavish Resorts and Big Salaries During 2008 Turmoil

UAW Financial Reports Shows Lavish Resorts and Big Salaries During 2008 Turmoil

Today, amidst further negotiations between General Motors (GM), the United Auto Workers (UAW), and the federal government, the UAW filed its yearly financial report which shows hard times for auto workers did not translate to the UAW’s lavish expense accounts and salaries.

GM CEO: Accountable to the President. UAW President: Accountable to*NOBODY - Blog - Jack for Michigan

From your first link....some of them made more than $141,000!!!!!!! Wow, what a lavish and huge salary! I'm sure CEO's couldn't make much more than that!

Lets see how much Joe Cassano made. At his time at AIG, he made more than $300 million dollars. So you want to compare $141,000 to $300,000,000 and think they should be treated the same?

of course, you being stupid, totally missed the point.....e.g., lavish pay when unions are failing....you know, your whole point about CEO's and failing companies...and buddy boy, that was not his salary, don't intentionally mistate the facts....be honest, this is about capping salary....

Thei pay is $141,000 compared with TENS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS per year!!!

If you don't get the difference between those two numbers, there is very little I can do to help you.

If you don't get the difference between those two numbers, there is very little I can do to help you.

stop comparing apples/oranges....your point is a false analogy. a red herring....the whole point about capping pay is about the companies failing, no one said boo when the companies were doing well. my analogy is spot on, your's is bullshit attempt to turn oranges into apple sauce

stop comparing apples/oranges....your point is a false analogy. a red herring....the whole point about capping pay is about the companies failing, no one said boo when the companies were doing well. my analogy is spot on, your's is bullshit attempt to turn oranges into apple sauce

There are two things to do with capping pay. One is the companies failing, another is the HUGE amount of money they are getting. A LOT of the anger over AIG/Lehman, etc, was because of the amount, not just that they were getting anything at all.

There are two things to do with capping pay. One is the companies failing, another is the HUGE amount of money they are getting. A LOT of the anger over AIG/Lehman, etc, was because of the amount, not just that they were getting anything at all.

and the democwats voted for it,, blindly voted for it! :lol::lol:

I didn't know union bosses lead companies that failed, which were then bailed out with the boss receiving tens of millions of dollars.

Oh wait. They didn't. Hence the discrepancy.

And you probably don't think the auto unions had anything to do with bankrupting GM & Chrysler either.:clap2:

These liberals really don't know that the 64 million in AIG bonuse's that everyone was so outraged about a couple of months ago was stuck in the so-called economic stimulus bill?

They don't know that another 200+ million in bonuses were also in the so-called stimulus bill that was also for bonuses at Freddie/Fannie.

So take it a little easy on them Willow--they may go into total eclipsic shock! Ha.Ha.

Voted for them making huge amoutns of money? What?

I didn't know union bosses lead companies that failed, which were then bailed out with the boss receiving tens of millions of dollars.

And you probably don't think the auto unions had anything to do with bankrupting GM & Chrysler either.:clap2:

Sure they did, any liability of the company would "have something to do" with them going bankrupt. However, the Unions didn't suddenly change in the past 10 years, and start being evil which caused GM to suddenly decline. It was because of other systemic moves by GM

Sure they did, any liability of the company would "have something to do" with them going bankrupt. However, the Unions didn't suddenly change in the past 10 years, and start being evil which caused GM to suddenly decline. It was because of other systemic moves by GM

The retirees of GM were getting a whopping 80% of their base pay & continue to do so--thanks to Barack Obama & this administration. Only now--we're paying for it. Obama cast his vote--over this bankruptsy & he voted UNION.

It's not that I don't blame management too--they could have stopped this insanity years ago & didn't. The author of this post is correct--When Obama limits the pay of Union bosse's then maybe I'll have a different opinion on this issue. Until then--I will believe him to be anti business & pro union.

Last edited:

The retirees of GM were getting a whopping 80% of their base pay & continue to do so--thanks to Barack Obama & this administration. Only now--we're paying for it. Obama cast his vote--over this bankruptsy & he voted UNION.

It's not that I don't blame management too--they could have stopped this insanity years ago & didn't.

Yeah, he voted for the people who worked for it as opposed to the bankers who tried to make money from its demise. What a terrible, terrible man.

Voted for them making huge amoutns of money? What?

Here's the answer Nick: These liberals really don't know that the 64 million in AIG bonuse's that everyone was so outraged about a couple of months ago was stuck in the so-called economic stimulus bill? Meaning taxpayer dollars for 64 million for executives at AIG were included in the so-called economic stimulus bill.

They don't know that another 200+ million in bonuses were also in the so-called stimulus bill that was also for bonuses at Freddie/Fannie. Meaning 200+ million in taxpayers dollars were included in the so-called economic stimulus bill for executive bonuses at Freddie/Fannie.

Willow--was stating that our congress & President signed off on this bill--without reading it first. Criss Dodd & Tim Geither stuck these bonuses in the bill. It's a done deal.

Forum List

Back