Bull fighting

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Does it reflect poorly on my manhood that I think bull fighting is barbaric and cruel and has no place in a civilized world?

Discuss

Does it reflect poorly on my manhood that I think bull fighting is barbaric and cruel and has no place in a civilized world?

Discuss
No, it does not. Nothing could make your manhood look any less non existant than it already does, anyhow.

But, just wondering, if Michael Vick was found guilty of illegal bull fighting, would you whine and gripe about the possibility of his not being able to play football because of it?

• Banned

Discuss
No, it does not. Nothing could make your manhood look any less non existant than it already does, anyhow.

But, just wondering, if Michael Vick was found guilty of illegal bull fighting, would you whine and gripe about the possibility of his not being able to play football because of it?

It's a shame that you cannot bring yourself to discuss anything with me anymore without making it personal.

It makes me wonder why you even bother.

I went to a bull fight in Barcelona, Spain back around 1972. It was a big deal apparently to the local population. The stadium was completely full of people and only standing room. I forget just how may bull fights there were that afternoon but I think I remember it as either four or five. I have to say that it was pretty impressive. There was a group of people who came out first on horses and they fought with the bull and then the crowd went absolutely wild when the matador came out to meet the bull by himself. In the end, of course, the bull is killed by a sword being stuck into it spine just behind the head. The bull drops like a sack of rocks and then is drug out with a horse towing it. We were told by our tour guide that the bulls killed in these events are all donated to local orphanages. After the final bull is slain and the event is over, everybody throws their seat cushion into the bull ring. It's the first and only bull fight I ever went to and it was ok. I won't say great because actually I thought it was all kind of slow and boring but the pagentry was quite glorious and the Spanish people who came to watch the bull fights just went wild with excitement. I don't know that I would call it cruel because when it is time for the bull to die, he dies very quickly. However, it isn't exactly how we slaughter our cattle in this country. Bull fighting is a very big event in Spain.

• Banned
I went to a bull fight in Barcelona, Spain back around 1972. It was a big deal apparently to the local population. The stadium was completely full of people and only standing room. I forget just how may bull fights there were that afternoon but I think I remember it as either four or five. I have to say that it was pretty impressive. There was a group of people who came out first on horses and they fought with the bull and then the crowd went absolutely wild when the matador came out to meet the bull by himself. In the end, of course, the bull is killed by a sword being stuck into it spine just behind the head. The bull drops like a sack of rocks and then is drug out with a horse towing it. We were told by our tour guide that the bulls killed in these events are all donated to local orphanages. After the final bull is slain and the event is over, everybody throws their seat cushion into the bull ring. It's the first and only bull fight I ever went to and it was ok. I won't say great because actually I thought it was all kind of slow and boring but the pagentry was quite glorious and the Spanish people who came to watch the bull fights just went wild with excitement. I don't know that I would call it cruel because when it is time for the bull to die, he dies very quickly. However, it isn't exactly how we slaughter our cattle in this country. Bull fighting is a very big event in Spain.

How many swords did they stab the bulls with before the "kill" shot?

Not to mention that meat has got to be seriously gamey.

Last edited:

How many swords did they stab the bulls with before the "kill" shot?

Not to mention that meat has got to be seriously gamey.

Actually none that I remember seeing. They did however, stick some sort of decorative things into the neck of the bull just behind it's head and high up on it's neck. I only remember each bull being stabbed once with the sword and that was the final stab that killed it.

Harassing a bull with darts and attempts to annoy it, frightening it by exposing it to the roar of the crowd is hardly a quick death. It's more like mercy killing after torture.

How tasty or nutritious is bull's meat? The claim that it goes to feed orphans hardly justifies the bloodthirsty spectacle and the needless suffering of an animal.

Discuss

It's a shame that you cannot bring yourself to discuss anything with me anymore without making it personal.

It makes me wonder why you even bother.
You are hardly the person to scold anyone for making personal attacks. I think your OP is lame. Sadism has nothing to do with manliness.

Discuss

I'm not a fan of any sport where the entire premise of the sport is violence.

That includes boxing, MMA, and wrestling.

It just bores me.

Discuss

I'm not a fan of any sport where the entire premise of the sport is violence.

That includes boxing, MMA, and wrestling.

It just bores me.
Same here. I don't even know why they are considered sports. Sports to me means, or it should mean, athleticism with physical well being being a by product of competition and the quest for excellence. Competitive sports are supposed to subvert violent tenancies not excite them.

Discuss

Nope. I personally always root for the bull to win. I love it when he has the stamina to run his horns up some asshole's asshole. Even with all those fancy fearthered swords stuck in his back.. Bulls are courageous animals.

the spanish barbarians are so damn cool.. they hang chickens and ducks upside down on a rope and ride by on their glorious horses and snatch their heads off. they are just so damn cool. I had to sit on my hands not to neg rep you..

Discuss

Nope. I personally always root for the bull to win. I love it when he has the stamina to run his horns up some asshole's asshole. Even with all those fancy fearthered swords stuck in his back.. Bulls are courageous animals.

Right on sister! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the spanish barbarians are so damn cool.. they hang chickens and ducks upside down on a rope and ride by on their glorious horses and snatch their heads off. they are just so damn cool. I had to sit on my hands not to neg rep you..

What do you want to neg rep me for? I think you're out of your mind but if you want to neg rep me, bring it on. I'll return the favor. I'm just telling you what I saw. It's a sport over in Spain like we have other sports in this country. I didn't invent it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to get into the bull ring and give this shit a try. Never seen any chickens or ducks hanging upside down on horses getting their heads ripped off. I think that might be a little bit far-fetched myself.

What do you want to neg rep me for? I think you're out of your mind but if you want to neg rep me, bring it on. I'll return the favor. I'm just telling you what I saw. It's a sport over in Spain like we have other sports in this country. I didn't invent it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to get into the bull ring and give this shit a try. Never seen any chickens or ducks hanging upside down on horses getting their heads ripped off. I think that might be a little bit far-fetched myself.

I watched a documentary. Google is your friend.

I've been to one bull fight in my entire life. It was part of a tour a bunch of us sailors took when the ship pulled into Barcelona, Spain for a week. I am far from any sort of expert status on bull fighting. Just telling you what I remembered seeing. I'm willing to bet that the documentary you watched was slanted towards animal cruelity and not all of the social, financial, sports, industry and other areas that bull fighting has a link to. Personally, one bull fight per life time is enough for me. The Spanish though think it is great shit. Guess it doesn't take much to entertain some folks.

I've been to one bull fight in my entire life. It was part of a tour a bunch of us sailors took when the ship pulled into Barcelona, Spain for a week. I am far from any sort of expert status on bull fighting. Just telling you what I remembered seeing. I'm willing to bet that the documentary you watched was slanted towards animal cruelity and not all of the social, financial, sports, industry and other areas that bull fighting has a link to. Personally, one bull fight per life time is enough for me. The Spanish though think it is great shit. Guess it doesn't take much to entertain some folks.

I'm just telling you.. I don't go to bullfights, and I don't go to rodeos either.

Forum List

Back