Bobby Jindal as Veep?

If he runs, he needs to make a certification copy of his birth certificate available to the nation, swear that he's a Christian, and be prepared for the birthers. Jindal was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to Hindu parents, Amar and Raj Jindal, who came to the United States as immigrants from Punjab, India, six months before he was born which mean he was conceived in India by non-US citizens.

A Passage from India | NOLA.com
Bobby Jindal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The problem for Jindal as I understand it from the NBC-ers is that his parents weren't U.S. citizens. :dunno:

If he runs, he needs to make a certification copy of his birth certificate available to the nation, swear that he's a Christian, and be prepared for the birthers. Jindal was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to Hindu parents, Amar and Raj Jindal, who came to the United States as immigrants from Punjab, India, six months before he was born which mean he was conceived in India by non-US citizens.

The problem for Jindal as I understand it from the NBC-ers is that his parents weren't U.S. citizens. :dunno:

Doesn't matter if HE was born in the US; speaking of Veeps & JEEPS, does Jindal drive a pick up, eat deer meat, black eyed peas, drink Bud, hunt, and own the stars & bars? What religion is he? Sounds like a Hindu to me.

George Will thinks so.

Louisiana’s Gov. Bobby Jindal, 40, was a 20-year-old congressional staffer when he authored a substantial report on reforming Medicare financing. At 24, he became head of Louisiana’s Department of Health and Hospitals, with 12,000 employees and 40 percent of the state budget. Back in Washington at 26, he was executive director of the National Bipartisan Commission on the Future of Medicare. In 1999, he became president of Louisiana’s state university system, which has 80,000 students. In 2001, he served as an assistant secretary of health and human services. He became governor after three years in Congress.

Romney needs a heavy hitter as his vice president - The Washington Post

Yes, he blew his response to the state of the union address a few years back, but he's a pretty clever guy.

Dan Quayle II- The Wrath of Stupid.

Frankly, though, when your weird Mormon Robot is talking about the veep pick being the "game-changer", then he's pretty much admitting he's already lost.

Doesn't matter if HE was born in the US; speaking of Veeps & JEEPS, does Jindal drive a pick up, eat deer meat, black eyed peas, drink Bud, hunt, and own the stars & bars? What religion is he? Sounds like a Hindu to me.

Actually, he's Roman Catholic, and once performed an excorism in College...

Jindal’s Exorcism | Swampland | TIME.com

This 1994 New Oxford Review article authored by Jindal, who converted to Catholicism in high school and is known for being very devout, has been kicking around the blogosphere. In it he talks about witnessing the exorcism of a female friend he identifies only as Susan.

An excerpt:

Strangely, I found myself repeating the Hail Mary until it became a chant. Being a recent convert to Catholicism, I had yet to accept the Catholic doc*trines concerning Mary and considered any form of Marian devotion to be idolatry. Though I had never before prayed a Hail Mary in my life, I suddenly found myself incapable of any other form of prayer. Somehow, Mary’s intercessions allowed me to find peace during that long night; I knew that I had sur*vived the worst and that I would exit with my faith intact. It terrified me to recall how close I came to turning away from Christ out of fear.

geuu_01_img0141.jpg

"Your Mother Sews Socks in Hell!"

Seriously, we have one who thinks he's wearing magic underwear and another who thinks he can perform exorcisms...

Can someone tells these jokers it's the 21st Century, already?

George Will thinks so.

Louisiana’s Gov. Bobby Jindal, 40, was a 20-year-old congressional staffer when he authored a substantial report on reforming Medicare financing. At 24, he became head of Louisiana’s Department of Health and Hospitals, with 12,000 employees and 40 percent of the state budget. Back in Washington at 26, he was executive director of the National Bipartisan Commission on the Future of Medicare. In 1999, he became president of Louisiana’s state university system, which has 80,000 students. In 2001, he served as an assistant secretary of health and human services. He became governor after three years in Congress.

Yes, he blew his response to the state of the union address a few years back, but he's a pretty clever guy.

IF PIYUSH RUNS AS ROMNEY'S RUNNING MATE I WILL VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY JUST TO GET PIYUSH THE FUCK OUT OF MY STATe

That's a promise.

