Bull fighting

I've been to one bull fight in my entire life. It was part of a tour a bunch of us sailors took when the ship pulled into Barcelona, Spain for a week. I am far from any sort of expert status on bull fighting. Just telling you what I remembered seeing. I'm willing to bet that the documentary you watched was slanted towards animal cruelity and not all of the social, financial, sports, industry and other areas that bull fighting has a link to. Personally, one bull fight per life time is enough for me. The Spanish though think it is great shit. Guess it doesn't take much to entertain some folks.

I'm just telling you.. I don't go to bullfights, and I don't go to rodeos either.

I go to a rodeo now and then just to see a bunch of horse's asses.:lol:

As for me, I do think it's cruel, which is why I don't feel sorry when people get the horns. They knew what they were signing up for.

I've been to one bull fight in my entire life. It was part of a tour a bunch of us sailors took when the ship pulled into Barcelona, Spain for a week. I am far from any sort of expert status on bull fighting. Just telling you what I remembered seeing. I'm willing to bet that the documentary you watched was slanted towards animal cruelity and not all of the social, financial, sports, industry and other areas that bull fighting has a link to. Personally, one bull fight per life time is enough for me. The Spanish though think it is great shit. Guess it doesn't take much to entertain some folks.

People can make all the "we should respect other cultures" excuses they want, bull fighting is still brutal and sadistic, no matter what spin you try to put on it.

I'm not saying that you, Drac, are trying to make excuses for it. Just that some people do, just like they try to claim dog fighting and cock fighting have some sort of redeeming social value.

People can make all the "we should respect other cultures" excuses they want, bull fighting is still brutal and sadistic, no matter what spin you try to put on it.

I'm not saying that you, Drac, are trying to make excuses for it. Just that some people do, just like they try to claim dog fighting and cock fighting have some sort of redeeming social value.

My question to you is why you insist on abandoning the values of liberalism and insisting that the government has the right to force impose moral values on those who disagree?

My question to you is why you insist on abandoning the values of liberalism and insisting that the government has the right to force impose moral values on those who disagree?
And my question to you is, why don't you think animals are entitled to government protections?

Bullfighting is like nascar. I am hoping that the idiot with the cape is going to get gored and nascar is only interesting when the cars crash.

There is a line in the movie Tequila Sunrise where Mel Gibson calls matadors pussies. I agree.

And my question to you is, why don't you think animals are entitled to government protections?

There is no bullfighting in the US. Do you think we should tell other governments how to run their countries?

There is no bullfighting in the US. Do you think we should tell other governments how to run their countries?
Yes. What is the point of keeping your mouth shut when you see an animal being tortured?

I feel more sorry for the bull but I also feel sorry for someone who kills one in such a way. I can't imagine what it does to you psychologically to participate in such a disgusting ritual.

Try and think harder WHY?

Ever stand down a bull?
No. I only stand down internet trolls.

Safety behind an avatar is very courageous indeed. Try a real life bull sometimes and you will understand.

Forum List

Back