BREAKING NEWS: WABC Radio anchor murdered

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
This is SHOCKING. Weber has been a fixture on WABC radio since I can remember. I *always* listened to him - especially during 9/11. He was a steady hand on the ship in a raging storm... I remember my heart dropped in my throat a couple of months later when he announced a jet had crashed in Queens (Flight 587). This is terrible.

ABC News: ABC News Radio Anchorman Found Dead

Veteran ABC Radio newscaster George Weber has been found dead in his Brooklyn, N.Y., apartment in what police believe was a homicide.
PHOTO ABC News radio anchor Greg Weber is shown in these file photos from his blog.
ABC News radio anchorman George Weber has been found dead in his Brooklyn apartment.
(georgeweberthenewsguy.blogspot.com)

Police responded to a missing person call at 9 a.m. Sunday and found Weber, 50, in his apartment with a wound to his neck, according to a police report. Emergency Medical Services responded to the scene and pronounced him dead.

An investigation into Weber's death is ongoing and no arrests have been made.

"We are shocked and deeply saddened by the death of our colleague and friend George Weber who was the victim of what police have deemed a homicide at his home in Brooklyn," said Steve Jones, vice president and general manager of ABC News Radio.

"An investigation has been launched by NYPD and we have been assisting them," he added. "Our condolences and prayers go out to George's family and friends at this very difficult time."

This is SHOCKING. Weber has been a fixture on WABC radio since I can remember. I *always* listened to him - especially during 9/11. He was a steady hand on the ship in a raging storm... I remember my heart dropped in my throat a couple of months later when he announced a jet had crashed in Queens (Flight 587). This is terrible.

ABC News: ABC News Radio Anchorman Found Dead

Veteran ABC Radio newscaster George Weber has been found dead in his Brooklyn, N.Y., apartment in what police believe was a homicide.
PHOTO ABC News radio anchor Greg Weber is shown in these file photos from his blog.
ABC News radio anchorman George Weber has been found dead in his Brooklyn apartment.
(georgeweberthenewsguy.blogspot.com)

Police responded to a missing person call at 9 a.m. Sunday and found Weber, 50, in his apartment with a wound to his neck, according to a police report. Emergency Medical Services responded to the scene and pronounced him dead.

An investigation into Weber's death is ongoing and no arrests have been made.

"We are shocked and deeply saddened by the death of our colleague and friend George Weber who was the victim of what police have deemed a homicide at his home in Brooklyn," said Steve Jones, vice president and general manager of ABC News Radio.

"An investigation has been launched by NYPD and we have been assisting them," he added. "Our condolences and prayers go out to George's family and friends at this very difficult time."

wow. this is profoundly devoid of interest. thanks for posting it.

slow weather day, i take it?

This story is what's shocking to me! Very!

4 California Police Officers Dead, Gunman Killed After Traffic Stop

Four Oakland police officers were killed after two shootings Saturday, the first after a routine traffic stop and the second after a massive manhunt ended in gunfire, authorities said. The gunman, who was wanted on a parole violation, was also killed.

"It's in these moments that words are extraordinarily inadequate," said Mayor Ron Dellums at a somber news conference announcing the slayings. It was the first time in the history of the Oakland Police Department that three officers were killed in the line of duty in the same day.

The violence began when two officers on motorcycles stopped a 1995 Buick sedan in east Oakland just after 1 p.m., Oakland police spokesman Jeff Thomason said. The driver opened fire, killing one officer and gravely wounding another.

Click here for photos.

The gunman then fled on foot, police said, leading to an intense manhunt by dozens of Oakland police, California Highway Patrol officers and Alameda County sheriff deputies. Streets were roped off and an entire area of east Oakland closed to traffic.

Around 3:30 p.m. officers got an anonymous tip that the gunman was inside a nearby apartment building. A SWAT team entered an apartment to clear and search it when the gunman opened fire, police said. Two members of the SWAT team were killed and a third was grazed by a bullet, police said.

FOXNews.com - 4 California Police Officers Dead, Gunman Killed After Traffic Stop - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

I keep wondering when Sharpton is gonna show up and scream "racism and police brutality."

As I thought, you are a fucking idiot. Thanks for proving it.

Why ... because there is never any real news these days and I am not willing to buy into media hype like ... well .. you?

4 dead cops is Media Hype?

It's a great loss ... but really ... we had a few die within the last week ourselves. 4 children died somewhere else in America ... life ends, that is inevitable, it kinda sucks when someone else takes it but I see no difference between that and ... well ... someone killing their neighbor over a hedge, people beating each other to death for 'cutting them off', innocent people killing invading soldiers, soldiers killing the enemy ...

... guess what, it happens every minute of every day somewhere, people die, it's just a fact of life. So I am wrong for not worrying about a fact of life as well?

Four Oakland police officers were killed after two shootings Saturday, the first after a routine traffic stop and the second after a massive manhunt ended in gunfire, authorities said. The gunman, who was wanted on a parole violation, was also killed.

"It's in these moments that words are extraordinarily inadequate," said Mayor Ron Dellums at a somber news conference announcing the slayings. It was the first time in the history of the Oakland Police Department that three officers were killed in the line of duty in the same day.

The violence began when two officers on motorcycles stopped a 1995 Buick sedan in east Oakland just after 1 p.m., Oakland police spokesman Jeff Thomason said. The driver opened fire, killing one officer and gravely wounding another.

Click here for photos.

The gunman then fled on foot, police said, leading to an intense manhunt by dozens of Oakland police, California Highway Patrol officers and Alameda County sheriff deputies. Streets were roped off and an entire area of east Oakland closed to traffic.

Around 3:30 p.m. officers got an anonymous tip that the gunman was inside a nearby apartment building. A SWAT team entered an apartment to clear and search it when the gunman opened fire, police said. Two members of the SWAT team were killed and a third was grazed by a bullet, police said.

FOXNews.com - 4 California Police Officers Dead, Gunman Killed After Traffic Stop - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

I keep wondering when Sharpton is gonna show up and scream "racism and police brutality."

Four officers at a "routine" traffic stop? Something fishy there.

The homocide of ABC Radio newscaster George Weber is significant ONLY if it is somehow related to what he does as a news announcer.

Otherwise, to be frank, it is merely one more story in the NAKED CITY.

Click here for photos.

DUmmie Alert,,, DUmmie Alert! :cuckoo:

Click here for photos.

2 Motorcycle cops stopped him after he shot them others hunted him. There were not 4 at the traffic stop, which you would know if you bothered to READ the article.

The homocide of ABC Radio newscaster George Weber is significant ONLY if it is somehow related to what he does as a news announcer.

Otherwise, to be frank, it is merely one more story in the NAKED CITY.

Very true! I am not familiar with Weber so I can't say his views. Say he was a huge anit-Obama advocate he was killed for that. Say he was strongly against illegal immigrants and he was killed for that. Or say he preached against CAIR and Islamofacism and he was killed for that. Then that would be something to discuss, but sad as it sounds if this was a randomn robbery than there is nothing to discuss.

Click here for photos.

DUmmie Alert,,, DUmmie Alert! :cuckoo:

Don't be so hard on yourself. You're not that dumb.

Click here for photos.

2 Motorcycle cops stopped him after he shot them others hunted him. There were not 4 at the traffic stop, which you would know if you bothered to READ the article.

Why would I read the article that you hijacked the thread with? This thread had to do with the WABC guy being killed.

If I wanted to read the article about the 4 cops, I would have gone to the other thread. Also, you should have been more clear in your post. The only reason you post links is so that we can confirm that you are giving an accurate account.

Nothing says, I have to read any link. Only if I'm interested.

Forum List

Back