Britain's decline as a world power in Iraq

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by parsa92, Jul 12, 2015.

1. parsa92

parsa92 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16
  2. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,229
    Great Britain was no longer a major world power after WWII.

3. Bleipriester

Bleipriester Freedom!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,446
    True. The Brits are stuck on their island now.

4. Vikrant

Vikrant Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,269
    They are still a colonial power because they are still in control of Falkland, Diego Garcia and few other territories they acquired by virtue of might is right.

5. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,169
    I am truly sorry-----do not be offended VIK-----uhm-----I have several flower pots----IN MY MIGHTY CONTROL------but I do not see myself as a colonial power. -------EMPRESS OF MY KITCHEN---yes-----but COLONIAL POWER? Of all of the nations upon which Great Britain INTRUDED ITSELF-------well----sorry----but it has
    never lost its GRIP on the soul of India. You guys drink tea----uhm CHAI----just because they imposed that idiotic custom on you-----and---well sorry----I have worked with lots of Indians over the past 45 years------YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE
    that your English is better than mine because yours is more like that of those JERKY LIMEY BASTARDS. .....do not deny it------I know it's true------I know.......
    but I live with the miserable situation-------you guys even put milk in your tea------
    GOD SAVE THE QUEEN ............(save her from what?.....)

6. Vikrant

Vikrant Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,269
    You are one ignorant girl :)

Brits learned to drink tea from Indians. Tea is an Indian stuff including the custom of putting milk in the tea.

I have never said that my English is better than yours. Actually, to be accurate, my English sucks.

Regarding all the pots in your control, don't smoke too much :) Little bit of it is OK though :)

As far as The Queen is concerned, I have no problem with Gods saving her or anyone else they wish to save.

7. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,169
    I am not at all ignorant------I have been educated by top notch Indians----even Brahmins-------it was not Indians who foisted TEA on the world------it was the british EAST INDIA TEA COMPANY dating back to Elizabeth I----(da virgin)
    ----they pushed tea on one and all-----including that weird custom of adding milk.
    The tea drinking custom was an advertising thing to bolster british business----
    but you do get the PUNCH making custom as your own------don't tell anyone---
    most of us westerners do not know that PUNCH is----well---it is indian----punch bowl and all. ------the brits did TEA BAGS too. --------and those little idiot EGG CUPS that hold a soft boiled egg UPRIGHT-------like a king sitting on a throne----I hated soft boiled eggs as a kid------my mom had a whole bunch of those damned BRITISH EGG CUPS. Ok now for English-----yes-----INDIANS have insisted------to me-----that they speak English far better than do I -----because
    they LEARNED IT FROM THE BRITISH-------a story. when I was young----I would tell the young indian docs with whom I worked to avoid saying "what time is now....?" because the place we all were was kinda "the sticks"-----and people
    kinda mocked anything that sounded "foreign"-------I tried to correct little odd patterns of speech that would elicit mockery--------it never worked -------that's the whole story. -------really----that's it....... PUNCH is all yours---but east india tea company was ALL BRITISH and virtually FOISTED tea on the world ---with their damned tea cups----and pots and tea bags and----that four o'clock neurosis