Board of large HOA in FL arrested

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Several current and former board members on one of Florida's largest homeowners associations have been charged with stealing more than $2 million of residents' money.

Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle announced a mix of theft, fraud and money laundering charges on Tuesday against current president Monica Isabel Ghilardi, 52; board member Myriam Arango Rodgers, 76; former board member Yoleidis Lopez Garcia, 47; former president Marglli Gallego, 41; and Jose Antonio Gonzalez, 45, who is Gallego's husband and accused of running two companies that were paid at least $1.26 million in HOA funds.

"This case is not closed," Fernandez Rundle said during a news conference. "These are not the end of the criminal arrests."

What kind of community would have that motley crew running things? They just look like crooks.

Sounds like a happy ending. I have no doubt there are plenty of other HOAs skimming home owners.

I love it! Anyone who would be on the board of an HOA is a sick control freak criminal! I've only lived in one home that had an HOA and it was disgusting. They were disgusting. Never again.

HOAs are no good useually controled by thugs and Nazi control freaks. They are out to get rich by running an HOA beware of any who want to hire relatives for jobs like maintenance and wish to draw a paycheck from the funds.

Forum List

Back