Bond......James Bond. Changing Our Perceptions Of What A Man Is

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
nbvnbvnb.jpg
Hoagy_Carmichael_-_1947.jpg

I read an article yesterday about how the author felt that Sean Connery never should have been James Bond.

Apparently he felt that Sean Connery was too much of a male chauvinist pig. He wanted Bond to be more suave and sophisticated.
Unfortunately fans didn't feel the same way. That's what Hollywood and the New York MSM is Hellbent on changing.

I don't think it's going to work.

The Bond that Ian Fleming envisioned is more like the Beta Boy that is in the first seconds of this scene. Not the dangerous Scotsman that eventually set the standard that all ensuing Bonds would be measured with:

There were talks of turning Bond into a black female. That would be a massive mistake. Nobody would pay to see yet another woke lecture on gender reassignment. Unfortunately Amazon owns MGM, and taking consideration into the way they screwed up the Lord of The Rings franchise....I'm sure they'll screw this one up too.

Links

Sean Connery represented the "Mad Men" era. Women are playthings to be enjoyed, only men can be taken seriously. The suave, man's man with women climbing over themselves to get his attention.
So that being gone is fine with me.
However, todays representation of what a man is is equally as worse... if not worse. (it is IMO)
The "demasculination" of boys began at least 10 years ago. Then came "me too", then came "rape culture and toxic masculinity" then came "not cool bro" etc. etc. etc.
And now - the only way to be a celebrated white male is to look like these guys....
FACT

transgender-tile_tcm7-315226.jpg

Sean Connery represented the "Mad Men" era. Women are playthings to be enjoyed, only men can be taken seriously. The suave, man's man with women climbing over themselves to get his attention.
So that being gone is fine with me.
However, todays representation of what a man is is equally as worse... if not worse. (it is IMO)
The "demasculination" of boys began at least 10 years ago. Then came "me too", then came "rape culture and toxic masculinity" then came "not cool bro" etc. etc. etc.
And now - the only way to be a celebrated white male is to look like these guys....
FACT

View attachment 776562

This guy gets a lot of celebration...

1681564854789.jpeg

as does this one...
matthew-mcconaughey.jpg

and this one

top-10-greatest-actors-of-our-generation.jpg

Fortunately, or possibly unfortunately..........the Broccolis own the rights to James Bond.
I don't know where their "politics" lie in this respect, but if they have any brains at all, they KNOW for a FACT, that changing Bond in any way would mean his literal death. I'm sure they've become too addicted to the massive amounts of money Bond rakes in for them though.

Whatever directors, actors, or fans say..........it's the Broccolis that make the final decision.

To be honest, I would LOVE to see a female SPINOFF of James Bond. I love hard core action women!
But as a replacement? No. Absolutely never ever ever. MISTER Bond is still a strong character I grew up with and love.

Although I'm not enamered by Sean Connery like most others are........my main man is Roger Moore!!! LOVE THAT MAN!
I love a man with a sense of humor and some cutting wit. And Roger Moore gave that to Bond.

Daniel Craig brought back the gruffness of Bond, which he did with a lot of finesse.

So far, the Broccolis have been EXTREMELY specific on who they allow to play Bond, and I don't expect they are going to give up those characteristics because of a bunch of whiney, mentally deranged one percenters that think they are the concious of the world.

I do so enjoy the outrage when a fictional character undergoes some sort of change, as if there is some law that says fictional characters can never change.

I'd prefer them give the role to an unknown.
Let somebody else become famous for a change.

Actully kind of tired of all these asshole "A" celebs playing superheroes and such.

Nobody heard of Christopher Reeve before he was Superman. He was AWESOME, he was goodlooking, he was suave.
And America fell in love with him.

Let that happen to another unknown. Just the RIGHT ones though.

View attachment 776558View attachment 776559

I read an article yesterday about how the author felt that Sean Connery never should have been James Bond.

Apparently he felt that Sean Connery was too much of a male chauvinist pig. He wanted Bond to be more suave and sophisticated.
Unfortunately fans didn't feel the same way. That's what Hollywood and the New York MSM is Hellbent on changing.

I don't think it's going to work.

The Bond that Ian Fleming envisioned is more like the Beta Boy that is in the first seconds of this scene. Not the dangerous Scotsman that eventually set the standard that all ensuing Bonds would be measured with:

There were talks of turning Bond into a black female. That would be a massive mistake. Nobody would pay to see yet another woke lecture on gender reassignment. Unfortunately Amazon owns MGM, and taking consideration into the way they screwed up the Lord of The Rings franchise....I'm sure they'll screw this one up too.

Links

Glad to hear that the origial author viewed the Bond character as I did. Which is why Roger Moore was by far my fave Bond. He would make for the best spy for sure. Neanderthals fail and are often the first to flip under pressure.

Fortunately, or possibly unfortunately..........the Broccolis own the rights to James Bond.
I don't know where their "politics" lie in this respect, but if they have any brains at all, they KNOW for a FACT, that changing Bond in any way would mean his literal death. I'm sure they've become too addicted to the massive amounts of money Bond rakes in for them though.

Whatever directors, actors, or fans say..........it's the Broccolis that make the final decision.

To be honest, I would LOVE to see a female SPINOFF of James Bond. I love hard core action women!
But as a replacement? No. Absolutely never ever ever. MISTER Bond is still a strong character I grew up with and love.

Although I'm not enamered by Sean Connery like most others are........my main man is Roger Moore!!! LOVE THAT MAN!
I love a man with a sense of humor and some cutting wit. And Roger Moore gave that to Bond.

Daniel Craig brought back the gruffness of Bond, which he did with a lot of finesse.

So far, the Broccolis have been EXTREMELY specific on who they allow to play Bond, and I don't expect they are going to give up those characteristics because of a bunch of whiney, mentally deranged one percenters that think they are the concious of the world.
I also liked Moore better than Connery's depiction.
Connery was too over the top "Don Juan" than a spy dude.
Not that Moore didn't get the girl, he did, and that has always been a part of Bond... but Connery made that the central theme of who he is, rather than a portion of who he is.

Forum List

Back