Brazilians to Announce 'Controversial Discovery' Later Today

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Media Advisory: Press Conference in Brazil to Announce Discovery in Outer Solar System | ESO

"Media Advisory: Press Conference in Brazil to Announce Discovery in Outer Solar System"

"This unexpected result raises several unanswered questions and is expected to provoke much debate. A press conference will be held in Brazil to present the new results and allow opportunities for questions.

Note that all information regarding these findings is under strict embargo until 19:00 CET (15:00 BRT) on Wednesday 26 March 2014."

If it were a potential impacter, I like to think they'd get that out quickly. Rogue black hole, neutron star, or other planet-killer too. Aliens? Maybe. Most likely though a new planet. Googled around a bit, but the news embargo is working...Dang-it. :)

Googling the 4 scheduled presenters' bios to see what they're known for or working on, 3 of the 4 have occultation in common (celestial bodies transitting in front of another.)

Occultation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So maybe Pluto or other outer solar system object's gonna 'occult' another unpectedly. Hope not cause that's kinda dull and not to my mind worthy of a media embargo. :)

Looking at the extrasolar planet data it wouldn't surprise me if Jupiter was starting to move inwards. There's no way the majority of Jupiter planets discovered could of formed so close to their stars.

This would make some sense and would be really bad.

Here's the scoop thanks to the tin-foil hat wearing folks at Above Top Secret:

ESO announcement leaked EARLY!, page 1

"ESO announcement leaked EARLY!"

"The European Southern Observatory announced this week the discovery of rings around an asteroid 1.4 billion miles from Earth. Chariklo is the largest of the class of asteroids orbiting the sun between Saturn and Uranus known as Centaurs. Results were published online today in the journal Nature."

Kinda anticlimatic. Still, who wanted to wait hours? :)

Forum List

Back