Bush Sign and the Oscars

CivilLiberty

Nov 13, 2004
Hollywood
Just walked down Hollywood Blvd to see the goffyness. Here's a few shots.

Here's the "Bush Sign" on Hollywood Blvd. No graffiti tonight... That dot on Bush's head is a bird, and the banner on the plane in the back ground says "Bad Actors Make Worse Governators".

attachment.php

When I first saw this sign here, I wondered why would these people place the billboard here? No one *in* the entertainment industry drives down this street... Then it occurred to me, they do on ONE night out of the year - tonight, Oscar night. Hollywood Blvd is one of the only two routes for people attending the oscars. (the other is Highland Ave).

attachment.php

However, the Hollywood route is for the "non big" people - those that drive their own cars. As you can see Hollywood Blvd is nearly empty - most arrive via the Highland route.

Note here the barricades several blocks away from the Kodak theater - cars must weave though these concrete barriers to get to the Oscars.

attachment.php

Before the barricades, cars are searched by LAPD:

attachment.php

However, all the "real" people arrive in limos on the Highland route.

attachment.php

Cheers,

Andy Somers

Attachments

• $bushsign.jpg
    $bushsign.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 126
  • $hwoodbl.jpg
    $hwoodbl.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 116
  • $Barricade.jpg
    $Barricade.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 112
  • $searching.jpg
    $searching.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 114
  • $Limo1.jpg
    $Limo1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 108
Another pic of the limos arriving.

attachment.php

And an LAPD officer next to a metal detector. However, there are no metal detectors on the other sidewalks leading to Highland...
attachment.php

Andy

Attachments

• $Limo2.jpg
    $Limo2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 109
  • $Cop.jpg
    $Cop.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 100
CL I think one of your neighbors is live-blogging the Oscars also:

http://www.rogerlsimon.com/mt-archives/2005/02/live_blogging_o.php

Okay, I'm weak. I just said I wouldn't live-blog the Oscars and here I am staring like an idiot at my new plasma screen at 4:24 in the afternoon, watching an event that is taking place literally within five minutes drive from my house at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood.... five minutes on a normal day anyway because today half the streets are tied up, making it more like fifteen... the duration of a brisk walk downhill from my house...

fuzzykitten99 said:
funny how they have metal detectors scanning gun-hating liberals. they seem to forget which side has the guns. certainly not those actually entering the theater.

That *particular* metal detector had nothing to do with the entrance to the awards show - it was for the crowds on the sidewalk.....

A

Forum List

Back