Boehner Spends Like a Drunken Republican Leader.. Wait...

So let me see if i understand you:

It's somehow hypocritical to spend money to play golf when its not government money when one advocates not spending the tax payers money?

You think instead that no one should spend money to play golf and that those people who are barely making any money in a year working at that golf course should be unemployed.

If you arent spending tax money, i dont care what you do. If you want to be a drunk, you want to play golf, fine. Thats the beauty of America. You are free. You can be thrifty. You can spend like a moron. You will have to face the consequences of your decisions. But acting like this is somehow some scandal is ridiculous.

I don't think its scandalous. In fact, I feel the same way you do. It's truly funny, though, how you guys can dish it out, but you sure can't take it.

These are the same whiners who complained about Obama playing golf once a month.

Not surprising that you dont understand the problem people have with that.

1) People have a problem with your hypocrisy. The fact that you bitched and moaned when Bush played golf or took time off, yet Obama plays more golf in a year than Bush did in 8 and you think its no big deal. If you dont understand, the issue is Obama. The issue is your double standard.

2) People have a problem with him taking off to play golf when our troops in aghanistan have been waiting for months for reinforcements, and rather than making this important decision, he wants to keep putting it off. If he wants to play golf on his off time, no one will care. But until he has made a decision concerning our troops, they are in danger and he isnt off. Is it difficult to understand the difference between doing what you want on your leisure time and how you spend your time when you are supposed to be working?

1) The complaints about Bush centered around his proclamation that he wouldn't play golf as long as the troops were still fighting in Iraq. But he did. And please don't even begin to compare the amount of time off Bush took as compared to Obama. Bush either took off for Camp David every weekend and/or the Crawford Ranch once a month.

2) So Obama isn't supposed to take ANY time for personal relaxation? If he didn't, then ya'll would be bitching that he's inyourface all the time; that he should just shut up and take a vacation. As for the myriad meetings with his security experts on Afghanistan, did it ever occur to you that THEY deserve some free time and don't want to be behind closed doors 24/7 either? Get real.

Most THINKING Americans are damned glad Obama and his team are taking their time reviewing and analyzing all the strategic possibilities for Afghanistan rather than rushing to judgment. After all, it took five years for the CORRECT decision in Iraq to be made, and that was after thousands of deaths, tens of thousands injured, some for life, and an escalation of Islamic hatred for the United States while Bush, Cheney, Inc. 'diddled' with a foolhardy "stay the course" strategy.

Plenty of people spend that much money at country clubs all over the USA. This is not really a scandal. Come back when you catch him with $90,000 cash in his freezer, or something like that.

No thanks, I'll stick around and call him a hypocrite some more so if it hurts you to hear it, maybe you should go start your own thread.

Knock yerself out!! It doesn't hurt me to hear it at all, especially when I pay about the same every year for my country club membership. Do you play golf??

I do. I use golf to close sales and bring business to my company. It works great too! The club I belong to is very exclusive and open only to members and their invited guests. The club hosts a Senior PGA tour event every year and is very exclusive. That "Exclusivity" is the attraction. Why would any bigshot that has money to donate want to play a cheap public course that they let anyone play on? They want to play a prestigious course, like the Ritz, like Pebble Beach, like Riviera CC, et. al., they don't want to play Municipal golf courses that are in lousy condition and overplayed.

PS- Golf is a great fund raising tool that works for charity too.

And also a great way for lobbyists to grease some palms! :lol:

No thanks, I'll stick around and call him a hypocrite some more so if it hurts you to hear it, maybe you should go start your own thread.

Knock yerself out!! It doesn't hurt me to hear it at all, especially when I pay about the same every year for my country club membership. Do you play golf??

I do. I use golf to close sales and bring business to my company. It works great too! The club I belong to is very exclusive and open only to members and their invited guests. The club hosts a Senior PGA tour event every year and is very exclusive. That "Exclusivity" is the attraction. Why would any bigshot that has money to donate want to play a cheap public course that they let anyone play on? They want to play a prestigious course, like the Ritz, like Pebble Beach, like Riviera CC, et. al., they don't want to play Municipal golf courses that are in lousy condition and overplayed.

There are abuses, yes. But the activities that Boehner engaged in are perfectly legal. So what is your issue?

There are abuses, yes. But the activities that Boehner engaged in are perfectly legal. So what is your issue?

My "issue" is that John Boehner is just another career politician, as hypocritical as any of them. I certainly don't trust that these golf "outtings" were simply for the love of the game, not when I remember well how GOP lawmakers lived the lush life thanks to one Jack Abramoff. It's hard for them to break that kind of addiction, and I suspect they've just learned to hide the details of their agendas behind these expensive jaunts.

*sigh*

should he instead use PAC money to buy people health insuance rather than its purpose which is to garner political support?

It's his hypocrisy. Good grief, why is it the right never seems to understand what that means?

how is playing golf hypocritical?

