Board policy on stalking

Saigon

Gold Member
May 4, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
What is the board policy on stalking?

Ignore mode is a very fine thing, but since posting here I've had 2 posters who often seem to spend their days spouting braindead abuse about my every post.

One is an occaional irritant, the other one is so obsessive I keep expecting him to find him on my doorstep when I get home (naked, smothered in toothpaste, wearing the ubiquitous tinfoil helmet, and ranting about how my evil lies have cost him his job as Defender of the Planet).

I have the guy on Ignore, but even so - it makes discussion difficult when one poster comments 10 times in a row on a thread - and never on the topic. It's just wave of abuse. It means other poster don't bother replying, and it kill threads.

Can't these lunatics be given a time out every so often?

Do it once or twice and the problem will solve itself.

I've been dealing with a stalker as well since the first day I got here. Apparently as long as they are right wingers doing the abuse, it's OK in the mod's eyes.

Ignore mode is a very fine thing, but since posting here I've had 2 posters who often seem to spend their days spouting braindead abuse about my every post.

One is an occaional irritant, the other one is so obsessive I keep expecting him to find him on my doorstep when I get home (naked, smothered in toothpaste, wearing the ubiquitous tinfoil helmet, and ranting about how my evil lies have cost him his job as Defender of the Planet).

I have the guy on Ignore, but even so - it makes discussion difficult when one poster comments 10 times in a row on a thread - and never on the topic. It's just wave of abuse. It means other poster don't bother replying, and it kill threads.

And how about the idiots that make a post that seems totally irrelevant to the thread topic? And the idiots that neg those idiots, even though THEY didn't start the thread?

Mr H -

I don't know why you post music videos on threads about politics, but I gues you are trying to stop peaple debating above your head?

Either way - you are not a stalker!

Mods -

So - what IS the policy?

Yes, there is, but in an ideal world stalkers do not run the forum.

Carte blanche is not well suited for people with psychological problems.

As it happens, it seems possible the poster in question saw thi thread and has left the forum. In which case I'm delighted.

Isn't there a website called Finlandmessageboard? You sir are stalking > 300 million people.
Why do you care how the US conducts itself and why do you consider yourself qualified to comment?

You sir are stalking > 300 million people.

I dunno if I have time to stalk more than about 10 million of you at a time.

If you do not think the board should allow non-American posters, then I guess you can suggest that to the Mods. I don't see why non-Americans bother you, myself.

You sir are stalking > 300 million people.

I dunno if I have time to stalk more than about 10 million of you at a time.

If you do not think the board should allow non-American posters, then I guess you can suggest that to the Mods. I don't see why non-Americans bother you, myself.

Non-Americans, as a rule, don't bother me at all until they presume to know what's best for my country.
To be quite frank, I don't give a shit how finish citizens run their country. Why do you care how we run ours?

What makes you qualified to advise us?

Why do you care how we run ours?

What makes you qualified to advise us?

I actually like America and American people and find the country interesting. I have a couple of good personal friends in the US, but beyond that I don't care.

It is up to Americans to decide what is best for America, obviously, but I like to think I bring a different perspective to some issues.

Unfortunately your thread has succeeded in only confirming for the stalkers they’re hitting their target.

Look Saigon! I actually read your posts and have actually learned from you. You are one of the most intelligent Liberals on the site. That said, you come off as preachy, if you know what I mean. We are a fiercely independent lot and I for one don't care to hear someone with no stake id the outcome presume to know what's best for the U. S.

Forum List

Back