Boeing Is Cutting 1,800 Seattle-Area Factory, Engineering Jobs

From the Bloomberg article:

"The Chicago-based manufacturer has been winnowing employment in the Puget Sound area, its largest industrial base, over the past year as sales slowed for the jetliners."

Looks like Trump had nothing to do with the layoff because it started on Obozo's watch. ..... :cool:

The Orange turd visits Boeing last week, then this
and the rubes still cheer

I live about 5 minutes from Boeing, and ive lived here my whole life. Boeing hires and lays off people constantly. Working at Boeing is considered a great job to have around here. It pays great and has great benefits, but only if you can manage to get enough seniority to survive the inevitable lay offs. Often times you work for a couple years, get laid off, then you come back a couple years later, work for a couple more years, get laid off again, but by the third time you come back, you probably have enough time in to not get laid off again. The point is, they do this all the time.

Rubes lol....you guys are very entertaining. I knew the libs would go nuts when Trump won but holy cow what a spectacle. Now if we disagree with a lib we are Rubes? LMFAO children just a bunch of children. No wonder Trump won so easily.

Rubes lol....you guys are very entertaining. I knew the libs would go nuts when Trump won but holy cow what a spectacle. Now if we disagree with a lib we are Rubes? LMFAO children just a bunch of children. No wonder Trump won so easily.

LMAO as well.

One would think the Dems would be more concerned with the elections coming up.

America is watching.

They are going to need some very good luck because they sure as shit have crappy leadership.

Boeing hires and lays off people constantly
Yep, same across all industries... ramping up doesn't make juicy headlines, but a big scary number for layoffs does.

From source:
Boeing told employees in December that it would seek buyouts as part of an effort to cut costs and match employment to market requirements

Market conditions evolve, and sometimes you have too many of one labor skill and not enough of another.

>>
The plane maker approved voluntary layoffs for 1,500 mechanics, according to a person familiar with the situation who asked not to be named because it hasn't been made public. Another 305 engineers and technical workers are leaving voluntarily, Bill Dugovich, a spokesman for their union, said Thursday.

Boeing told employees in December that it would seek buyouts as part of an effort to cut costs and match employment to market requirements, company spokesman Paul Bergman said by email. Boeing also plans to cull commercial-airplane jobs by leaving open positions unfilled and through involuntary layoffs, he said. He declined to say how many buyouts have been approved.<<

>>
The plane maker approved voluntary layoffs for 1,500 mechanics, according to a person familiar with the situation who asked not to be named because it hasn't been made public. Another 305 engineers and technical workers are leaving voluntarily, Bill Dugovich, a spokesman for their union, said Thursday.

Boeing told employees in December that it would seek buyouts as part of an effort to cut costs and match employment to market requirements, company spokesman Paul Bergman said by email. Boeing also plans to cull commercial-airplane jobs by leaving open positions unfilled and through involuntary layoffs, he said. He declined to say how many buyouts have been approved.<<

Guess dumbass should have done some research before he posted another bogus thread.

Color me shocked.

Forum List

Back