Breaking the Monopoly: Right Wing Human Rights

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
A new human rights organization founded by journalist Dr. Yoaz Hendel, a former advisor to Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, seeks to both protect the weak and to “break the extreme-left monopoly on human rights,” Hendel told Channel 10.

Hendel’s new group has been named Zechuyot Adam Kacholavan (“Blue and White Human Rights”).

The group “sees [guarding] human rights as the moral duty of whoever views himself as sovereign in the land,” Hendel explained.

The new group is not the first human rights organization to come from the political right. Before she joined Knesset, MK Orit Struk founded the Yesha Human Rights Organization, a group which has focused primarily on fighting illegal police violence.

Breaking the Monopoly: Right Wing Human Rights - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

"Hana Barag of the far-left rights group Machsom Watch was less than impressed with the new organization. 'I don’t think that these people’s agenda is our agenda, or the agenda of looking out for the little guy and fighting the occupation,' she told Channel 10, adding, 'Where there is occupation, there are no human rights.'”

Breaking the Monopoly: Right Wing Human Rights - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

Is human rights for Palestinians only, George?

"Hana Barag of the far-left rights group Machsom Watch was less than impressed with the new organization. 'I don’t think that these people’s agenda is our agenda, or the agenda of looking out for the little guy and fighting the occupation,' she told Channel 10, adding, 'Where there is occupation, there are no human rights.'”

Is human rights for Palestinians only, George?
No, I don't think Palestinians have any special claim on human rights, Lipush; however, they are the only people living under a heinous Jewish military occupation, and some of them are living on land their families have owned or occupied for generations.

Forum List

Back