Bloomberg Suggests We Need To Ration Care, Shouldn’t Give Treatment For Fatal Disease To Older Folks

I’m so old I remember when you were mocked for suggesting Death Panels were coming.

And this was when he was paying a shiva call in 2011 with a grieving family whose father had just died. And when they change 95 to 75?

Twitter
Wait a minute! Your source for this thread is some remote guy on twitter that should be writing on the conspiracy board? And your fellow flunkies take up the cause. Sheesh! youse guys sure love to wallow in that swill you call cunning.

Mini-Mike himself is 77 or 78.

Does he intend to forgo treatment himself, in the interest of his policy?
Of course bloomberg will not ration healthcare for himself any more than obama will

nor will bloomberg lead by example on guns either

he wants to take guns away from law abiding citizens but surrounds himself with men fully armed with guns to protect him

Statements like that from that idiot is exactly the reason we should never let the government be involved in something as important a health care.

"you send kids to jail, you dont correct them, you teach them how to be a worse person" - Bloomberg in 2015

Who gets the best doctors and treatments - anyone who wants them. That's because the doctor gets the same amount of money for treating a billionaire, as they get for treating a welfare mom. There are no copayments and no extra billings. Doctors decide how many patients they see. Rich people cannot slip the doctor a little extra and jump the line.

Of course, this is just a load of shit. Top rated providers may be talented, but they are still only human beings with the same number of hours in the day as Quacks and Incompetent medical professionals.

If I needed brain surgery, if anyone needed their thinker worked on, they would want Dr. Harvey Cushing doing the work, and not Dr. Vinnie Boombatz or Dr. Nick Riviera. No one would really want to be touched by the other doctors. But those guys are still on the national payroll and Cushing is still just one man.

I’m so old I remember when you were mocked for suggesting Death Panels were coming.

And this was when he was paying a shiva call in 2011 with a grieving family whose father had just died. And when they change 95 to 75?

Twitter
After Bloomberg and the rest of the Dems take our guns, they will build Guillotines and Gulags.

How do I know this? Their campaigns were caught discussing it when they didn't think anyone was recording them.

Killing 60 Million Babies was just a warm up for them.

Anybody got cures for terminal illnesses?

Thought not.

We should all have $65 Billion for a day and see who we cure. Instead of buying a nomination, Bloomberg could be saving lives

Bloomberg is the kind of guy who just likes to tell other people what to do. During his reign in New York, he limited the size of soda cup, regulated trans-fats, salt shakers in restaurants. A modern day Raymond Cocteau

He's funding gun grabs all over the country
Bloomberg is behind The Virginia Gun Grab, and is Bribing Dem Politicians to Support it.
giphy.gif

Government health care leaves treatment between the patient and his/her doctor.
Imagine the ignorance of starting a sentence with “Government healthcare” and ending it with “leaves treatment between the patient and their doctor”.

Um...it’s government “healthcare”. Which means treatment is controlled by the government. Which is what the left wants. They love a fascist totalitarian state where the government controls everything.

One thing libs NEVER address in their quest for Government Controlled healthcare is the question of quality as well as choice.

Who will be treated by high quality doctors? Who will be treated by the less competent?

How about choice? In the practice of medicine, there are often different ways to deal with medical problems. How would libs determine which back pain patients will get surgery, which will get chiropractic, which will get scrips for oxycontin? All valid treatments, but with different price points.

Government funded healthcare pays for the healthcare. They don't determine who gets what treatments or which doctors. That's what private insurance does. They have "networks" and all kind of treatment limiting tricks and traps and ways to deny you coverage and treatment.

Who gets the best doctors and treatments - anyone who wants them. That's because the doctor gets the same amount of money for treating a billionaire, as they get for treating a welfare mom. There are no copayments and no extra billings. Doctors decide how many patients they see. Rich people cannot slip the doctor a little extra and jump the line.

There are extras you can pay for - a semi-private or private room. Home care and nursing. One of my friends hired a team of round the clock private nurses to care for her dying father, when he was in late stages Alzheimer. He had been an oil company President. The wealthy will always have access to better care. They're generally better educated and can advocate for their own care. The poor are less likely to question what they're told or seek second opinions, look for alternative treatments, and have less resources to for appliances or aides in their recovery.

John Oliver has a brilliant explanation as to why single payer is oh so much better and cheaper than what you have now. And why you might like single payer even more than the Canadians and the British do.

