Blah, blah...I'm new too.

aztecdune

Rookie
Aug 20, 2010
Michigan
I just discovered this board and find it worthy of my attention...lol! I'm a pragmatic centrist. I'm an atheist because I find no reason to be otherwise, although I don't have any reason to care about anyone's spiritual beliefs as long as it doesn't infringe upon my lack of one. I like people, in general, but I do not like intolerant or willfully ignorant people. I'm a calm, cool and rational person, for the most part. I enjoy hockey, music, political discussion (duh), reading science fiction and watching excellent films. I'm a very kind and thoughtful person, in general. I like you until you don't like me. There ya go!

cza0955l.jpg

I just discovered this board and find it worthy of my attention...lol! I'm a pragmatic centrist. I'm an atheist because I find no reason to be otherwise, although I don't have any reason to care about anyone's spiritual beliefs as long as it doesn't infringe upon my lack of one. I like people, in general, but I do not like intolerant or willfully ignorant people. I'm a calm, cool and rational person, for the most part. I enjoy hockey, music, political discussion (duh), reading science fiction and watching excellent films. I'm a very kind and thoughtful person, in general. I like you until you don't like me. There ya go!

There are more than a couple of them here.

But welcome anyway. I enjoy hockey as well. In addition, I am extremely intelligent, I am virile and I wash my own socks.

Hey, welcome!

I enjoy a good atheist, and I hope you stay around. It seems that, as of late, most center-left people have sort of 'given up' compared to the heady days of the early 2000s; so I'll warn you... Only keep posting here if you like a good challenge from a few posters here (and sometimes, me included).

Though I do like this hating of willfully ignorant people. I think, by that alone, we can along on that admirably.

I enjoy debate and think that challenging your opinion is a healthy exercise. Good for the brain...and all that.

:welcome: 2 USMB aztecdune, as for me, I am a Christian, but am not a member of any organized group for obvious reasons, to some, been there, done that. I also don't care who or what religion or belief one has, as long as it doesn't threaten the safety and well-being of others, ie: non-violent. Unfortunately organized 'religion' over the ages has left a legacy of much violence and mayhem, even with all the 'goodness' contained in the respective 'bibles' and scriptures.
Have fun and enjoy your visits. :eusa_angel:

I enjoy debate and think that challenging your opinion is a healthy exercise. Good for the brain...and all that.

Do you enjoy challenges to your own opinion? For example, if I said, I'm not an atheist cuz I find no reason to be one, could you offer a reason?

Just an example.

Welcome. Have fun.

Yes, I do enjoy having my opinion challenged. I was at one time very conservative. I had my ideas and opinions challenged and became very liberal as a result. Then, I had them challenged again and became a moderate. I consider myself a work in progress. If I have stopped evolving, I am probably dead.

A reason for being an atheist or a reason for not being one? I'm a tad confused with your phrasing.

Thanks to everyone for the welcomes!

Forum List

Back