Booby-trapped corpses and other horrors remain in Syrian town after combat

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I hope they are very careful while they walk. Too bad they don't have bomb sniffing dogs.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...pModule_04941f10-8a79-11e2-98d9-3012c1cd8d1e#

By Dan Lamothe May 27 at 2:22 PM
imrs.php

A Syrian Kurdish sniper looks at the rubble in the town of Kobane in January. A new report by Handicap International details the level of destruction and continuing danger there after a massive battle in which the Islamic State militant group was driven out. (AP Photo, File)

After Kurdish fighters backed by American air power drove the Islamic State militant group from the key Syrian border town of Kobane in January, it lay in ruins. Hundreds of airstrikes by the U.S.-led military coalition fighting the militants had rained down in previous months, and ground fighting had also taken a heavy toll.

A new report released Wednesday by the non-governmental organization Handicap International details what that means nearly six months later. Kobane’s people must contend with a horrific array of unexploded ordnance, ranging from bombs and mortars to corpses that have been booby-trapped with improvised explosive devices, the organization found.

[Kurds drive Islamic State fighters from the strategic town of Kobane]

“The unexploded devices and booby traps pose a daily threat to the people who fled Kobane and are now trying to return home,” said Frédéric Maio of Handicap International. “This explosive pollution will make it impossible for people to reconstruct their lives, and blocks access to several areas. It also prevents humanitarian organizations from operating safely and providing the necessary support to this vulnerable population.”

Continue reading at:

Booby-trapped corpses and other horrors remain in Syrian town after combat - The Washington Post

There is nothing god like, or holy about ISIS. They serve only shaitan.
It is insanity.

I hope they are very careful while they walk. Too bad they don't have bomb sniffing dogs.

By Dan Lamothe May 27 at 2:22 PM
imrs.php

A Syrian Kurdish sniper looks at the rubble in the town of Kobane in January. A new report by Handicap International details the level of destruction and continuing danger there after a massive battle in which the Islamic State militant group was driven out. (AP Photo, File)

After Kurdish fighters backed by American air power drove the Islamic State militant group from the key Syrian border town of Kobane in January, it lay in ruins. Hundreds of airstrikes by the U.S.-led military coalition fighting the militants had rained down in previous months, and ground fighting had also taken a heavy toll.

A new report released Wednesday by the non-governmental organization Handicap International details what that means nearly six months later. Kobane’s people must contend with a horrific array of unexploded ordnance, ranging from bombs and mortars to corpses that have been booby-trapped with improvised explosive devices, the organization found.

[Kurds drive Islamic State fighters from the strategic town of Kobane]

“The unexploded devices and booby traps pose a daily threat to the people who fled Kobane and are now trying to return home,” said Frédéric Maio of Handicap International. “This explosive pollution will make it impossible for people to reconstruct their lives, and blocks access to several areas. It also prevents humanitarian organizations from operating safely and providing the necessary support to this vulnerable population.”

Continue reading at:

Booby-trapped corpses and other horrors remain in Syrian town after combat - The Washington Post
Do tell ....... :cool:

What Nusra Sally, that always blames the Syrian government, forgot to mention is that the town of "Kobani" looks like it looks today due to US airstrikes that did not spare the smallest item.

What Nusra Sally, that always blames the Syrian government, forgot to mention is that the town of "Kobani" looks like it looks today due to US airstrikes that did not spare the smallest item.

Since the Little Man actully have no interest for the Kurds, he doesn't really care what happens to them. By the way, Little Man, you were complaining about Alerts the other day. If you don't want to get Alerts, why not pass my posts by? Do you see me responding when you start threads? In fact, I don't even bother reading them. The only one that I read is because I started a thread about Saudi Arabia looking for executioners, saw the title of your consequent thread, and observing on this forum how your diseased mind works had the feeling you were referring to me, which of course I was right.

I was just reading the other forum, and guess what the Little Boy said? This is not the first time he mentioned me there. He must have dementia in addition to losing his marbles.

"You excluded Al-Qeada from the list of terrorists fighting in Syria by mentioning only ISIS. So you are a fucking terrorist cheerleader. For you, terrorists are harmless civilians. You are just as rotten as Sally is."

Not only that, here he is responding to Aris and he mentions me again. Everyone in his demented mind is lying except him. By the way, I didn't know that they allowed strangers to your room in the nut house.

'You know you are lying. Its is even a lie to make a difference between Al-Qaeda and FSA. If your master would declare ISIS democratic freedom fighters you would also applaud them. That being said, it becomes clear that you undress your chest for terrorists that do not differ from ISIS terrorists in any way. You and Sally are the both most disgusting persons here, I could not tolerate you in my home."

Since the Little Man actully have no interest for the Kurds, he doesn't really care what happens to them. By the way, Little Man, you were complaining about Alerts the other day. If you don't want to get Alerts, why not pass my posts by? Do you see me responding when you start threads? In fact, I don't even bother reading them. The only one that I read is because I started a thread about Saudi Arabia looking for executioners, saw the title of your consequent thread, and observing on this forum how your diseased mind works had the feeling you were referring to me, which of course I was right.

I was just reading the other forum, and guess what the Little Boy said? This is not the first time he mentioned me there. He must have dementia in addition to losing his marbles.

"You excluded Al-Qeada from the list of terrorists fighting in Syria by mentioning only ISIS. So you are a fucking terrorist cheerleader. For you, terrorists are harmless civilians. You are just as rotten as Sally is."

Not only that, here he is responding to Aris and he mentions me again. Everyone in his demented mind is lying except him. By the way, I didn't know that they allowed strangers to your room in the nut house.

'You know you are lying. Its is even a lie to make a difference between Al-Qaeda and FSA. If your master would declare ISIS democratic freedom fighters you would also applaud them. That being said, it becomes clear that you undress your chest for terrorists that do not differ from ISIS terrorists in any way. You and Sally are the both most disgusting persons here, I could not tolerate you in my home."
Just shut up. You did not even address the post you quoted.

Just shut up. You did not even address the post you quoted.

There are times, Little Boy, when you should just shove a rag in your mouth and keep quiet. When you open your mouth, you show everyone just how mentally ill you are.

Notice, folks, that the Little Boy completely overlooked this, and he accused me of lying that he was bringing me up on another forum.

Forum List

Back