Bring a chicken to the doctor's office

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Is this the republicans plan for repeal and replace?

Lowden Doubles Down On Health-Care-By-Barter: 'Bring A Chicken To The Doctor' (VIDEO) | TPMDC

Lowden Doubles Down On Health-Care-By-Barter: 'Bring A Chicken To The Doctor' (VIDEO)
Rachel Slajda | April 20, 2010, 5:49PM
281Share
3diggsdigg

Nevada Senate candidate Sue Lowden (R)

Sue Lowden, the front-running Republican challenger to Sen. Harry Reid, yesterday doubled down on her idea that health care could be paid for using the barter system.

Last week, when Lowden suggested "that bartering is really good," it seemed that she may have been talking about haggling prices and just had her vocab mixed up. It happens to everyone.

But yesterday, on a local news program, Lowden seemed to double down on the idea. Asked whether the statement made her seem disconnected, she shot back that it's Reid who's disconnected for not knowing "that this is already happening in our state."

"Let's change the system and talk about what the possibilities are. I'm telling you that this works. You know, before we all started having health care, in the olden days, our grandparents, they would bring a chicken to the doctor. They would say I'll paint your house," she said. "[That's] what people would do to get health care with their doctors. Doctors are very sympathetic people."

"I'm not backing down from that system," she added.

Reid's campaign blasted the video clip out to reporters this afternoon (subject line: "Seriously ... Has Sue Lowden Lost Her Mind?). Watch:

Lowden went on to say that barter "is not even mentioned in my plan" and said it's just an alternative she was discussing at a town hall meeting.

bovinesforlowden.jpg

don't laugh, when obamie runs outta ink for printin money a chicken might look good..

To my amusement, this has been the rage of left wing radio all day.

I couldn't believe my ears.

That dumb right-wing hag said to barter with the doctor with some chicken...like the olden days.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif

That dumb right-wing hag said to barter with the doctor with some chicken...like the olden days.

roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif

She is leading Harry Reid.
Republicans don't want a "deficit neutral" health care program.
But they are "thrilled" with a Republican drug give-a-way that will cost the nation trillions.

Old time health care

A doctor serviced his small town by doing house calls (I am one of the few people on the board who ever got one, because I am elderly) in a rattletrap car. While he was stopped for a visit to the pharmacy one day, a bunch of kids were standing around making fun of his car.

He came out and listned for a bit and told them "The car is paid for boys. Most of you...aint"

Old time health care

A doctor serviced his small town by doing house calls (I am one of the few people on the board who ever got one, because I am elderly) in a rattletrap car. While he was stopped for a visit to the pharmacy one day, a bunch of kids were standing around making fun of his car.

He came out and listned for a bit and told them "The car is paid for boys. Most of you...aint"

Not enough chickens?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...y-what-came-first-the-chicken-or-the-egg.html

roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif

But they are "thrilled" with a Republican drug give-a-way that will cost the nation trillions.
I know she's winning...thats how you know the RWers are off their rockers. Lost their cotton-pickin minds.

They are so angry they dunno WHAT to do with themselves.

All they know is "ME MAAAADD! DEMOCRAT....BAAAAAD!!"

Clinton called it though...people don't make good decisions when their angry.

They'll have to live with them though.

I don't know about chicken, but I don't have health insurance (for myself, kids do) right now.

My PCP and I have worked out an arrangement where I pay cash the day services are rendered. I get a flat 50% discount, and often he will give me samples for any meds he prescribes. You know what? He still makes money off me, and so far it is working out just fine.

How could he make money off me? He recently changed his policy with regard to self-pay patients. Used to be they just paid full price, too bad so sad. Unfortunately, this meant he had relatively few self-pay (cash) patients. Most were patients who'd once had insurance and stayed with him once they lost coverage, because they needed a PCP to manage chronic health conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, etc.

Meanwhile, he had a small army of staff handling insurance, medicaid and medicare for his other patients, which consumed massive amounts of resources (ie, office space, office equipment, salaries, and other overhead). At the end of the day, the amount of money he made off the "covered" patients wasn't nearly what he needed to keep up the very expensive overhead to support this line of business.

So, he decided to try something new and offer steep discounts to his fees, including lab and xray. Fifty-percent discounts. So his standard office visit of $90 became $45, a $60 xray became $30, and a $15 lab test became $7.50, and so on and so forth.

Any patient without insurance was gladly welcomed to the practice and if they pay cash on the spot for services rendered, they get half-off. Estimates are gladly provided before services are rendered and if the patient can't pay everything upfront, he allows the patient to make a partial payment of 1/2 the bill that day and the balance due before the next scheduled visit.

