Bush tax cuts the biggest part of the deficit increase

• Banned
http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=3036

Bush Tax Cuts, War Costs Do Lasting Harm to Budget Outlook

Some commentators blame recent legislation — the stimulus bill and the financial rescues — for today’s record deficits. Yet those costs pale next to other policies enacted since 2001 that have swollen the deficit. Those other policies may be less conspicuous now, because many were enacted years ago and they have long since been absorbed into CBO’s and other organizations’ budget projections.

Just two policies dating from the Bush Administration — tax cuts and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan — accounted for over $500 billion of the deficit in 2009 and will account for almost $7 trillion in deficits in 2009 through 2019, including the associated debt-service costs. [6] (The prescription drug benefit enacted in 2003 accounts for further substantial increases in deficits and debt, which we are unable to quantify due to data limitations.) These impacts easily dwarf the stimulus and financial rescues. Furthermore, unlike those temporary costs, these inherited policies (especially the tax cuts and the drug benefit) do not fade away as the economy recovers (see Figure 1).

Without the economic downturn and the fiscal policies of the previous Administration, the budget would be roughly in balance over the next decade. That would have put the nation on a much sounder footing to address the demographic challenges and the cost pressures in health care that darken the long-run fiscal outlook

Last edited:
  • Banned
Now when will you accept the fact of what your party did to this country?

Why?????

Can someone tell me WHY?????

Why I the FUCK did I just click on a TDM fucking link?

It's like a bloody car crash......you can't help but look......you know you shouldn't.....

I......feel.........

so

ashamed.

But, ya know what?!
:D

Ya wanna know what I learned while I was there?

This >>>>>>>>>>> Updated June 28, 2010

:lmao:

The Same time You accept the Fact that Your Party has done even worse.

Epic fail. The main reason we are in this financial mess is because of W and the GOP shitheads slashing revenue, while spending like drunken idiots.

Only complete morons do that, and those morons are the GOP.

Epic fail. The main reason we are in this financial mess is because of W and the GOP shitheads slashing revenue, while spending like drunken idiots.

Guess that means it takes an even BIGGER moron to be unable to fix it
:lol:

Glad to see you admit the GOP trash caused the mess in the first place :up:

Glad to see you admit the GOP trash caused the mess in the first place :up:

Glad to see you admit Obama's a BIG moron
:thup:

I don't think Bush is President anymore.
You Libs just have to accept the fact that we have a President now who just seems
to be taking this country down the tubes.

President Obama has been President for almost 4 years.
It's his economy.
He needs to held accountable for where we are today.
I know most don't want to accept it but the sooner you do
the faster we can pull together and get this country going again...:clap2:

Forum List

Back