BP is a convicted criminal

BP to pay $4.5 billion, plead to 11 felonies for 2010 oil spill into the Gulf of Mexico | PennLive.com

This should boost BP gasoline sales to the Republicans, they love doing business with convicted criminals.

OH, HAI THERE!

17164873_BG1.jpg

Oh....ONLY REPUBLICANS buy BP gas? Lol!
We have 6 gas stations in our town....4 of them are BP's!
I'm sure all the democrats in town only go to the other 2 stations tho.....

You won't see a single conservative on this board cheering over BP being brought to justice,

but if some kid got shot dead while burglarizing a gas station, they'd be in here wanting to declare a national holiday.

Oh....ONLY REPUBLICANS buy BP gas? Lol!
We have 6 gas stations in our town....4 of them are BP's!
I'm sure all the democrats in town only go to the other 2 stations tho.....

There was one in Baton Rouge once.

Before the oil spill.

It mysteriously became a Shell/Circle K station.

Not really seeing how they were brought to justice when they always admitted they were responsible for what happened and had always had plans to pay costs.

Im also not sure how an organization is charged with a crime. I though you guys were the ones always claiming they aren't people. If they aren't people then how does a non-person commit a crime?

Not really seeing how they were brought to justice when they always admitted they were responsible for what happened and had always had plans to pay costs.

So if I commit a crime "brought to justice" just means I admit and pay for the damages?

Or is that only for corporations?

Im also not sure how an organization is charged with a crime. I though you guys were the ones always claiming they aren't people. If they aren't people then how does a non-person commit a crime?
You want me to explain the law to you?

It feels like this friday was the friday of the Month where LOLberals got their Stupid pills in the mail from the DNC.

You've never, ever heard of cases where corporate entities were held responsible? There have been countless civil lawsuits, like the woman that had the hot coffee spilled on her lap at McDonalds. There have also been criminal cases, lots for fraud.

So if I commit a crime "brought to justice" just means I admit and pay for the damages?

Or is that only for corporations?

You want me to explain the law to you?

First, I am not sure how corporations commit crime. Individuals in the corporations could, even acting in an official capacity. But I still dont see how a corporation commits a crime. But hey what do I know about criminal law? :)

Second, No you arent brought to justice if you admit to the crime and are willing to restore whats necessary. You are brought to justice when the government needs to actually drag you in, convict you in front a jury of your peers (or a judge if that right is waived)

You've never, ever heard of cases where corporate entities were held responsible? There have been countless civil lawsuits, like the woman that had the hot coffee spilled on her lap at McDonalds. There have also been criminal cases, lots for fraud.

Civil cases is one thing. Criminal matters are entirely different.

Civil cases is one thing. Criminal matters are entirely different.

Read my reply. There have also been criminal cases, lots for fraud. There was a federal case against a drug company that sold sugar pills as ibuprofin. there have been state and federal cases against jobsites that violated safety laws allowing employees and residents to die. There have been federal cases against companies dumping toxic waste into drinking water supplies. And so on, et cetera.

Forum List

Back