Broadway Plays

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I and my Significant Other are going to be in New York on Saturday, June 22, and have the evening free. She wants to go see "Wicked."

I've checked a couple of "discount" theatre ticket websites, and while I see some ticket prices that are tolerable (around $150), they are proposing to tack on "fees" of $60 or $70 PER TICKET, which strikes me as rather excessive.

I understand that we COULD just go there and take our chances with a scalper, but the Old Lady would never countenance such a risk. "What if......?"

What's the best way to get these tickets at optimal cost?

There’s a kiosk in Times Square named TKTS. They sell tickets on the same day as the performance for half price.

You might want to try your luck there.

My Old Lady would not take the risk of going to NYC without tickets in hand, so we paid $50 over face value for "discounted" tickets to "Wicked."

The theater was full, but I think we could have bought tickets that afternoon at the box office at face value. Not a bad seat in the house.

I and my Significant Other are going to be in New York on Saturday, June 22, and have the evening free. She wants to go see "Wicked."

I've checked a couple of "discount" theatre ticket websites, and while I see some ticket prices that are tolerable (around $150), they are proposing to tack on "fees" of $60 or $70 PER TICKET, which strikes me as rather excessive.

I understand that we COULD just go there and take our chances with a scalper, but the Old Lady would never countenance such a risk. "What if......?"

The best way would be to go do something interesting.

Watching a Broadway play IS doing something interesting.

As was visiting the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, strolling Greenwich Village, Chinatown, Little Italy, the 9-11 memorial, Central Park, grazing in specialty markets, churching at St. Patrick's Cathedral, and buying dogs from a street vendor.

i cant do them ...ill kill my self

when you can ruin guys and dolls its over johnny

Im out of it cant tell ya what good off Broadway

Forum List

Back