Bill O's book on Lincoln banned by the Nat'l Parks Service

Do people even read the stories the post?

Yessss ... I read that.

Soooo?

Sooooo...

It means your thread title: "Bill O's book on Lincoln banned by the Nat'l Parks Service" is a steaming pile of dishonest fail.

Way to pwn yourself you stupid bint. :thup:

Ford Theatre book store is non government property, but it is being sold at the Lincoln Museum. Hopefully, after doing a little checking they will pull it.

Let's see, go to Fords Theater website, click on books, search for "Killing Lincoln" and... there it is.

See? This is why you never trust a Liberal to tell you the truth, even partially

Especially when that liberal is a conservative like Amelia. :rofl:
Oh is she a Conservative? My Bad! I don't really "keep score" with everyones' ideology (obviously) :lol: I just figgered it was a Liberal attack on BOR because that's where they usually come from. My apologies.

Let's see, go to Fords Theater website, click on books, search for "Killing Lincoln" and... there it is.

See? This is why you never trust a Liberal to tell you the truth, even partially

Oh is she a Conservative? My Bad! I don't really "keep score" with everyones' ideology (obviously) :lol: I just figgered it was a Liberal attack on BOR because that's where they usually come from. My apologies.

No worries. It wasn't an attack on Papa Bear, it was a big fat lie and a failed attack on the Parks Services.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

No worries. It wasn't an attack on Papa Bear, it was a big fat lie and a failed attack on the Parks Services.

Keep showing how wrong you are. It wasn't a lie. It wasn't an attack on the NPS. And BillO annoys me terribly.

But what's an ignorant manifold gonna do? :dunno:

Keep showing how wrong you are. It wasn't a lie. It wasn't an attack on the NPS. And BillO annoys me terribly.

I'm not ignorant of the fact that you posted a thread title not even remotely supported by your OP or the article you linked. That's a banable offense at less tolerant message boards sugar tits. :thup:

I have been to Ford's Theater

They do not have a Fiction section in their bookstore

I'm not ignorant of the fact that you posted a thread title not even remotely supported by your OP or the article you linked. That's a banable offense at less tolerant message boards sugar tits. :thup:

shirley you meant "bananable offense"
bananallama.gif

Thread title:

From the article:

For a history of the assassination — an “unsanitized and uncompromising . . . no spin American story,” as O’Reilly and co*author Martin Dugard put it, “Killing Lincoln” suffers from factual errors and a lack of documentation, according to a study conducted by Rae Emerson, the deputy superintendent of Ford’s Theatre National Historic Site, which is a unit of the National Park Service. . . Emerson’s review recommended that the book not be sold at Ford Theatre’s NPS store.

And in keeping with Emerson's recommendation, the book was not for sale in the at Ford’s Theatre museum bookstore. That it was for sale in another store on the site does not negate my OP.

Do you make your posts just to give us busy work showing where you're wrong? Or do you actually believe what you write?

I seriously can't tell ... so good job, I guess.

Last edited:
Banned from the Ford's Theatre bookstore for factual errors.

Of all the places you’d expect to find Bill O’Reilly’s “Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination That Changed America Forever,” Ford’s Theatre, the site of the dreadful act, should rank at the top. But you’d do better to search for the history bestseller on *Amazon.com, because you won’t find it at the theater’s store.

Bill O'Reilly's 'Killing Lincoln'; not for sale at Ford's Theatre museum bookstore - The Washington Post

Kind of misleading to say that the book is "banned". Just because one particualr bookstore (in this case the Ford Theatre gift shop) chooses not to sell it doesn't constitute a "ban".

If anything its more publicity for O'Reilly's book and he'll get more sales.

Thread title:

From the article:

For a history of the assassination — an “unsanitized and uncompromising . . . no spin American story,” as O’Reilly and co*author Martin Dugard put it, “Killing Lincoln” suffers from factual errors and a lack of documentation, according to a study conducted by Rae Emerson, the deputy superintendent of Ford’s Theatre National Historic Site, which is a unit of the National Park Service. . . Emerson’s review recommended that the book not be sold at Ford Theatre’s NPS store.

And in keeping with Emerson's recommendation, the book was not for sale in the at Ford’s Theatre museum bookstore. That it was for sale in another store on the site does not negate my OP.

Do you make your posts just to give us busy work showing where you're wrong? Or do you actually believe what you write?

I don't see the word 'banned' anywhere except in your dishonest thread title and OP toots. :thup:

Thread title:

From the article:

I don't see the word 'banned' anywhere except in your dishonest thread title and OP toots. :thup:

I think that "banned" is an appropriate word for an NPS employee in charge of such things making a recommendation that the book not be for sale at the NPS store due to factual errors, and the book subsequently not being made available for sale at said store.

The word "banned" was used in many other articles out that day, suggesting that many other people interpreted it the same way I did.

I think that you are quibbling over that word now to justify your hateful partisan behavior.

But whatcha gonna do?

Banned from the Ford's Theatre bookstore for factual errors.

Of all the places you’d expect to find Bill O’Reilly’s “Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination That Changed America Forever,” Ford’s Theatre, the site of the dreadful act, should rank at the top. But you’d do better to search for the history bestseller on *Amazon.com, because you won’t find it at the theater’s store.

Bill O'Reilly's 'Killing Lincoln'; not for sale at Ford's Theatre museum bookstore - The Washington Post

Not true but the WashingPost hasn't apologized for the error.

Forum List

Back