Bill Nye: Should Parents Be Penalized For Having ‘Extra Kids?’

It Seems Bill Nye is considering adopting something like China's 'Child Allowance' policy, limiting families to having only a certain number of children before punishing them for it...

"Comedian Bill Nye suggested that saving the world from climate change might entail punishing people in developed countries for having too many children."
-- 'Comedian'?! I thought he was the 'Science guy'. 'Comedian' - that explains a lot.

It seems Nye has stepped into a Liberal contradiction: On one hand Liberals believe the government should monetarily REWARD single-mothers for every child they conceive while, at least according to Nye, considering the possibility of financially PUNISHING people for having more than a certain allotted / allowed number of children.

I wonder which of their arguments will / would win out or what argument they could come up with to attempt to stick with BOTH.

(*Of course Nye is speaking fro himself on this issue, one that many, like China, have considered and even adopted.)

How are single mothers being rewarded for every child ?

My question: why should parents be given tax credit for every kid ?

Don't have any children do you?

Nope . Hey, I'm not against the tax break . But righties are all about tax fairness and personal responsibility.

What's so fair about people who decide to have kids , then get a tax break , and get all sorts of taxpayer funded benefits (primarily schools) ?

""Nope . Hey, I'm not against the tax break . But righties are all about tax fairness and personal responsibility."

Yes personal responsibility, if you have children they are your personal responsibility, you should provide for them and not expect other people to provide for them from welfare.

If you cannot afford to financially support your own children then you should be forced to not have children.

"What's so fair about people who decide to have kids , then get a tax break , and get all sorts of taxpayer funded benefits (primarily schools) ?"

Because those children from socially and economically productive parents will grow up to be future taxpayers, which is why they are worth investing in before they're even born and also why couples should be offered all sorts of incentives to have as many children as possible.

You contradict yourself . If you can afford to have that kid , then you shouldn't be getting "welfare" in the form of tax breaks.

Sounds like a push for abortion, IMO
I don't think "punishment" for having kids is a good idea. Then again, what about people that cant afford them have a bunch, strictly for govt benefits?
The broke crackwhore that lives in section 8 shouldn't have 9 fucking kids..
IDK

Ah the "Welfare Queen" lie rears it's ugly head AGAIN.

Poor women have, on average, FEWER children than middle class women. Poor women have MORE abortions than middle class women - 80% of the women having abortions live below, or just above the poverty line.

Try to give the conservative talking points a rest. Especially those which have been disproven again and again.

It Seems Bill Nye is considering adopting something like China's 'Child Allowance' policy, limiting families to having only a certain number of children before punishing them for it...

"Comedian Bill Nye suggested that saving the world from climate change might entail punishing people in developed countries for having too many children."
-- 'Comedian'?! I thought he was the 'Science guy'. 'Comedian' - that explains a lot.

It seems Nye has stepped into a Liberal contradiction: On one hand Liberals believe the government should monetarily REWARD single-mothers for every child they conceive while, at least according to Nye, considering the possibility of financially PUNISHING people for having more than a certain allotted / allowed number of children.

I wonder which of their arguments will / would win out or what argument they could come up with to attempt to stick with BOTH.

(*Of course Nye is speaking fro himself on this issue, one that many, like China, have considered and even adopted.)
dude, it's why they are all for killing babies. They are trying to end the world one baby at a time. You never realized that?

So why don't they demand the same policy for The Third World which is grotesquely over populated and because it is this is why they are prone to so many famine situations, too many people, not enough resources to sustain them all.

That's mostly a religion thing . Good thing the us is becoming more secular .

How are single mothers being rewarded for every child ?

My question: why should parents be given tax credit for every kid ?

Don't have any children do you?

Nope . Hey, I'm not against the tax break . But righties are all about tax fairness and personal responsibility.

What's so fair about people who decide to have kids , then get a tax break , and get all sorts of taxpayer funded benefits (primarily schools) ?

