Birthday Month Cooking

That is what Birthday Month is for! Whatcha got?
OK. An electric frying pan a stick of butter, a shitload of garlic, and four good size cube steaks.

French bread and dill pickles

Melt the butter and put about 7 cloves of minced garlic in ( need a garlic press). Add the cube steaks and turn heat up to cook and brown steaks. Cut the french bread into sandwich size. take meat out before you turn it over. put bread side down into the pan to soak up the meat juices. Put the meat back and cook the other side. While that going on put the french beneath the broiler until crisp.

Put dill pickles on it, a lot. Enjoy. I put onions on mine too. Might not smell too good after you eat it but that will be someone else's problem. After thought of course season the meat with salt and pepper.

Last edited:
OK. An electric frying pan a stick of butter, a shitload of garlic, and four good size cube steaks.

French bread and dill pickles

Melt the butter and put about 7 cloves of minced garlic in ( need a garlic press). Add the cube steaks and turn heat up to cook and brown steaks. Cut the french bread into sandwich size. take meat out before you turn it over. put bread side down into the pan to soak up the meat juices. Put the meat back and cook the other side. While that going on put the french beneath the broiler until crisp.

Put dill pickles on it, a lot. Enjoy. I put onions on mine too. Might not smell too good after you eat it but that will be someone else's problem. After thought of course season the meat with salt and pepper.

I have a huge top sirloin sitting in my fridge for making country fried steak with gravy. Now I know what I am doing with the rest of the steak.

Thanks!! Sounds delicious. Oh, I would have added onions anyway. lol

I have a huge top sirloin sitting in my fridge for making country fried steak with gravy. Now I know what I am doing with the rest of the steak.

If it's in your fridge, put it in some olive oil and salt & pepper. Tenderize/flavorize.

All fried. A lot of people are afraid of fried food.

Doesn't work that way.
It has so far for me. Aren't you in a medical field? How long am I supposed to be able to get away with it all, and keep normal blood pressure, normal cholesterol, maintaining 186 and keep doing all the active stuff I have been used to and with no daily medications? Just had a checkup this week. The White 6 machine, Zero Defects.

Well, you couldn't read my post well enough to know I eat the sugar cereal once a year, not as a diet. I am not saying the book you suggested is bad. I am simply saying that what I am doing works. If it works, don't fix it. But you have to insist that you know best.

Enjoy your diet of proteins, starches, calories and vitamins! After all, you know what works and what doesn't even all those things you've never known about!

You are one hip, tuned-in dude.

Enjoy your diet of proteins, starches, calories and vitamins! After all, you know what works and what doesn't even all those things you've never known about!

You are one hip, tuned-in dude.

LMAO! I do enjoy my diet. The best modern research available says I am doing well.

It has so far for me. Aren't you in a medical field? How long am I supposed to be able to get away with it all, and keep normal blood pressure, normal cholesterol, maintaining 186 and keep doing all the active stuff I have been used to and with no daily medications? Just had a checkup this week. The White 6 machine, Zero Defects.

Paying attention to what you eat is always a good idea.

However ... I try to remind people that a piece of Italian Cream Cake on their birthday will not kill them.
Unless of course they choke on a walnut piece, are allergic to coconut, or something.

Congrats on your annual check-up.

20220205_132204.jpg

20220205_132146.jpg

First new recipe, Oklahoma Onion Burgers. The story is that in the 1930s and 1940s meat was expensive and onions were cheap. So an enterprising hamburger restaurant started making these onion burgers.

Next time I will use more onion. But they were absolutely delicious!!

20220206_175827.jpg

Continuing the Birthday Month cooking extravaganza, we have fried catfish, hushpuppies and layered potatoes. All three were crispy and delicious!!

My girlfriend's homemade tarter sauce in the center, and her homemade bleu cheese dressing in the upper left. A meal fit for a southern king!

Forum List

Back