Bridgestone Airless Tire: Puncture-Proof Tech On The Way

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Bridgestone Airless Tire: Puncture-Proof Tech On The Way

bridgestone-airless-tire-technology_100372603_m.jpg

The concept tire uses a thermoplastic resin spoke structure along the inner sides of the tires that supports the weight of the vehicle, just as pressurized air does in a regular tire. That means no risk of leaks, and no risk of punctures.

The resin is also 100 percent recyclable which makes it far greener than regular tires, many of which go to landfill and at best, are cut up for insulation and other uses. Bridgestone envisions a continuous cycle of recycling and re-use as the thermoplastic can be constantly re-formed when heated.

Michelin also tried working with airless technology back in the early 2000s but the tech has now got to the point where its becoming production viable.

More at the link.

In my always so humble opinion, Bridgestone is one of the few tire manu..'s that still makes any tires worth owning.Mohawk was another then Yokohama bought them out and that ended that.

In my always so humble opinion, Bridgestone is one of the few tire manu..'s that still makes any tires worth owning.Mohawk was another then Yokohama bought them out and that ended that.
You know where they have really jumped out to challenge the accepted leaders? Golf balls! They are excellent, and a lot of Titleist users have switched over.

b330-800.jpg

Makes sense. Little white ballz make the world have no clue what is actually being done to them.
New years in Times Square will be coming soon. Set the timer. I'm sure congress will be in session when the apple drops.

Forum List

Back