boohoo

Johnney

Dec 9, 2003
IOWA
Suit Blames Rumsfeld for Abuse by Troops
link
The suit was filed on behalf of four Iraqis and four Afghans who allege they suffered severe and repeated beatings, cutting with knives, sexual humiliation and assault, mock executions, death threats, and restraint in excruciating positions.
They were held in Afghanistan and Iraq in 2003 and 2004, were never charged with crimes and have been released, according to officials at the groups that filed the suit, the American Civil Liberties Union (news - web sites) and Human Rights First.

cry me a river....again
so where do the families for everyone who was beheaded and tortured start their suits?

Sir Evil said:
Exactly! but you will have your human rights groups and Bully jump all over this! :rolleyes:

There should be a bounty on the head of every damn ACLU shyster in the country. They're nothing but a pack of anarchists or I suppose you could call them terrorists with briefcases.

At first I was going to respond about not being able to sue Rumsfield, unless he actively ordered/participated the alleged abuse, as the general rule is that one is not liable for the actions of third parties when the third party commits an illegal (hence unforeseeable) act.

I then re read the post. Read it again. Is it me, or did the ACLU file this suit? WTF! I am not familiar with the "human rights group," however, I am sadly familiar with the ACLU.

Are these people (the alleged victims) even American? It appears that they do not have american citizenship. What is a US taxpayer funded org doing here? We pay them dollars so they can sue US citizens (cause the pentagon is most likely immune) for alleged crimes against non US citizens. This is amazing. ACLU, "American" Civil Liberties Union. Not Iraq nor Afganistan civil liberties union.

I do not have a problem with non citizens bringing suit in US courts, I do however have a BIG problem with my taxpayer dollars being spent to help them out. Especially in a case that is bound to lose. Yes, these cases will be very difficult to prove.

And, this case is not even the only one!

At the same time, the ACLU filed three similar suits in other states against Lt. Gen. Ricardo Sanchez, who was the commander in Iraq, and Col. Thomas Pappas and Brig. Gen. Janis Karpinski, who were commanders at Abu Ghraib. The complaints were filed in federal courts in South Carolina, Texas and Connecticut.

I need to find out if this org is non profit, most likely is, yet the IRS needs to tune in, just like they finally started doing with NAACP. This has got to stop. I am tired of my taxes funding crap I do not believe in. I understand that my taxes may be spend in areas where I do not agree, but come on, the NAACP and the ACLU consistently represent ONLY one side of the coin.

I don't know about boohoo, for if these guys have truly been abused, then they have a claim. Regardless of whether someone in their religion or group beheaded one of us. The claim? I don't know. I have not personally worked that out. For if one is to flaunt the Geneva Conventions, then how in the world can you sue under it. If you were wearing a uniform, then, IMHO, you have the benefit of the doubt that you were not apart of the groups beheading people.

Another thing I have not figured out is:

What is "abuse?" Under the Geneva, taking pictures is. But what if these pictures showing these guys in embarassing moments saves lives? Seriously. War is hell, so the saying goes. Not that this means we should act like hell, but, where is the proper line drawn?

Yurt said:
At first I was going to respond about not being able to sue Rumsfield, unless he actively ordered/participated the alleged abuse, as the general rule is that one is not liable for the actions of third parties when the third party commits an illegal (hence unforeseeable) act.

I then re read the post. Read it again. Is it me, or did the ACLU file this suit? WTF! I am not familiar with the "human rights group," however, I am sadly familiar with the ACLU.

Are these people (the alleged victims) even American? It appears that they do not have american citizenship. What is a US taxpayer funded org doing here? We pay them dollars so they can sue US citizens (cause the pentagon is most likely immune) for alleged crimes against non US citizens. This is amazing. ACLU, "American" Civil Liberties Union. Not Iraq nor Afganistan civil liberties union.

I do not have a problem with non citizens bringing suit in US courts, I do however have a BIG problem with my taxpayer dollars being spent to help them out. Especially in a case that is bound to lose. Yes, these cases will be very difficult to prove.

And, this case is not even the only one!

I need to find out if this org is non profit, most likely is, yet the IRS needs to tune in, just like they finally started doing with NAACP. This has got to stop. I am tired of my taxes funding crap I do not believe in. I understand that my taxes may be spend in areas where I do not agree, but come on, the NAACP and the ACLU consistently represent ONLY one side of the coin.

I don't know about boohoo, for if these guys have truly been abused, then they have a claim. Regardless of whether someone in their religion or group beheaded one of us. The claim? I don't know. I have not personally worked that out. For if one is to flaunt the Geneva Conventions, then how in the world can you sue under it. If you were wearing a uniform, then, IMHO, you have the benefit of the doubt that you were not apart of the groups beheading people.

Another thing I have not figured out is:

What is "abuse?" Under the Geneva, taking pictures is. But what if these pictures showing these guys in embarassing moments saves lives? Seriously. War is hell, so the saying goes. Not that this means we should act like hell, but, where is the proper line drawn?

cause yo uknow them bitches aint bright enough to go to those buttholes and file themselves

Yurt said:
I don't know about boohoo, for if these guys have truly been abused, then they have a claim.

Well, maybe they do. So give them a new camel and send them back to the desert.

Forum List

Back