""Nope . Hey, I'm not against the tax break . But righties are all about tax fairness and personal responsibility."

Yes personal responsibility, if you have children they are your personal responsibility, you should provide for them and not expect other people to provide for them from welfare.

If you cannot afford to financially support your own children then you should be forced to not have children.

"What's so fair about people who decide to have kids , then get a tax break , and get all sorts of taxpayer funded benefits (primarily schools) ?"

Because those children from socially and economically productive parents will grow up to be future taxpayers, which is why they are worth investing in before they're even born and also why couples should be offered all sorts of incentives to have as many children as possible.

You contradict yourself . If you can afford to have that kid , then you shouldn't be getting "welfare" in the form of tax breaks.

"You contradict yourself . If you can afford to have that kid , then you shouldn't be getting "welfare" in the form of tax breaks."

Tax breaks are not welfare.

If you already have full time employment you are paying taxes, so giving people tax breaks for having more children you're just giving them back more of their own money.

Welfare is you contribute nothing but taxpayers pay you from their earned money for you to sit on your buttocks doing nothing.

dude, it's why they are all for killing babies. They are trying to end the world one baby at a time. You never realized that?

So why don't they demand the same policy for The Third World which is grotesquely over populated and because it is this is why they are prone to so many famine situations, too many people, not enough resources to sustain them all.

Because having successful, and productive First World populations decline while Third World populations and cultures, become increasingly dominate in the world, is a GOOD THING?

It has nothing to do with religion, what a complete fool you are.

Developed countries don't have a problem with too many kids.

It has nothing to do with religion, what a complete fool you are.
They do have birth control in third world nations, early death...

Sounds like a push for abortion, IMO
I don't think "punishment" for having kids is a good idea. Then again, what about people that cant afford them have a bunch, strictly for govt benefits?
The broke crackwhore that lives in section 8 shouldn't have 9 fucking kids..
IDK

Ah the "Welfare Queen" lie rears it's ugly head AGAIN.

Poor women have, on average, FEWER children than middle class women. Poor women have MORE abortions than middle class women - 80% of the women having abortions live below, or just above the poverty line.

Try to give the conservative talking points a rest. Especially those which have been disproven again and again.
Good on you for arguing strawmen :thup:

Yeah, that's why tax dollars go to 'reward' women for having babies.

Liberals are 'all over the board on this one:

They want to use tax dollars to pay for free contraceptives. They want to use tax dollars to pay for abortions. They want to use tax dollars to women for every baby they have, an incentive for some to have even more.

I like how he stated developed countries! Word to stupid, we don't have an over-reproduction problem in developed country. In fact, in vast majority of developed countries we have too few new babies.

It is the 3rd world that has the over-reproduction problem. You should place your restriction upon them.

But Mr Nye is quick not to include developing because the. He would get labeled as a racist!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Yeah, that's why tax dollars go to 'reward' women for having babies.

Liberals are 'all over the board on this one:

They want to use tax dollars to pay for free contraceptives. They want to use tax dollars to pay for abortions. They want to use tax dollars to women for every baby they have, an incentive for some to have even more.

Well if free contraceptives mean less abortions, how is that a bad thing?

The situation is that women on either a fixed low income or on welfare cannot afford regular contraception, unless they have a medically fitted form of contraception, so don't you think logically it's better to give those women free contraception which in turn would mean less abortions?

Well if free contraceptives mean less abortions, how is that a bad thing?

I am not saying it is, just pointing out how snowflakes are all over the board on the 'baby' issue.

'Have 'em, don't have 'em...we'll pay tax dollars to make sure you don't have any...we'll pay tax dollars to make sure we snuff 'em out if you get pregnant and don't want 'em...if you get pregnant and want to keep them we'll pay you tax dollars for every one you have.'

That's because having more children is not a problem to begin with

Isn't having children penalty enough?

It wasn't until I had kids that I understood why some species eat their young...

Forum List

Back