Bush Tax Cuts vs. Obama Stimulus

Discussion in 'Politics' started by beretta304, Sep 24, 2012.

1. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Bush tax cuts vs. Obama stimulus - Conservative News

President Barack Obama is presiding over what even CBS News admits is “the worst economic recovery America has ever had.” During this “recovery,” unemployment has been over 8 percent for 43 months in a row. The President has tried to spin his way out of these numbers, recently announcing, “Today we learned that after losing around 800,000 jobs a month when I took office, business once again added jobs for the 30th month in a row, a total of 4.6 million jobs.” While not perfect, he admits, this performance is better than what we can expect to see under President Romney, who wants to return, says Obama, to “the failed policies of the past,” that is, to “the same tax cuts and deregulation agenda that helped get us into this mess in the first place.”

BUNK.

The idea that George W. Bush was some kind of deregulator is easily debunked: as Obama himself admitted, “I have approved fewer regulations in the first three years of my presidency than my Republican predecessor did in his.”

By any metric, the Bush tax cuts were more successful than Obama’s policies have been. If anyone is pursuing “failed policies of the past,” it is Mr. Obama, stuck in the Great Society mindset, hurtling pell-mell toward the tax cliff of January 1, 2013.

While President Romney would be well advised to steer clear of the Bush administration’s overspending and over-regulation, one Bush policy he would be wise to adopt is tax cuts.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  2. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Surprised no one wants to tear into Boooooosh!

3. Luddly Neddite

Luddly Neddite Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,829
    Fiction.

Bush's TARP stimulus was not the failure rw's want to believe.

4. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    What about the Bush stimulus?

5. Black_Label

Black_Label Registered Democrat

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +514
    The source is a radical right wing propaganda site full of shit, no one is going to waste their time with this BS.