British Special Forces Take Out Snipers!

One of the more interesting aspects of that article to me anyway is the fact they weren't home grown Taliban but mercs.
That sounds like a Western media term for foreign fighters. Nobody who fights with the Taliban harbors any delusions about being paid well.

I wonder if they took out 30 civilians along with them this time. No worries, they'll make up for it tomorrow and the next day if they didn't. :doubt:

Yeah, sorry, no luck with civilian casulties...:doubt:.maybe the next Brave Mujahideen For Hire from Pakistan, Egypt and Chechnya, will be as adept at using women and children for human shields as locals are.

I wonder if they took out 30 civilians along with them this time. No worries, they'll make up for it tomorrow and the next day if they didn't. :doubt:

Yeah, sorry, no luck with civilian casulties...:doubt:.maybe the next Brave Mujahideen For Hire from Pakistan, Egypt and Chechnya, will be as adept at using women and children for human shields as locals are.

The Taliban can go fuck themselves along with everybody else. That being said, would you like to compare the number of civilian casualties directly attributable to each side?

The Taliban can go fuck themselves along with everybody else. That being said, would you like to compare the number of civilian casualties directly attributable to each side?

Everyone else? that's a lot of fuckin'.

War is Hell. Civilians have been dying in Afghanistan for the past 3000 years.

I am curious though: How many Afgani Civilians did the Taliban Murder? Who kept count?

Everyone else who carries a gun in that country, at least.

War is hell, and these two were unnecessary. Civilians have been dying in America for that long, too, but that didn't make 9/11 any more acceptable in my mind. I can't understand why the US didn't even attempt to pursue any of the non-violent solutions that the Taliban put on the table. Would it have been so difficult to at least see if they would cooperate diplomatically before lusting after their blood?

I am curious though: How many Afgani Civilians did the Taliban Murder? Who kept count?
I don't know, but my guess is that the number of deaths from their fruity little suicide attacks doesn't quite measure up to those incurred during NATO bombing operations and US drone strikes.

Yes, your heroes, the insurgents, are responsible for the majority of civilian deaths.

According to a UN report: “anti-government elements” – UN jargon for insurgents – were responsible for 76 per cent of the casualties, which were comprised of 1,271 deaths and 1,997 injuries

FT.com / Asia-Pacific / Afghanistan - Civilian casualties in Afghanistan rise by a third

Yes, your heroes, the insurgents, are responsible for the majority of civilian deaths.

According to a UN report: “anti-government elements” – UN jargon for insurgents – were responsible for 76 per cent of the casualties, which were comprised of 1,271 deaths and 1,997 injuries

FT.com / Asia-Pacific / Afghanistan - Civilian casualties in Afghanistan rise by a third

FT.com articles are only available to registered users and subscribers.
Register FREE now for increased access

It's quick, easy and you'll be able to read up to 10 articles per 30 days. Plus you can use these tools:

You'll have to do better than that, Reginald.

Read the fucking report! They made double sure they didn't kill anyone but your fucking heroes.

Ah, a break from the usual. What was the special occasion?

Go die in a ditch you piece of mohammedan shit.
Your boys would be able to help me with that if I was an Afghan civilian, eh?

Your own kind seem more adept at murdering their own kind. They do it every day! Go talk to them. I'm sure they would oblige.

Everyone else who carries a gun in that country, at least.

War is hell, and these two were unnecessary. Civilians have been dying in America for that long, too, but that didn't make 9/11 any more acceptable in my mind. I can't understand why the US didn't even attempt to pursue any of the non-violent solutions that the Taliban put on the table. Would it have been so difficult to at least see if they would cooperate diplomatically before lusting after their blood?

I don't know, but my guess is that the number of deaths from their fruity little suicide attacks doesn't quite measure up to those incurred during NATO bombing operations and US drone strikes.

I didn't know military targets were hiding behind 9/11 civilians?

At any rate, the Taliban massacred thousands of Afghanis during their Theocratic "Governing" of Afghanistan, and it didn't take suicide bombers. Perhaps you should have spoken with them about non-violent alternatives? I understand they were a very open-minded lot, that would no doubt have appreciated your input.

FT.com articles are only available to registered users and subscribers.
Register FREE now for increased access

It's quick, easy and you'll be able to read up to 10 articles per 30 days. Plus you can use these tools:

You'll have to do better than that, Reginald.

Of course, a terrorist sympathiser like you doesn't like hearing the truth and facts, but here's a section from the article you don't want to access. I'm not a subscriber, yet I can access it. You obviously don't want to try too hard. What a surprise!

The report said “anti-government elements” – UN jargon for insurgents – were responsible for 76 per cent of the casualties, which were comprised of 1,271 deaths and 1,997 injuries.

The number of civilians killed or wounded by the Nato-led force and Afghan troops in Afghanistan fell by 30 per cent, due in large part to the implementation of stricter guidelines governing the use of airstrikes adopted last year.

General David Petraeus, the commander of US and Nato forces in Afghanistan, has tightened the rules further since he took over in June from General Stanley McChrystal, his predecessor.

Although international forces are killing fewer civilians, the spike in civilian deaths is a reminder that Taliban attacks have created a climate of fear that is severely hampering US attempts to kindle support for the administration of Hamid Karzai, Afghanistan’s president.

Staffan de Mistura, the UN envoy to Kabul, urged insurgents to consider whether the mounting civilian toll would harm their position in eventual peace negotiations. “One day, when unavoidably there will be a discussion about the future of the country, will you want to come to that table with thousands of Afghans, civilians, killed along the road?” he said

source: Financial Times.com 22 August

Indeed. And I'd expect that instead of being the home of Mercenary Elements for Taliban Recuiters, Egypt, Pakistan, and Chechnya, as well as many other muslim nations would volunteer....NO, DEMAND, to be major elements of the forces stabilizing Afghanistan.

Indeed. And I'd expect that instead of being the home of Mercenary Elements for Taliban Recuiters, Egypt, Pakistan, and Chechnya, as well as many other muslim nations would volunteer....NO, DEMAND, to be major elements of the forces stabilizing Afghanistan.

Afghanistan places such a large amount of emphasis on filthy, barbaric tribal law. The syncretization of these tribal codes with Islam is legitimized in the eyes of many Islamists by the impetuous endorsements of fools like al-Qa'idah. Before anything can be done about Afghanistan, Muslims need to recognize the Taliban for what they truly are and refuse to support their adulterated form of Shari'ah. They'll lose power without their international network of support.

Afghanistan places such a large amount of emphasis on filthy, barbaric tribal law. The syncretization of these tribal codes with Islam is legitimized in the eyes of many Islamists by the impetuous endorsements of fools like al-Qa'idah. Before anything can be done about Afghanistan, Muslims need to recognize the Taliban for what they truly are and refuse to support their adulterated form of Shari'ah. They'll lose power without their international network of support.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Places-Between-Rory-Stewart/dp/B002IT5OS4/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1282527805&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: The Places In Between: Rory Stewart: Books[/ame] offers an excellent illustration of the "filthy, barbaric tribal law," about which you are referring. Really, most westerners cannot even imagine how primative Afghanistan is.

If you ever read Stewart's book, you may find his comparison between colonial imperialism with present "nation-building efforts" quite interesting.

Forum List

Back