Britain Out of the EU - Sign the Petition

I hope France will come out of this scam too !!!

So do I. Then she'll be free, along with her fellow, fiscally responsible European allies, to form an organisation that returns to the original concepts and limitations of the EU, which, prior to its current form, was a noble organisation that I supported. The problem now is that it's been infiltrated by a poisonous and irrepsonsible gang of New World Order stooges.

The BNP. Bunch of cowardly racists... along with the English Defense League. Scum masquerading as human beings.

I take issue with the latter of what you've written. It's true that the BNP are a band of racist clowns who will never gain a serious, tangible foothold in British politics. But I don't think you can justifiably tar the EDL with the same brush. I'm a member of the EDL, whose sole mission is to muster a groundswell to counter muslim protesters who call their British hosts "infidels", as well as raising awareness of unsolicited Islamic incursions into our culture and society. Not forgetting that the EDL has a rising number of black Englishmen and women who are swelling our ranks. True, you'll find racist resentment against minorities among the EDL, but the same is true of any pressure group.

The BNP. Bunch of cowardly racists... along with the English Defense League. Scum masquerading as human beings.

I take issue with the latter of what you've written. It's true that the BNP are a band of racist clowns who will never gain a serious, tangible foothold in British politics. But I don't think you can justifiably tar the EDL with the same brush. I'm a member of the EDL, whose sole mission is to muster a groundswell to counter muslim protesters who call their British hosts "infidels", as well as raising awareness of unsolicited Islamic incursions into our culture and society. Not forgetting that the EDL has a rising number of black Englishmen and women who are swelling our ranks. True, you'll find racist resentment against minorities among the EDL, but the same is true of any pressure group.

Well, I recently had the 'pleasure' of meeting a few of your fellow EDLs in Bristol. They were quite clear about wanting 'foreigners' out. When I asked them when they'd like me to leave they said they didn't want me out. So, I pointed to a friend of mine and said 'what about him'? Apparently, he qualified to 'leave'.... here's the thing. I am foreign. He is not - he was born in Sutton, Surrey. His parents were both born in the UK... their family happens to originate from India and my friend definitely looks Indian. But he is far more English than I am. Why is it that I could stay here - as a foreigner, but they wanted him out? That ain't wanting to defend your country, it's fucking racism.

Well, I recently had the 'pleasure' of meeting a few of your fellow EDLs in Bristol. They were quite clear about wanting 'foreigners' out. When I asked them when they'd like me to leave they said they didn't want me out. So, I pointed to a friend of mine and said 'what about him'? Apparently, he qualified to 'leave'.... here's the thing. I am foreign. He is not - he was born in Sutton, Surrey. His parents were both born in the UK... their family happens to originate from India and my friend definitely looks Indian. But he is far more English than I am. Why is it that I could stay here - as a foreigner, but they wanted him out? That ain't wanting to defend your country, it's fucking racism.

So you've allowed the actions of a few to enable you condemn the majority. I'm told that some - not all - of the Tea Party want all 'foreigners' to leave the United States. Does that make them all a group of racists?

So you've allowed the actions of a few to enable you condemn the majority. I'm told that some - not all - of the Tea Party want all 'foreigners' to leave the United States. Does that make them all a group of racists?

I'm prepared to be shown I'm wrong on the EDL. And, granted, I have probably formed an opinion based on that conversation and the media coverage of the EDL so I'm up for being wrong. I kind of hope I am... because I do see where they're coming from on some of their stances. They had a march in Bristol just a few days ago... not one EDL member was arrested or caused any problems... the counter protest - several arrests. So, maybe I'm juding overly harshly.

The only ones who make that claim about the TEAs are Democrats... and that is based on fear of a very real powerhouse that is not controlled by the powers that be.

Pretty much true. They are trying to gain some traction through joining the anti-EU-bandwagon. Pretty transparent.

Presently it's probably one of Western Europe's most popular bandwagons. What's your position on breaking away from EU, the BNP notwithstanding?

Hmmm. 2200 signatures so far.

If anything is likely to make me think the UK should stay in Europe, it's the BNP petitioning to get out. And I really don't like the EU much at all, which will give you some idea of how I feel about the BNP.

Why? The BNP is far from alone in petitioning for Britain's departure from the EU. The Tories largely hinged their election success on a national referendum on Europe, despite the fact they reneged on it in the infancy of their coalition. Does UKIP calling for a referendum on Europe influence your opinion on our mebership along the same lines, despite their not supporting any racially prejudicial ideology?

In any case, do you really think the EU will weather the succession of eurozone bailouts? I don't think it will, nor do I wish it well in that respect.

I was one who voted to join what was then a Free Trade area.

since that vote in 1975, the EU has become a monster of unelected officials who apply their own rules on member states.

It is frightening to think that auditors have refused to sign off the acoounts for over 10 years and this is the group of people who are instructing state s how to run their economies.

Probably the worst issue is the EU assuming judicial powers over member states, now that id terrifying when you see the composition of the judges .

Love the Europeans , hate the EU

Bill

Goodness, I'm not alone in remembering those halcyon days of the Free Trade Agreement, where members traded amicably, but kept their noses out of each other's judicial and financial affairs. Then we were all conned into signing the Maastricht Treaty in '92, and it all went south from there.

Forum List

Back