BREAKING: Free Ride Comes to a Screeching Halt for 6,000 Welfare Leeches

When does the free ride for those bogus quotes leeching in your sigline come to a halt, McRacist?

If that was mandated in the state of Missouri, Ferguson would quickly become just a memory. Burn baby burn...

You can add St.Louis city, and numerous other close-by towns.

"Gov. Paul LePage is reinstating a law that says any single, able bodied person, between 18 and 50 must either work, volunteer, or enroll in an employment training program for 20 hours per week in order to continue to receive benefits."

No problem. Work is good for the soul.

True and the bible says if a man will not work he shall not eat.

The "people" will get angry, hostile, and take to the streets. "People" will do what they have to in order to eat. Hunger drives desperation. Opportunities to be self-supporting have long since disappeared in America. We have created a poor and dependent society. Half the population is living in poverty. State governments and the federal government need to be very careful about inflicting further pain and misery on an oppressed "people". As the saying goes, "corner an animal and he'll fight his way out". And, why punish "all" for the conduct of a few?

In my opinion, if this becomes the norm in America, things are going to get ugly, very ugly, very quickly. It's no secret that the American people are already on edge, looking for any excuse to vent their frustrations, anxieties, and fears. Something like this could be the "push" needed to ignite civil unrest like no one can imagine. I don't have a crystal ball, but I can see "all hell breaking loose" in the near future. Watch for the signs and keep your doors locked. Bread wont be the only thing stolen.

"Gov. Paul LePage is reinstating a law that says any single, able bodied person, between 18 and 50 must either work, volunteer, or enroll in an employment training program for 20 hours per week in order to continue to receive benefits."

No problem. Work is good for the soul.

True and the bible says if a man will not work he shall not eat.
The Bible also says, " what you do unto the least of mine, you also do unto me".

True. What is your point? If you are able bodied and refuse to work, Sonny Clark, you won't eat. That is bible scripture. As to the poor? Those who cannot get work, who cannot help themselves? Absolutely - we need to reach out and help others. Always. This is why the Bible tells us that those who are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God.

The "people" will get angry, hostile, and take to the streets. "People" will do what they have to in order to eat. Hunger drives desperation. Opportunities to be self-supporting have long since disappeared in America. We have created a poor and dependent society. Half the population is living in poverty. State governments and the federal government need to be very careful about inflicting further pain and misery on an oppressed "people". As the saying goes, "corner an animal and he'll fight his way out". And, why punish "all" for the conduct of a few?

In my opinion, if this becomes the norm in America, things are going to get ugly, very ugly, very quickly. It's no secret that the American people are already on edge, looking for any excuse to vent their frustrations, anxieties, and fears. Something like this could be the "push" needed to ignite civil unrest like no one can imagine. I don't have a crystal ball, but I can see "all hell breaking loose" in the near future. Watch for the signs and keep your doors locked. Bread wont be the only thing stolen.

They will riot if they have to do something to receive free help? Is that what you are saying? If they are able bodied they should do the community service or whatever is being asked of them. They are receiving help and it will be their way of giving back.

You say people will do whatever they have to in order to eat. Then it should be no problem for them to abide by the requirements the State has set up. Right?

Did you read the article? This is for people who have been using the system as an entitlement - it is depleting resources for the truly indigent and shut ins, elderly people. Read the article!!!

True. What is your point? If you are able bodied and refuse to work, Sonny Clark, you won't eat. That is bible scripture. As to the poor? Those who cannot get work, who cannot help themselves? Absolutely - we need to reach out and help others. Always. This is why the Bible tells us that those who are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God.
My point is that we, as humans, civil and humane beings, have a responsibility to help those in need. There are plenty of people able bodied between the ages of 18 and 50 that have disabilities. In addition, not everyone has the opportunity to be self-supporting. I posted an article here yesterday that fully explained it. We have taken away opportunities for "everyone" to be self-supporting. We have created a poor and dependent society. Just because someone wants to work and be self-supporting, doesn't mean that they can wake up in the morning and find a living wage job. Reality says just the opposite.

The Bible says that we shall eat by the sweat of our brow. But, the Bible also understands, in its teachings, that there are poor, sick, disabled, blind, handicapped, and afflicted with other disorders. The Bible tells us that we should share with those less fortunate, help where we can, be kind one to another, do unto others as we would have them do unto us, and in all things, be of good spirits.

We have many abled bodied citizens of very low IQ, unskilled, uneducated, and suffering from depression and other mental afflictions. If college grads are moving back home living with parents due to no jobs, how can we expect the average person to wake up in the morning and start work at a self-supporting job? When college grads are flipping burgers, working at Wal-Mart, and working two jobs, that should tell us something. This economic nightmare is not imagined, made up, fantasy, and not a fairy tale, it's REAL. Anyone that believes otherwise, has had their heads buried in the sand for way too many years. Think about it.

