Born a Homo? Part II.

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1tovote4
No, but I still want to know why you care if somebody else does? What does it matter to you at all if somebody else is "sinning"? Let them punch their ticket to wherever they purchased it.

It's not so much their gross choices that bother me, it's them seeking to destroy the sanctity of marriage and wanting special rights... It also bothers me that so many people try and spread the myth that people are born homo, which takes away the personal responsability of the situation...

-Cp said:
It's not so much their gross choices that bother me, it's them seeking to destroy the sanctity of marriage and special rights... It also bothers me that so many people try and spread the myth that people are born homo, which takes away the personal responsability of the situation...

I guess it's 'later' :)

:D

-Cp said:
It's not so much their gross choices that bother me, it's them seeking to destroy the sanctity of marriage and special rights... It also bothers me that so many people try and spread the myth that people are born homo, which takes away the personal responsability of the situation...

The sanctity of a marriage can only be violated by those that participate in the marriage, not by anybody else getting married anywhere else to somebody else. In short, only you can violate the sanctity of your marriage. Since there are already churches that provide services for Homosexual couples, if that was a "violation of the sanctity" your marriage is already well violated.

Whatever they decide to do with their lives may have nothing to do with your religion or whatever you believe to be sanctified. They have a right to their beliefs as you do to yours. Therefore your "sanctified" argument is simply a way to attempt to force your religion on others, even to the point of deciding who they should marry.

I have not argued here whether or not people are born homosexual or not, I simply have argued that it is their choice and their responsibility to take part in these relationships.

No.... homosexuals getting "married' destroy marriage because they falls outside the definition of marriage - "A union between a man and a woman"

Function: noun
1 : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a legal, consensual, and contractual relationship.

If homo's want to have a Civil Union, so be it.. but leave Marriage out of it..

There are moral absolutes in life having nothing to do with religion, homosexuality being wrong is one of them. This scares the hell out of people who choose to engage in homosexuality and the liberals and moral relativists who love them.

-Cp said:
No.... homosexuals getting "married' destroy marriage because they falls outside the definition of marriage - "A union between a man and a woman"

Function: noun
1 : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a legal, consensual, and contractual relationship.

If homo's want to have a Civil Union, so be it.. but leave Marriage out of it..

Let's put in the whole definition.

mar·riage ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mrj)
n.

a. The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife.
b. The state of being married; wedlock.
c. A common-law marriage.
d. A union between two persons having the customary but usually not the legal force of marriage: a same-sex marriage.

If we use the entire definition, then we can see it includes same-sex and has the customary meaning just not the "legal" meaning. The definition of words has changed before, and can still change to include the force of law for those unions of the same-sex variety all without violating the "sanctity" of your own marriage. As I said before, the sanctity of your marriage can only be violated by yourself or your wife, anything anybody else does can have no bearing on your marriage at all.

There are countries that allow more than one woman per man and same-sex marriage as well. So far your marriage would still be sanctified so long as you followed your vows, and did not violate the promise you personally made before God and those witnesses.

If their marriage is a sin or not "sanctified" that is their responsibility to deal with between God, etc.

Either way, it doesn't hurt you personally and therefore IMHO is none of my business. The only victims in such a relationship is with those that choose to be in the relationship.

no1tovote4 said:
The only victims in such a relationship is with those that choose to be in the relationship.

Hold on............. what about those who do not have a choice in the situation such as the children?

khafley said:
Hold on............. what about those who do not have a choice in the situation such as the children?
with the exception of a second 'marriage', how are a gay/lesbian couple going to have kids?

DKSuddeth said:
with the exception of a second 'marriage', how are a gay/lesbian couple going to have kids?

1. Lesbian's - Artificial Insemination
2. Gay or Lesbian- Adoption

khafley said:

Which children? If a person has been honest with themselves and enter a homosexual relationship it is not likely to produce children.

However, the only time children are a victim of those relationships are from those outside. Those outside make fun of them and attempt to make them believe that their parent or parents are in some way terrible for whom they chose to be with. Those within the relationship are making no such judgements. It is the outside judgement, or the "sanctified" crowd that would make those children "victims".

What about children born to hetero parents that are into swinging? Are they victims because of what their parents do? They are more likely to be violating the sanctity of their own marriages than those in homosexual relationships.

I think there are far more "victim" children created from divorce than there would be "victim" children in homosexual marriages.

That is like saying that blue and green people should not intermarry because somebody else might think it is bad and if they had children they could be the victim of prejudice.

What about children born to hetero parents that are into swinging? Are they victims because of what their parents do? They are more likely to be violating the sanctity of their own marriages than those in homosexual relationships.

You can't justify bad behavior, with more bad behavior.

Ok what about my children they were victims and exposed to that type of lifestyle and I am not happy about it, this was at a public beach, However I excpect to not have to shield my children's eyes everytime we go out to public places, and I believe I posted this somewhere else on this board.

Here is something that my children and I had to experiance this past summer. keep in mind they are 6 and 8 years old. I had taken them to the local beach to go swimming for the afternoon little did I know that the 2 females swimming relativley close to us were lesbians, my innocent children got an eyeful. They were having quite a good time making out in the water in front of everyone. Needless to say I was completly disgusted and the children and I left.

So are my children not victims of this disgusting behavior. I have to explain to them now what was going on.

IT IS MORALLY and ETHICALLY WRONG PERIOD!!!!!!!

eric said:
You can't justify bad behavior, with more bad behavior.

I never said that it was bad behavior, there are responsible ways to be part of that lifestyle as well as part of a homosexual lifestyle. There is an assumption that somebody that acts differently than you is bad that was never part of my original post.

I don't believe either sets of children are victims of their parents relationship.

khafley said:
Ok what about my children they were victims and exposed to that type of lifestyle and I am not happy about it, this was at a public beach, However I excpect to not have to shield my children's eyes everytime we go out to public places, and I believe I posted this somewhere else on this board.

Here is something that my children and I had to experiance this past summer. keep in mind they are 6 and 8 years old. I had taken them to the local beach to go swimming for the afternoon little did I know that the 2 females swimming relativley close to us were lesbians, my innocent children got an eyeful. They were having quite a good time making out in the water in front of everyone. Needless to say I was completly disgusted and the children and I left.

So are my children not victims of this disgusting behavior. I have to explain to them now what was going on.

IT IS MORALLY and ETHICALLY WRONG PERIOD!!!!!!!

And hetero teenagers doing the same would be okay? For me, I would have used this as a way to teach my children that people like that exist. They will find out from either you, or those on the playground. How they react will depend on who they learn it from, and how you explain it.

Wishing that they don't exist will never make that sort of thing go away.

Time for me to go home and since this thread seems rather popular I will post my goodbyes here. I will pick up on the thread later.

no1tovote4 said:
And hetero teenagers doing the same would be okay? For me, I would have used this as a way to teach my children that people like that exist. They will find out from either you, or those on the playground. How they react will depend on who they learn it from, and how you explain it.

Wishing that they don't exist will never make that sort of thing go away.

First off they weren't teenagers they were adults, second no it would not be ok if they were hetero. however if they were, at least they would be male and female thats a little bit easier to explain, since that was the way it was intended to be in the first place. Considering I live in a very small tight knit community where I know everyone, population is around 2000, the chances of them hearing about that on the playground are slim to none.
The biggest thing being talked about on the playground is YU-GI-OH and Football!

Sir Evil said:
Wow, hot subject of late! Just so you all know, I was born a homo went hetero and now having a sex change so I can be a lesbian! :teeth:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
WTF, there went my tea all over the computer screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back