Boiling Frog Alert

So you think this is some great burden on an employer?

Please explain the burdensome task you imagine this to be?

Clearly, you've never had to deal with burdensome government paperwork, reporting, and compliance.

As payroll systems are not set up with this type of "non-tax deductible donation" to the government, such a program would require system and reporting changes. These are not cheap. They also would require a redo of SOX 404 compliance audits for public companies.

This is yet another example of why Cost Benefit Analyses should be required for all these "a good idea in theory, but lousy in practice" government programs.

Yes I noticed it was a republican bill but it really does no harm to anyone that I can see.

Its voluntary.

I think maybe they were hoping to get the little guy to help pay for the tax cutsz of the wealthy but as long as its voluntary I dont mind that.

Maybe the tea party will put some of their money where thier mouth is.

It's moronic because it's not tax deductible.

It's moronic because employers are forced to implement it...which makes it compulsory, not a voluntary effort.

Any person who wishes to may send a check to the government currently without this program.

It's moronic because employers are forced to implement it...which makes it compulsory, not a voluntary effort.

Any person who wishes to may send a check to the government currently without this program.

That's another reason why it's moronic, yes. After all, these 'small government' Conservatives are showing their true stripes here.

You are mistaken if you think that all members of the GOP are small government conservatives, but it's hardly a surprise that you cannot tell the difference.

You are mistaken if you think that all members of the GOP are small government conservatives, but it's hardly a surprise that you cannot tell the difference.

I don't think all members of the GOP are small government conservatives. Instead of insulting me, if you bothered to read the links I provided earlier, you would see that they all themselves as 'limited government' type Conservatives. But I suppose that would be too much work.

I'm not inclined to click on links when the poster of such is too lazy or intellectually inept (in your case, both) to explain why they are relevant.

I just dont get why this is so bad.

But of course you don't. It's another law to go along with the other 10,000 pages of IRS tax law. Have you ever opened any year of the IRS tax code law and read the redundancy, absurdity, and outright lunacy that small businesses must endure every year?

Then the zombified wonders why companies outsource or relocate overseas. No wonder unemployment is up to 9%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
That's groovy. But it's not used for corporate payroll processing, reporting, and compliance, bub.

Yes I noticed it was a republican bill but it really does no harm to anyone that I can see.

Its voluntary.

I think maybe they were hoping to get the little guy to help pay for the tax cutsz of the wealthy but as long as its voluntary I dont mind that.

Maybe the tea party will put some of their money where thier mouth is.

It's moronic because it's not tax deductible.

That's exactly right. The onus is on the employer to implement whatever new tax codes are written into law.

Then the zombified wonders why companies outsource or relocate overseas. No wonder unemployment is up to 9%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He specifically mentioned small businesses. Companies that can afford to outsource or relocate overseas aren't what most people would call small businesses.

Corporations outsource overseas because labor is cheaper, little to no regulation, and in many cases they can avoid paying what little taxes they would have to if they were located in the U.S.

no there are other program which will do payroll, accounting, spreadsheats with all pertinent info etc. Why do book entries, that is so old fashioned. Do you still imprint checks on a hand printer?

Last edited:
Why do book entries, that is so old fashioned.

Paper copy/trail.

Data can be very easily manipulated on a computer. Or can be lost in many cases. Though that's not to say the same cannot be said for paper. However, it's an added protection.

He specifically mentioned small businesses. Companies that can afford to outsource or relocate overseas aren't what most people would call small businesses.

Corporations outsource overseas because labor is cheaper, little to no regulation, and in many cases they can avoid paying what little taxes they would have to if they were located in the U.S.

There's a reason why job creation is so poor: small businesses aren't hiring.

Nonsense such as this which drives up their cost of doing business just Makes Things Worse.

no there are other program which will do payroll, accounting, spreadsheats with all pertinent info etc. Why do book entries, that is so old fashioned. Do you still imprint checks on a hand printer?

Have you ever had to prepare financial statements and schedules for an audit?

I doubt it.

Forum List

Back