Also, what are we to do with those that we "cut loose"? Do we ignore them and allow them to steal for food, turn into criminals, and become homeless? Or, do we lock them up in jails and prisons in order to keep them from feeding themselves by whatever means they can? What would you suggest we do with them once we end their assistance?

My point is that we, as humans, civil and humane beings, have a responsibility to help those in need. There are plenty of people able bodied between the ages of 18 and 50 that have disabilities. In addition, not everyone has the opportunity to be self-supporting. I posted an article here yesterday that fully explained it. We have taken away opportunities for "everyone" to be self-supporting. We have created a poor and dependent society. Just because someone wants to work and be self-supporting, doesn't mean that they can wake up in the morning and find a living wage job. Reality says just the opposite.

The Bible says that we shall eat by the sweat of our brow. But, the Bible also understands, in its teachings, that there are poor, sick, disabled, blind, handicapped, and afflicted with other disorders. The Bible tells us that we should share with those less fortunate, help where we can, be kind one to another, do unto others as we would have them do unto us, and in all things, be of good spirits.

We have many abled bodied citizens of very low IQ, unskilled, uneducated, and suffering from depression and other mental afflictions. If college grads are moving back home living with parents due to no jobs, how can we expect the average person to wake up in the morning and start work at a self-supporting job? When college grads are flipping burgers, working at Wal-Mart, and working two jobs, that should tell us something. This economic nightmare is not imagined, made up, fantasy, and not a fairy tale, it's REAL. Anyone that believes otherwise, has had their heads buried in the sand for way too many years. Think about it.

Also, what are we to do with those that we "cut loose"? Do we ignore them and allow them to steal for food, turn into criminals, and become homeless? Or, do we lock them up in jails and prisons in order to keep them from feeding themselves by whatever means they can? What would you suggest we do with them once we end their assistance?

in my opinion you are right in that there are those who just don't have the ability to find a job that will pay the rent.

Two things I think removed the jobs these types used to get that paid a decent wage.

One the Free Trade agreements which sent our low skilled jobs, and quite a few skilled, oversea and south of the border.

Two the loose immigration policy and now amnesty. If amnesty is granted it will only cause a bigger flood of immigrants and I can't blame them but it will hurt our nation. They maybe in fact dreamers but for the rest of us it is a nightmare.

You say people will do whatever they have to in order to eat. Then it should be no problem for them to abide by the requirements the State has set up. Right?
No, it will be just the opposite. Many will not be able to wake up in the morning and start work at a living wage job. We do NOT have an adequate number of living wage jobs in this country, not by a long shot. Think about the college grads that have moved back in with parents, and are now either unemployed or flipping burgers. Think about those middle aged that are shunned by the business world. Think about the many that have been forced to retire early due to cut-backs and down-sizing.

Think about technology, innovation, and automation that has replaced workers. Think about the off-shore out-sourcing of jobs, the importing of labor, and think about the millions of illegal immigrants living and working in this country. Think about lost industries and our dependency on foreign imports. Where are we to work? Again, there are not enough jobs to meet the demand. Businesses are producing more with less employees. Most of the jobs added over the past couple of years are part-time, temporary, low-pay, or very specialized jobs. So, again, where will all those people that will have their assistance "cut" find a means to be self-supporting? Have a clue?

They will riot if they have to do something to receive free help? Is that what you are saying? If they are able bodied they should do the community service or whatever is being asked of them. They are receiving help and it will be their way of giving back.
In some cases, yes. But, that certainly doesn't apply to all between the ages of 18 and 50, not by a long shot. A law that throws a blanket over one group, and intends to judge everyone in that group the same, is ridiculous, insane, and totally unreasonable, to say the least. Everyone receiving some form of assistance has their own story, their own set of circumstances, and their own disability.

Did you read the article? This is for people who have been using the system as an entitlement - it is depleting resources for the truly indigent and shut ins, elderly people. Read the article!!!
I read the article, thank you. The article said anyone able bodied between the ages of 18 and 50.

in my opinion you are right in that there are those who just don't have the ability to find a job that will pay the rent.

Two things I think removed the jobs these types used to get that paid a decent wage.

One the Free Trade agreements which sent our low skilled jobs, and quite a few skilled, oversea and south of the border.

Two the loose immigration policy and now amnesty. If amnesty is granted it will only cause a bigger flood of immigrants and I can't blame them but it will hurt our nation. They maybe in fact dreamers but for the rest of us it is a nightmare.
You are absolutely CORRECT !!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back