Breaking New Trump tweet

Discussion in 'Politics' started by eddiew37, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,992
    You stupid fuck. In a nuclear exchange, even with a piss ant like North Korea, there will not be a winner. There will be two nations, Korea, North Korea, completely devestated. Possibly Japan, also. There will be a third, the US, with possible severe damage. For sure, our economy will be severely damaged with South Korea devastated. Many millions will have died in both North Korea and South Korea. And then there is the possibility of an accident starting an exchange between the US and either China or Russia. In which case, our present civilization is dead.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. cnm

cnm Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,694
    I want you to take your rifle and go and sort it out if you're tired of other people talking.

3. Fort Fun Indiana

Fort Fun Indiana Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,416
    Trump "leadership":

"
    Inside the White House, Trump's concerns about losing the support of his base have blanketed much of his decision-making, according to people he's spoken with. As summer ended without a decisive legislative win, Trump has only grown more insistent on following the volatile -- but, in his view, winning -- political instincts that aides have at times attempted to rein in.
    Critical upcoming decisions on the Iran nuclear deal and a nominee for Federal Reserve chairman -- both expected to come in mid-October -- are being considered partly for how they'll play with Trump's base, people familiar with Trump's thinking said.
    While Trump begrudgingly agreed to support the establishment-backed candidate in Alabama's special Senate election, he offered only scant praise during his one campaign event for him. When Sen. Luther Strange lost to far-right Roy Moore in last week's primary contest, an irritated Trump used the episode to further question the political instincts of his team.
    Afterward, Trump's aides shrugged off the loss of the candidate who Trump backed, suggesting instead that Moore's win was a sign that Trump-style politics is alive and well.
    "I think that this is an extension of what we saw last year, which is that when some voters have a chance to vote against Washington and the establishment, they will do exactly that, especially after we haven't had a lot of legislative victories," said Kellyane Conway, the President's senior counselor."

-CNN

Trump, playing to his base, first and foremost. Everyone knows it. It's not a secret. If his first premise is to do what is popular, he's directly violating your words of wisdom.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,892
    Meh. He was damned if he did, damned if he didn't. At the end of the day Bush owns both those conflicts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. eddiew37

eddiew37 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,899
    Hey gramps thought one of the reasons this misfit became president was because of his great deal making Was that a lie too?

6. jknowgood

jknowgood Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,649
    That was obama,
    Obama was a pussy, if he wasn't black. He would be asking me if I want fries with my order.

7. Circe

Circe Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +281
    Yeah, good points, our record since WWII has been almost unremitting failure in war. It is a problem. I think it's lack of will to actually kill and win: we want to be everyone's bestest wittle friendsies, and you can't win any war that way. Well, maybe Grenada, but they seem to be pacified these days, with their nutmeg trees. We didn't win in Korea last time, so it does not surprise me that Kim thinks he can win this upcoming war.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  8. Circe

Circe Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +281
    I agree we are being heavily propagandized -- they say that NoKo is a basket case, very poor, incapable of anything. This doesn't go with the independent news we get about their abilities and organization.

However, I don't think it's inaccurate that NoKo and Iran are saying what they are saying: that they want to kill us all. People usually mean what they say, after all. So we'll have to fight them. Both countries.

9. meaner gene

meaner gene VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +460
    These countries are like crying children. They want attention, and they want something to eat, or they want their diaper changed. Ignoring them isn't going to fix the problem.

10. bendog

bendog Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,346
    The Oranguton is putting Iran in the news. And there's really no comparison to it and NK ... other than possibly the fact that they both see a need for a nuclear deterrent to the US's aggression. And it's pretty dispiriting to think any country outside of Russia should see the US as an existential threat to their society.