Brady gun law denial

LordBrownTrout

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2007
South Texas Republic
Any advice would be much appreciated. My father in law went to purchase a handgun at the gun show yesterday. His background check came by with a denied status. He has a concealed carry licencse, has a clean record, has never been in trouble, absolutely an impeccable clean record. My question is, this has to be appealed and should he hire an attorney to fix this?

Any advice would be much appreciated. My father in law went to purchase a handgun at the gun show yesterday. His background check came by with a denied status. He has a concealed carry licencse, has a clean record, has never been in trouble, absolutely an impeccable clean record. My question is, this has to be appealed and should he hire an attorney to fix this?
Likely a ‘common name’ problem.

Did he go back to the dealer and ask them to re-run NICS with his SSN? If it is again denied, then obtain the transaction number and file an appeal.

FBI — NICS Appeals Brochure - In English

If he tells the ATF that he plans on running the gun into Mexico, they will probably give him two free glocks.

Forum List

Back