Believe it or not, this new arrangement has been *very* popular, as many people in Atlanta have lost their jobs, their insurance and ... their PCP. My doctor saw the need these people had and found a way to fill it that works for everyone.

He has recently reduced his office staff by about roughly half the people he once had....most of his "insurance girls" no longer work on filing patient claims, or pre-authorizations, or even better... COLLECTIONS, because there is a much reduced need for this staff. With patients paying their bill on the spot, even at the 50% reduced rate from his standard fees, he's still making money because his overhead has vastly reduced. Less office space required, less office equipment (computers, copiers, phones, fax, etc), less paid out in salaries and benefits.

It's a HUGE win for him, and for his patients.

I like that I am no longer beholden to an insurance company--they once called the shots. They made the decisions about my health care that should rightfully belong to ME and my doctor. Not the RN on the other end of a 800 number telephone line in another state who has never met me and never will.

*My doctor and I* decide if I need to have an xray or lab work or this medication or that medication. We don't have to wait for a preauthorization before we can do the things we need to in order to properly safeguard my health. We aren't shackled by a formulary when it comes to deciding what medications to use--we now discuss medications in terms of what's best for me, what I can afford and what it takes to treat me adequately and properly.

I like this arrangement. I like it alot. It removes a LOT of people and layers of bureaucracy and complication that needed to not be there in the first place. This arrangement returns my health care and health care decision making to the people who should be calling these shots in the first place. That is, my doctor and myself.

I would like to see this arrangement become commonplace, more and more. It works. It really does.

At any rate....bartering seems to be an extension of this practice and you know what? If I didn't have the money to cover a visit at a particular time, I wouldn't hesitate to offer to do office work for my doctor in order to cover my bill. My guess is that he would be open to such an arrangement, much more so than to having to deal with an insurance company and all their rules and regulations.

In fact, I wish I'd seen this thread before I went today, I could have asked him about bartering. I had never thought of that before. :D

OBAMA WERE IS MY CHICKEN VOUCHER.

Right wing healthplan is a CHICKEN VOUCHER. Try haggling with Blue Cross and other private healthcare providers with a CHICKEN and see how far you get. Best healthcare plan yet from the Republicans. LMAO

Fools mock, but they shall mourn.

Bartering has existed since the beginning of time. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I do believe our current economic exchange system is superior. But we have too many people undermining it to the point where our paper money will be worthless.

Some people want to invest in gold and silver. I think tools, seeds, and food are a much better investment personally.

Is this the republicans plan for repeal and replace?

Lowden Doubles Down On Health-Care-By-Barter: 'Bring A Chicken To The Doctor' (VIDEO) | TPMDC

Lowden Doubles Down On Health-Care-By-Barter: 'Bring A Chicken To The Doctor' (VIDEO)
Rachel Slajda | April 20, 2010, 5:49PM
281Share
3diggsdigg

Nevada Senate candidate Sue Lowden (R)

Sue Lowden, the front-running Republican challenger to Sen. Harry Reid, yesterday doubled down on her idea that health care could be paid for using the barter system.

Last week, when Lowden suggested "that bartering is really good," it seemed that she may have been talking about haggling prices and just had her vocab mixed up. It happens to everyone.

But yesterday, on a local news program, Lowden seemed to double down on the idea. Asked whether the statement made her seem disconnected, she shot back that it's Reid who's disconnected for not knowing "that this is already happening in our state."

"Let's change the system and talk about what the possibilities are. I'm telling you that this works. You know, before we all started having health care, in the olden days, our grandparents, they would bring a chicken to the doctor. They would say I'll paint your house," she said. "[That's] what people would do to get health care with their doctors. Doctors are very sympathetic people."

"I'm not backing down from that system," she added.

Reid's campaign blasted the video clip out to reporters this afternoon (subject line: "Seriously ... Has Sue Lowden Lost Her Mind?). Watch:

Lowden went on to say that barter "is not even mentioned in my plan" and said it's just an alternative she was discussing at a town hall meeting.

They sure have some ideas, don't they? Not good ideas but... different..

Since brothels are legal in Nevada......you know what some will be bartering

roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif

I know she's winning...thats how you know the RWers are off their rockers. Lost their cotton-pickin minds.

They are so angry they dunno WHAT to do with themselves.

All they know is "ME MAAAADD! DEMOCRAT....BAAAAAD!!"

Clinton called it though...people don't make good decisions when their angry.

They'll have to live with them though.

but the woman is a blithering idiot. at some point shouldn't we step in and save the stupid from themselves? :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back