We should Criminalize Golf. Lets turn the Golf Courses into Wind Farms!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Happy Thanksgiving Del and Maggie!!!

My "issue" is that John Boehner is just another career politician, as hypocritical as any of them. I certainly don't trust that these golf "outtings" were simply for the love of the game, not when I remember well how GOP lawmakers lived the lush life thanks to one Jack Abramoff. It's hard for them to break that kind of addiction, and I suspect they've just learned to hide the details of their agendas behind these expensive jaunts.

So in other words, you dont really know why he is hypocritical for playing golf alot. He just is.

"The fact is, this country's going broke....We're spending money we don't have and passing it onto our kids, and at some point somebody's got to say, 'Enough is enough'"

John Boehner

QUESTION:
Where was this jackass when the halfwit from Crawford, Texas was spending the United States into a bankruptcy so paralyzing there is no precedent for it in all recorded human history? Where was his outrage when when the Bush Mob plundered the nation's treasure by making war on a country (Iraq - just in case it slipped your mind) that was a threat to absolutely no one? Is he really serious? That's the really funny thing - he is.

John Boehner is as crooked as they come. Since the departure of Tom Delay he has become the corrupt politician's corrupt politician. He is the new face of organized political sleaze. Someday we'll all realize this. As hard as he may try, he'll never be able to escape the wrath of history. The fact that he has always been (I'll be polite) "ethically challenged" should not surprise anyone who's paid even scant attention to his career these past twenty years.

In June 1995, at a time when Congress was deliberating tobacco subsidies, he was busted handing out checks (bribes - let's be honest) from the cigarette industry to various members in a naked attempt to influence their votes. This incident occurred in plain view right on the floor of the House of Representatives. Is this a great country or what?

Tom Degan

So in other words, you dont really know why he is hypocritical for playing golf alot. He just is.

They were financed by PACs, which should tell you something. Um, like politically motivated? Until the $$$$$$$$ is removed entirely from the political process, including from the GOP, Republican legislators who grandstand on their respective floors about spending, need to take a long hard look in the mirror before they participate in these jaunts.

Plenty of people spend that much money at country clubs all over the USA. This is not really a scandal. Come back when you catch him with $90,000 cash in his freezer, or something like that.

No, Boner is smarter than that. They put the money in an overseas account, and not in his name.

For sure you wouldn't want to have to rub elbow with we working proles. You might get told what we really think of you bastards.:lol:

They were financed by PACs, which should tell you something. Um, like politically motivated? Until the $$$$$$$$ is removed entirely from the political process, including from the GOP, Republican legislators who grandstand on their respective floors about spending, need to take a long hard look in the mirror before they participate in these jaunts.

It is not the GOVERNMENTS money that he is spending. It is private $$$ You really are one confused person!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

For sure you wouldn't want to have to rub elbow with we working proles. You might get told what we really think of you bastards.:lol:

I've worked hard for what I have and am enjoying the fruits of my efforts. I played golf for years on muni courses when I was building my business. Now, I have the money and time to play country club courses whenever I want too. You don't like it? Too bad for you! :lol:

PS- Happy Thanksgiving!!! Even to jealous failures like you!!

"The fact is, this country's going broke....We're spending money we don't have and passing it onto our kids, and at some point somebody's got to say, 'Enough is enough'"

John Boehner

QUESTION:
Where was this jackass when the halfwit from Crawford, Texas was spending the United States into a bankruptcy so paralyzing there is no precedent for it in all recorded human history? Where was his outrage when when the Bush Mob plundered the nation's treasure by making war on a country (Iraq - just in case it slipped your mind) that was a threat to absolutely no one? Is he really serious? That's the really funny thing - he is.

John Boehner is as crooked as they come. Since the departure of Tom Delay he has become the corrupt politician's corrupt politician. He is the new face of organized political sleaze. Someday we'll all realize this. As hard as he may try, he'll never be able to escape the wrath of history. The fact that he has always been (I'll be polite) "ethically challenged" should not surprise anyone who's paid even scant attention to his career these past twenty years.

In June 1995, at a time when Congress was deliberating tobacco subsidies, he was busted handing out checks (bribes - let's be honest) from the cigarette industry to various members in a naked attempt to influence their votes. This incident occurred in plain view right on the floor of the House of Representatives. Is this a great country or what?

Tom Degan

And it happens on both sides. Doesn't make it right, because it's not. Nevertheless, It's both parties that are full of corrupt carpetbaggers. ~BH

The guy can spend as much money on Golf as he pleases Maggie. Why are you leftists so obssessed with other peoples money? Get off your lazy butts and make some of your own to give away. Oh and uh, your filthy Democrat party is full of corrupt assholes too. ~BH

Boehner a drunken Republican???

NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo

I think Boehner is the biggest tool on Earth, and even I find this thread dumb.

Forum List

Back