That's why rich people from other countries go to the USA. They can buy faster service and experimental treatments. And also because the USA is the only country in the world which allows hospitals to sell their services to foreigners. Americans brag that nobody goes to Canada for treatment. They can't. We won't let them. Our taxes pay for our hospitals and our taxes paid for the doctors' education. As long as there are Canadians waiting for treatment, our hospitals are not allowed to sell their services to foreigners.

In a single payer system, your doctor doesn't consult with the insurance company or the government about your treatment, they consult with you. You and your doctor decide your treatment. Not the government and not your insurance company.

Well this is a bit contradictory....first you say everyone gets the same treatment regardless of $$$, then you say the wealthy will always have access to better care, and to this I do agree....the wealthy do get better care. but as for everyone gets the same treatment...….maybe that's true in YOUR world, but here in the states it's not. Our government Medicare/Medicaid programs do have limitations of coverages and most Dr's and even hospitals don't accept one or both. So no, not everyone regardless of income gets the same care. In this capitalist driven country, money talks so yeah the poor/low or fixed income have the least amount of treatment options available, private/HMO's have more options that may provide a higher level of care and the rich have the best money can buy. And the 'poor' don't have the option of getting second opinions, alternative treatments or resources or access to better recovery aides.....cause they're poor and available insurance may not cover it.

As for the DR getting the same amount of money for treating billionairs vs welfare mom......again, that's not true either because Medicaid & Medicare have discounted contracts with a few Dr's/hospitals. Medicaid pays 100% of the CONTRACTED amount which is less than full amount while Medicare may only pay 80%(?) of the contracted amount and the remainder is paid by the patient or the facility agrees to accept what Medicare pays without billing for the remainder. And as a DR or hospital, in order to stay in business (because that's exactly what it is), they make more money from HMO's & the rich than they do from Medicaid/Medicare and will provide better quality to the highest bidder.

btw...…..YES, many treatments beyond preventative care IS required preapproval

Last edited:

Twitter

Does it really matter? If trump's budget he has proposed gets passed he will cut reimbursements to provider's under Medicare.

Twitter

American insurance companies have denying life extending treatments and care to terminal patients for years. Lifetime caps also deny treatment to older patients.

This isn't anything new.

Actually, American insurance companies have sometimes denied PAYMENT for treatments which they had determined were outside of the bounds of the policy they agreed to. They never deny, or guarantee, that anyone will or will not receive a particular treatment. Premium payers have possible avenues of relief that they wouldn't with an all-encompassing governmental system. They can hire a lawyer to fight with the insurance company if they have a case, they can find another way to pay for needed treatment as well.

Liberal plans would ban self-payment.

BULLSHIT. Liberal plans don't ban self-payment. They ban "extra billing". And government health care doesn't pre-approve care. Government health care, pays for care post treatment.

Government health care leaves treatment between the patient and his/her doctor. This is yet another scare technique to keep the private health care gravy train rolling for Big Medicine.

They apparently don't understand balance billing.

Government health care leaves treatment between the patient and his/her doctor.
Imagine the ignorance of starting a sentence with “Government healthcare” and ending it with “leaves treatment between the patient and their doctor”.

Um...it’s government “healthcare”. Which means treatment is controlled by the government. Which is what the left wants. They love a fascist totalitarian state where the government controls everything.

One thing libs NEVER address in their quest for Government Controlled healthcare is the question of quality as well as choice.

Who will be treated by high quality doctors? Who will be treated by the less competent?

How about choice? In the practice of medicine, there are often different ways to deal with medical problems. How would libs determine which back pain patients will get surgery, which will get chiropractic, which will get scrips for oxycontin? All valid treatments, but with different price points.

How much different do you think it will be than it is now? The insurance companies are determining surgeries, chiropractic now and my red state determines who will get pain pills.

my red state determines who will get pain pills.

blue states as well...…...has to do with the opioid crisis and most facilities have signs saying they do NOT provide such certain meds

Yea, I know. I think most states are regulating to the point docs are scared of being thrown in jail. I know someone who died 9 years ago from lung cancer and kidney failure, she had no chance but yet the docs were afraid she would get addicted to pain meds that would have at least made her comfortable.

Twitter

Does it really matter? If trump's budget he has proposed gets passed he will cut reimbursements to provider's under Medicare.
In Sanders' Medicare for All plan, he proposes cutting payments to providers by 40%. On the other hand, Bloomberg proposes letting people die to save money.

Forum List

Back