ROTFL you mean Bobby Jindal who is governor of Louisiana which had one of the biggest natural disasters ever and who thinks we should eliminate funding for monitoring things that cause natural disasters and funding aimed at preventing/mitigating those disasters?
Not to mention Jindal made Public workers pay more for their pensions but excluded himself from that payment.
Jindal’s also famous for firing government workers for criticizing him, and using state money to buy helicopter rides to church.
It was also weird how Jindal took credit for stimulus projects and didn’t give any credit to the FED government.

He also refused federal help to build a high speed rail connecting baton rouge and new orleans - the state's two largest economic centers.

He also supports the teaching of creationism.

He also hates teachers. Period. His new law is basically going to punish teachers for teaching students that come from bad homes and reward teachers that teach students whose parents are involved in their education, and his "scholarship" system (which is a voucher system, he just renamed it to make it sound better) is designed to pump taxpayer money into private enterprise - not to educate people.

Last edited:
George Will thinks so.

There is something creepy about him but he could be a possible match.

I doubt Jindal would add much to Romney's appeal. No VP nomination is going to convince hard core rightwingers that Romney is one of them. They will either vote for Romney to stop Obama or not at all, no VP nomination is going to change that.

So for the VP nomination Romney will look toward getting an edge in a key state or impriving his chances with some demographic group.

Senator Rubio is a strong candidate VP because he could bring Florida (key state) and hispanic votes (demographic group).

Another possibility is Romney going after women by selecting Carly Fiorina or Condoleeza Rice.

George Will thinks so.

Clever or not..that's what people remember. He also whined a heck of alot over the oil spill in an attempt to make Obama look bad. He also lied about the stimulus money that he said he didn't want..then took.

Overall he's got baggage.

I doubt Jindal would add much to Romney's appeal. No VP nomination is going to convince hard core rightwingers that Romney is one of them. They will either vote for Romney to stop Obama or not at all, no VP nomination is going to change that.

So for the VP nomination Romney will look toward getting an edge in a key state or impriving his chances with some demographic group.

Senator Rubio is a strong candidate VP because he could bring Florida (key state) and hispanic votes (demographic group).

Another possibility is Romney going after women by selecting Carly Fiorina or Condoleeza Rice.

Hispanics are not going to vote Republican because a Cuban is on the ticket..and an anti-immigration Cuban at that.

Neither one of those women have any appeal whatsoever to women. Fact is..Republicans blew the women vote completely by trying to turn their "war on abortion and contraception" into a "war on religion". That majorly backfired.

Both governors, I think Rubio would add more to the ticket. For those inclined to want a conservative "balance".

I was being a smart ass. I like Jindal, have for a couple of years now. Almost as much as I like Gary Johnson.

I honestly think two governors would not best for the ticket. I'd pick Murkowski or Collins myself, but that isn't a choice.

Murkowski's an interesting choice. She's been reassessing her party and asking some tough questions.

Hispanics are not going to vote Republican because a Cuban is on the ticket..and an anti-immigration Cuban at that.

Neither one of those women have any appeal whatsoever to women. Fact is..Republicans blew the women vote completely by trying to turn their "war on abortion and contraception" into a "war on religion". That majorly backfired.

Yeah, they aren't going to vote for Rubio at all when they find out what a dimwit he is.

Yeah, they aren't going to vote for Rubio at all when they find out what a dimwit he is.

Apparently a lot of Floridians did vote for him. And Florida is a swing state.

Apparently a lot of Floridians did vote for him. And Florida is a swing state.

And he's been quite the firecracker since hitting the senate. What's his big effort? Getting "religious" employers the "right" to restrict insurance from covering contraception?

That's a sure fire winner..for sure.

I read somewhere that Rubio is preparing an alternative to the DREAM act. Just in time for the campaign. Should be interesting to see (a) his fellow Republicans' reaction to it, and (2) whether it's even a serious plan. We'll see!

It's not a serious plan. It's basically bullshit. A person who came to the US as a kid can finish up school..but then has to return to "their country of origin". Some of these kids don't even speak the native tongue.

It's one of the cruelest things I've ever heard of..

Forum List

Back